PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #16  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

No time to read yet -- but wanted to give you all a hug hello!

All these "end of year" kiddie activities at the school have me tied up but I'll be back later!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #17  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks so much Sassy! Its so true about money. People don't realize how much money it takes to go through all these procedures...that's why we are going on break for a couple of months. Need to recoup financially, and I want to focus on losing weight some more.
I had a 2nd IUI today. One of my eggs had released. So I'm hoping the timing was right. The other egg was still in there, but my dr thought it might still come out. So he did another iui just with less fluid and nearer my cervix so if the other egg was trying to implant it wouldn't get pushed around. Now comes the dreaded 2 week wait. *sigh* at least I don't have to go back to the dr's for awhile. I just wish I could be confident that this will work...its all such a gamble...
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #18  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Good Afternoon Cysters!

Its a colder, windier day here in OH! Not too cold, its about 60 but the with the wind kicked up it feels like the 50's. But kinda a nice change from being so hot I guess.

Well I did my W.A.T.P today, 1 mile. I think the 1 day of rest (yesterday) helped TREMENDOUSLY not that I slacked off and did nothing, I cleaned ALL day yesterday in preparation of my inlaws coming over last night and our friend coming over tonight.

But I do want to find a really good UPPER body workout. But ONLY upper body to do on the days I'm not doing the W.A.T.P. To give my legs a rest. If you all have any suggestions, please let me know!

Astrophe -- Hi Girlie! Bye Girlie! I hope you can come by when you have more time!!! I can't believe its the end of the school year already! Not that it matters to me, I have no kids but just seems like time has flown by! You got any plans this summer? Mine is to just GET FIT and HEALTHY!

Pink -- AWWW Thats so awesome that your egg released!!! I hope the other does as well! LOTS OF +++++++++++ THOUGHTS for you my friend! Yes infertility is SO ungodly expensive. My visit to my RE a few weeks ago, was $400 and all he did was talk to us and give me a pelvic ultrasound & drew blood. I guess that is probably a bargin though compared to what you've gone through. But our next step is the Femara, dunno how expensive that is but don't think our insurance covers it. Then there is another drug he wants to try after that one, I think it also starts with an F then he said Artificial Insemination I think. Which my husbands insurance does cover some of it, TG. But yes people who can have kids naturally should thank God or whoever they pray too everyday because they have no idea how expensive it is and what it puts you through emotionally and physically even for us. Not that I'm complaining. I know we were chosen for a reason to have this disease, although I admit on some days I honestly question it!! lol.

Anywho enough of my blabbering on. I wish you all well, Where is NICO??? Hello NICO come out and say HI to us at least, if you can! I hope all is well!!!

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #19  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

So, I'm kinda at a cross roads. My RE wants me to come in sometime in June for ultrasounds and an internal check to make sure all my parts are working right. On one hand, I'm all for it. We are at about 10 months with no successful pregnancy. On the other hand..... it has only been 10 months and we weren't charting temps or timing the BD. So, I'd hate to spend all that money on nothing. To add in the mix, she is 5 hours, one direction away from us. Quite a trip. But, my mind keeps going back to what if there is a real problem? I'd be wasting precious time. Thought?
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #20  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

That's a hard one...I would say if there are no indicators something is wrong, like a missing period for several month, maybe give it a few more months and try OPK's and/or BBT? Its so hard to make decisions when you can't see the outcome...
Old 05-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #21  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Heeeeey!!! I'm here :-) lol sorry. I've been reading but haven't had a moment to sit down and post.

First I would love to wish all the mommys a Happy Mothers Day & all the ladies that will be moms some day - I hope all goes well & that you are moms soon

I have been going to the gym. Tried a step class & was totally lost. OMG! It was hilarious. I don't know if I will ever get it cause I'm not one that learns well by watching. I have to have someone show me and then I do it. But that won't happen in this class *sigh* I am
looking for a place to do kickboxing. I want to pay per class & not be locked onto something monthly. So that has been going on.

Sassy!!! How are things going for you??? How is everyone else doing???

I'm day 8 & still no soda. I was bad & had pizza but surprisngly I haven't had junk food in soooooooooo long. So I thought I would treat myself. But still no soda had water. Alright I will be back later.

Have a wonderful Saturday
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #22  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Me again. I'll catch up from when I last posted. First the greetings!

PinkHoodie: GL with all those procedures! Hope TTC goes well for you!

Sassy_Chick: I think I'm still good with Kim Lyons. I've watched others and tried others but I'm happy with her for now.
Summer? Family reunion, spend time with my kid. That's about it. The school year is so planned that I want to just goof off in summer.

HeatherMcG: I would do it. I'd also chart and try to time sex for O time. I know charting as a PCOS person can be hard, but do your best. I did it with TCOYF and conceived on a 60 day cycle. But when I was TTC, I was trying to do all possible to stack the odds in my favor.

Nicoyaangel: WTG with shaking up the workout scene and the no soda!

Here's me:

I've been fine. Just busy. Kid had her field day, art and science fair, leading up to end of year parties/awards and whatnot... so the school schedule is making me a bit bonkers.

It's just about the same with church and the end of Sunday school year, party, etc. I'm trying to wind down my volunteer work too so it's all been the frenzy before the calm.

