PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I'm sorry you're still sick! I hope you start feeling better soon.

I'm down to 174.6 as of this morning. Let's see if I can take this one pound of water weight off (I hope it's water weight!).
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #32  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Doing much better! Just the last niggling cough, but I can tell it's almost over.
Now I'm trying to just get through family gatherings in a sane way.

Maintaining still, which is good!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 184/184/120

Hi, I am new to the site, but was so happy to see this support thread. I was diagnosed with PCOS 10 years or so ago and hope to learn anything I can from you and share anything I can to help you too. I also have a chronic DVT and recently, depression issues. So long story short I am trying to change my eating habits and lifestyle as a whole in order to embrace myself and journey onto a better me with a healthier "face".

Hoping this online support community can help me with my journey.

Thanks for reading this post.
Journey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #34  

Welcome to the board, Journey!

Update on my holidays... I've been doing kind of okay. I was back down to 172.8 yesterday, up slightly again today. Yes, I weigh myself daily, it's the only way to stay accountable for me!

I've had these large lunch-time meals which have kept me full through the afternoon and dinner. I've had a small snack for dinner.

This is so weird because I could never do this in the past! Between the blood sugar fluctuations and just habitual eating and the bad habit of eating when it's time, rather than when I'm hungry... wow, what a difference!!!!

I've also noticed if I don't exercise regularly I get cranky and depressed.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:05 AM   #35  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Journey78 to the thread!

Rana: Great discoveries!

Me: Still coughing. But well enough to get about so it was nice to spend the day with DH and kid goofing off. Still maintaining within 5 lbs.

Still way late with non-BCP period. Saw doc for Provera prescription. CD 57 is more than long enough waiting for it to come on its own. I feel too weird and bloaty to wait any more, so back to BCP I go.

A.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:39 AM   #36  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Hope everyone is having fun, regardless of which holiday you observe!

We're a Yule/Christmas blend so both seasons have kicked off and now I can relax because new year's is low key for us and not as challenging with social eating.

I feel like I need to detox but... Yay! Maintained within 5 lbs. Reset signature. Tomorrow I'm cleaning out the kitchen and getting rid of this holiday food and go get fresh groceries.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 12-26-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #37  

I'm back on the wagon today although I'm feeling that familiar itch in the back of my throat when I start getting sick. The boyfriend has been fighting a bad cold and ear infection all weekend long and I'm desperately trying not to get it myself.

I'm going to take some Airborne now, if I have it. I don't know if it works, but it's something I can take.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:50 PM   #38  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Still sick. Still in holiday mode and you know what? I feel like I'm sooo done. I want to detox, and want to get life back to normal. There is such thing as too much vacation!

A.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 260/260/160

Height: 5'9"

Default New to 3FC and this thread - any words of wisdom?

Who's here this month?

Me! I am new to this site and to this thread. I was not told that I had PCOS until 2000 and until recently hadn't taken a lot of time figuring out what that all should mean to me. At the time it was the sole answer to why I was not having the baby I wanted. In 2002, a fertility treatment worked and I was pregnant with quads. Seven years later, I have 3 healthy boys and 1 little girl watching us all from heaven. SO....now I am figuring out the rest of PCOS. The fact that I lost 40lbs in just over six months with some great exercise and then hurt my knee and gained it all back....plus an extra 11 for good measure in no time flat.

How are you?

Busy, stressed and wanting something better for myself.

What are you working on?
Finding that "life change" I keep telling myself I will. 2011 has to be the year to transform myself into what I need to be happy, health and fit. I fear that if I keep going I will not be there in the long term for my kids.

How was last month? How's your PCOS management going?
Better than today. I can't even recall trying to manage my PCOS outside of taking Metformin.....and it has been a long time since I have taken that as perscribed. I bet it has been well over a year since I have had a single cycle...

I am really looking forward to absorbing strength from everyone on here as I find the path I was meant to be on.
15star35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #40  

Still maintaining... no exercise. Classes have been canceled and without the structure, I don't know what to do with myself!!!!!!

I won't reach 170 by New Year's day, which is how I wanted to start 2011. I was at 173.6 this morning. Bleh.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #41  

Default A lil help please

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site as of 20 min ago. I was just wondering where i get the tracker that everyone has for their weight? To answer questions do I just copy someones and replace with mine?
Maria
mariacarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:18 PM   #42  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

I was just wondering where i get the tracker that everyone has for their
weight?

Look in upper left corner once you are logged in to the forum area for "USER CP" to get to the control panel.

Then move down to "Edit signature" and there are directions there.

Yes, you can copy & paste if you like. Saves typing.

The January 2011 Support thread is here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ml#post3626399

Come on over!
A.

To answer questions do I just copy someones and replace with mine?

Last edited by astrophe; 12-31-2010 at 10:20 PM.