PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #1  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Default 2012 January PCOS Support Thread!

Happy New Year! A new month! All welcome!

Last month's thread is here.
  • Who's here this month?
  • How are you?
  • How was last month and all the holidaying?
  • How's your PCOS management going?
  • What are you working on this month?

Last edited by astrophe; 01-01-2012 at 08:03 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Who's here this month?

Me! Me!

How are you?

Not out of the woods with Dad eldercare and mental health stuff but a WHOLE lot better now that he's stable on meds and not being an angry, raging elder scaring everyone with his temper. That's for sure.

How was last month and all the holidaying?

Had a reasonably peaceful holiday with the parents. I was worried about Dad pulling a stunt. So glad that did not come to pass. In-laws were fun, so were friends. Wonderfully low key and restoring holiday break.

How's your PCOS management going?

Well, I'm back on the allergy shots. Got all the testing done. I have endoc coming up this month. Weight not moving much, but taking my Levoxyl for the thyroid and trying to remember the Met.

What are you working on this month?
Started food logging and some exercise last month. So wanting to stick with it for now before increasing.

Trying to get the house into shape.

A.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/ 1-2-2010

Height: 5'4 1/2 cant forget the 1/2

Who's here this month?
Thargett5 (tabetha)
How are you? Good dealing with $ issues right now that has me stressed
How was last month and all the holidaying? Good did not over eat sweets this year!
How's your PCOS management going? Just got put on new meds (glyboride sp?)
What are you working on this month? to start to work out
thargett5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/138/125

Height: 5'6"

[*] Who's here this month?

I'm new. Not that new, I keep restarting and coming back, but new to this subforum. I'm Jessica and I've got 75lbs to lose (25 till I hit the point where my PCOS symptoms mostly abate.)

[*] How are you?

Okay. I've been back at work 2 months after having my 7 month old, and its not wonderful, but I'll live

[*] How was last month and all the holidaying?

It resulted in gaining 10lbs. So not great.

[*] How's your PCOS management going?

Right now, hair growth is pretty bad but I stay on top of it. I'm not on any meds since I've determined I can control it with diet, exercise, herbs and plenty of time waxing.

I'm fortunate that I've (so far) never developed acanthosis nigricans, balding, or extreme obesity. My plan is to never go higher than what I am now so as to avoid these things (not very original. Heh.)

[*] What are you working on this month?

Eliminating boredom eating; possibly joining a gym (I did go often before I met DH)

Last edited by jeminijad; 01-03-2012 at 01:56 PM.
jeminijad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Who's here this month?

I am. Still in the middle of a lot of things, so I won't be around much, but things should hopefully calm down soon.

How are you?

Good. A bit tired. Excited that it's a new year, I always love new beginnings.

A little crazy. Healthy crazy, in the sense that I'm not eating like I used to eat back three years ago, but I was eating more carbs (even if they were "healthy" carbs) than I should be and my exercise went downhill with all the commitments. I had to let go because I have to balance seeing people I normally don't see who come to visit versus going to the gym and missing out on that. So, I tried to find some balance. Still trying to do it. Things calm down in the next week or so!

Good. Got my period right on schedule.

Getting back on the food/exercise horse. I also have a ride coming up that's 62 miles and I need to get ready for it. We only have six weeks left and I haven't broken 40 miles yet.

So, I'll be focusing on that and working on my thesis.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Who's here this month?
me
How are you?
im ok abit stressed with uni

last month was ok i had my laparoscopy and the said they wre happy not to see me again but then i had a follow up appointment through so got to go see them this month i want to ask about the cyst they found before on the scan as they did not mention them after the op. I also had my thyroid meds reduced as i was on to much im struggling with the diet atm i put on 6lbs over xmas

still tricycling on the pill but going to see if i need to be on it now they havent found that i have endermitriosis.

getting back on the diet and shifting some pounds xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Nice to see people here!

