PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Congrats, astrophe!!!

I'm down a pound today, which seems incredible. I'm at 173.2 and I hope to stick here. I've been eating high fiber this week in the hopes that might help, sticking to my exercise, and counting my calories. I've been eating just over 1500-1550 range, which means I need to get back under 1500.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #17  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I would like to announce that I was VERY hungry today and though I thought about it and was severely tempted,
  • I did NOT stop at a coffee shop for lunch
  • I did NOT stop at a greek place for lunch
  • I did NOT stop at Panera for Lunch
  • I did NOT stop at a sub place for lunch

I went home, and while I did not eat the planned BistroMD meatloaf meal (400ish cal) I did eat the BistroMD lasagna meal (400 ish cal).

Hooray for being mostly on track. That was the hardest drive home in a while!

Ugh.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 12-10-2010 at 01:13 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #18  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

Way to go, Astrophe.

I need to come around here more often. I am having a very difficult time getting myself back on track. I only managed to exercise one day this month so far. It's so weird, though, 'cause I'm down 3 pounds after pigging out on Turkey Day leftovers and not exercising.

I took Provera last month and got my period, but I got a semi period this month, too. It was very light, only needed to wear a pantyliner for a few days. I'm not sure if it's from the Provera last month, or from losing 15 pounds. I feel a little awkward putting this out there, but I'm curious to know if intercourse can bring on a period?
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #19  

YAY for astrophe!

t0rn, I've had sex and my period will start, but it's not the sex that caused it to start, if that makes sense. It's like the sex facilitates the period to come down.

Our periods are essentially uterine lining that's not getting used for an implanted egg and the body doesn't have use for it. Our cycles theoretically cause the lining to grow and then shed when it's clear we don't need it. The PCOS makes that a little trickier. The Provera and the weight loss could have caused enough of an impact in your cycle that you're getting spotting now. Maybe you'll get natural period this month!
Old 12-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #20  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Did I mention Mcd's? Wendy's? Chinese? Starbucks? Pizza? It is crazy how much I have to drive past to go home! LOL.

Thanks though -- it really was hard to resist earlier today.

Quote:
I feel a little awkward putting this out there, but I'm curious to know if intercourse can bring on a period?
Yup. Had this happen to me too -- sex helping to bring on a period I knew was coming, but was taking it's sweet time to arrive. Teas can help too, but with the sex... Probably some Oxytocin and/or uterine contraction action there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uterine_contraction

Last edited by astrophe; 12-10-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:52 PM   #21  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Bday party today -- and I did well there actually. Only had 3 small cookies and drank water.

But what I THOUGHT was a healthy lunch was a fat bomb now that I'm logging it into fitday. I was trying to do the thing where you eat before the party so the party food doesn't mess you up too badly.

On the bright side, I did exercise, I did try to keep it controlled, it's only +400 calories for today, and one day isn't going to kill my average. Just have to get back on track ASAP.

But oy! Eating out can be so tricky!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 12-12-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #22  

That's the right attitude, astrophe!

I'm headed over to a big family thing this afternoon and my food is going to be predetermined by my cousins. They have all noticed that I've lost weight so I'm hoping they'll understand when my portions are significantly less.

I'm traveling this week and I'm worried about travel and food. I'm preparing myself to eat a lot of salad and soups. It's the only way I can maintain.

I'm down to 173 lbs this morning. I've been seeing 173.2 for the previous two days so I think I might actually be at 173 (not a fluke weight).
Old 12-13-2010, 12:22 AM   #23  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Right there with you -- those holiday/travel food concerns. It's like picking your way through landmines.

Today I had a concert. Lots of fun! Ate nothing at the stadium, but we dined out again before hand. I see I need to just sit down, plot every restaurant we eat at, and note the "safe" choices there.

Better than yesterday though -- +250 rather than more.

I have to navigate a few more party/holiday type things over the next few weekends but I'm taking it one step at a time. If I can walk away at New Year's maintained within 5 lbs I'll call it excellent!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 12-13-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:55 AM   #24  
Naturally Curvy

S/C/G: 264/259.9/164

Height: 5'6"

I actually have a social life this Christmas season and I finally understand why people trying to lose weight stress about the holiday season! Eesh. I've done pretty well so far (thank goodness for healthy choices being available), but I still have meals to get through. Eeek. Now I just want to not have gained this month.
JMSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #25  

I'm traveling. I'm eating a lot of salads. Yikes. It's the only way! I'm not doing too badly though the bag of M&Ms that I had might think differently.

I'm still counting my calories and I am picking the best options on the menus. I'm also drinking a ton of water so I can flush out the excess sodium so I don't have a heart attack when I weigh myself again when I get home!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 12:07 AM   #26  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

I'm here -- just laying low from being sick. But still food logging! And on track!

A.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #27  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Waiting it out... feeling a little better with the cold thing. My voice is still awful.

One of the drawbacks to this weekends party eating is the high sodium. Net I should (and was) showing a drop. But now I'm all sodium bloaty. Bah.

At least I know it isn't "real" weight gain.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 12-16-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #28  

Back from all my travels and craziness. I'm up on the scale, of course, but I don't know yet if it's permanent weight gain or simply water retention. The next few days will tell me what it falls under. I'm about 2 or 3 lbs higher than I was when I left.

Oh well. I had been doing well while I was traveling (I was incredibly proud of myself) and it's the last couple of nights at home that have been harder. I have eaten too many calories in too many restaurants.

But I'm back on the saddle today. I'm back to restricting my calories. Back to exercising.

I have been taking my supplements this entire time so that's another positive thing too!
Old 12-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #29  

Astrophe, I hope you're feeling better.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:12 AM   #30  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

I'm here... just congested and still coughing. So laying low, drinking lots of fluids, etc.

A.