We're still winding down the holidays with some family birthdays. tried my best to keep it sane at the party today. Got my kid's bday next and there -- the long holiday season is over.

I've got endoc labs on Monday and then follow up later in the month.

A.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:48 AM   #8  

Hello I am new..well technically...have not been here in a few years. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and thinking of joining WW so just looking for some support. Hope you are all are having a Happy and Blessed New Year... Oh P.S. I just got engaged and getting married in April 2012!! Yay!

Last edited by nikleej; 01-08-2012 at 02:50 AM.
nikleej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Who's here this month?

Me! I made it two months in a row, so yay for that

How are you?

Stressed, but good.

Good, miraculously. I had one day of not eating on my diet plan, but I've been on track the rest of the time. It helps being far away from friends and family...no parties to go to!

Almost through my first month of orthotrycyclen lo. Had some issues in the beginning but it seems they're leveling out. Started spotting a few days early, so I might actually have a period (first one in months!)

C25k program. Almost finished week one....have I mentioned I suck at running??
Buutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #10  
Newmeb440

Height: 5'6 1/2

•Who's here this month?
Hello Im Grace, pretty new. New to this thread..
• How are you?I am good have about 50 pounds to lose over all
• How was last month and all the holidaying?i gained 3 pounds.. and on the road to losing them
• How's your PCOS management going? i hate it. i hate pcos lol.
• What are you working on this month?
running 3-5 miles a week, cutting back on carbs, and staying positive.
LOSINITWITHGRACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #11  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

Who's here this month?

Well, I'm around.

How are you?

I'm better than I have been. Starting college in a couple of weeks. Nervous since I've never been, but I'm excited.

It could have been better, but it definitely could have been worse!

Not well at all at this very moment. I had been taking my metformin again, but I stopped.. again. I still haven't made my endo appointment, but I should probably get on that. Haven't had a period in about a year (I think).

Trying (again) to get myself into a routine and actually stick to it and lose some of this weight!
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 275/186/140

Who's here this month?
Still here !

How are you?
Headachey! However, I've been doing excellent this new year with low GI lifestyle shift. My cravings are gone. Still on metformin since September. Haven't lost much since I last posted in mid November sometime. I lost my job late October and have had major issues finding a new one so I've been incredibly depressed and just eating and doing whatever. Only recently I've regained the will and want to lose weight and find health. So about a month or so off track. I gained no weight during my bad behavior/depression month.

I was pretty good at other peoples houses on holiday days, I have issues with eating in front of others. I don't eat much and eat very controlled so I would eat real healthy. However cookie fiesta at home didn't help. It's all gone now though.

Still on metformin. Getting my low GI back on track and am starting exercising more again.

Low GI, learning recipes, finding more supportive sites for low GI diets. Working on emotional changes constantly. Hoping I find a job. =(
Firesoulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Welcome everyone!

I love the start of a new year because you can start fresh, let the worries from last year behind, and focus on what you really want to get done.

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm doing great. The family events/outings/excuses are all rapidly slowing down. I'm back on eating healthy and on plan and exercising my little butt off.

I'm feeling better already.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #14  
Hopeless Romantic

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Nice to see so many new faces!!!

I'm back after a month of what seems like ****!!! the kids have been sick so I haven't had time to exercise so I have gained a few lbs. I started fresh since the new year and lost 3lbs. I'm really hoping to be below 150 soon!!! I have been stuck in the 50's for like 2 months

Happy New Year everyone!!!!
dys24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #15  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to pop in for a quick check in. I had my endoc lab today and I see the endoc in 2 weeks. I'm keeping up with the food log and either maintaining or small loss. So that part is ok.

Exercise is on hold -- my IT band probs started up again along the outer part of my thigh. Made massage appt to work that out. It hurts and I'm taking tylenol but I know a session with the therapist will hurt like heck but then feel a whole lot better. (It's an old injury, doc says there's nothing to do about it other than it will flare up now and then).

A.