So I switched to "maintain" rather than "lose." I'm still pleased with the first 10 lb gone.

Now that things are winding down, I'm ready to go for another 10 lb in 10 weeks.

I moved my endoc appt over to July because I misplaced lab papers. The labs are needed 2 weeks before the appt at minimum so they will be back in time for endoc to review at appt with you. So I screwed that up, and I had to ask for new lab papers and move the appt over to first available.

So I'm tidying the kitchen and mapping out my plan for the week to get back into the groove.

Just to have posted for my own accountability... here it is.

"
Quote:
I want to lose weight. I'm going to do it by doing 3-4 workouts a week that are 30-45 min long and keeping a food log at my recommended calorie level of 2000 calories (specific) for at least 10 weeks (time), since I see my endoc. then.

Knowing the healthy rate of loss is 0.5 - 2 lbs a week, in 10 weeks, I can reasonably expect a range of -5 lbs to -20 lbs. I would like to fit somewhere in that range. (measurable, realistic, attainable.)

If I am not somewhere in the range at the end of the time, I will reevaluate my workouts, food log with endoc. and expect endoc to help me figure variables in these areas that may have affected results. (realistic).

If I am somewhere in the range, I will call it success and I will make a new plan for the next step."
Wish me luck!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 05-09-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #23  
New BodyBugger!

Well, the verdict is in and I am going to make an appointment. DH feels like even if we go and find out there is nothing wrong, at least we have that part out of the way and can move on to stronger measures if need be. Tonight after a long walk, I discovered a small amount of what EWCM. So, I googled it (don't call me a creeper!) and yes, I think I've gotten it again!

** My question is, can you have EWCM and not be ovulating?
Old 05-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #24  

Height: 5.8

Good morning ladies! Just checkin in and reading up on everyone's weekend updates.

I know its TMI but I have had now had my AF 4 consecutive months and I am so happy. We are getting married in Sept and going to start trying in September so if this AF regularity keeps on we may get lucky and conceive naturally without the drugs they keep telling me most pcos women need. Fingers crossed.

Im on my third day of the LOW GI/diabetic way of eating and Im feeling great except for really low blood pressure and dizzyness. Im thinking it could be just my body coming out of the Ideal Protein mode it had been living in for 9 weeks. If it continues Im going to make an appt with the DR.

Have a great day everyone!
sassykimann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #25  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherMcG View Post
** My question is, can you have EWCM and not be ovulating?
The answer is sadly, YES. You can get EWCM, a positive OPK and not Ovulate. I had that happen the first cycle after my Laporoscopy surgery in January. I was waiting to get a + OPK, and have a regular period, and I got EWCM, a surge detected by the OPK and even felt what I thought were O pains. But no O...That's why PCOS is such a frustrating disease. Your body just does such weird things, and the regular rules don't apply to you. I have only known I have O'd this cycle by ultrasound. Its the first cycle since we have been trying where I know I Ovulated.
I wish you so much luck. I think its good just to get an idea of what is going on, even if you aren't to the point yet of wanting to try all the meds and everything.
AFM- Nothing really new to report here. Still sitting at 227. I could just chuck the scale out the window!!! But I'm not going to give up. I had some sugar this weekend, but I allowed it since we hadn't had anything off plan for almost 4 weeks! So we have decided once a month we can have a treat. So, June's treat will be eating at the Melting Pot for my Birthday. Have a great Monday!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #26  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

HeatherMcG: Yup. But give it a whirl anyway. Over time you will learn your chart's quirks. I used to have at least 2 fakeouts before the real deal with my 60 day cycle but we managed to conceive anyway. All I was on at the time was Metformin. I hadn't moved on to Clomid.

sassykimann 4 cycles is awesome! I'm finishing my 3rd since going back on BCP. I feel much better -- the first were rough. It's like my hormones are more stable and I don't feel so extreme.

PinkHoodie: I haven't been to fondue in ages! I bet you will have a blast!

I didn't sleep well last night and I'm avoiding going out to do errands. I'll have to hit it after school. I need to sleep. Just weird dreams.

A.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #27  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hey Cysters!

Wow you all have been chatty! Thats Great!

Well I'm kinda bummed today. I WI and gained 3 pounds. I know that isn't a huge gain esp since I lost 8 pounds last week, which probably was mostly water weight......But still a gain is a gain and I hate gaining! I totally broke down into tears after and refused to eat breakfast even. (sounds like a toddler now doesn't it? lol) Finally DH talked to me and made me realize that I have still lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks and am eating right + exercising and my blood sugars are normal. I just gotta work harder. I think I'm also more emotional due to I've been on Prometrium for about a week now to induce my AF so I think it is making me extra emotional as well.

HeatherMcG -- I agree with everybody else here. GL with your appt.!

Nico -- There u are! lol. Kickboxing I would love to take a class but think I'd make a complete and total butt of myself! HA! I do think I need to find something else to do besides treadmill and W.A.T.P. I think I'm bored. But I can't do those dvds that have you moving all over the place as I've tried and almost have a heart attack! lol. I think the 3FC's need to do a workout DVD or maybe several. U know BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED/FITNESS GURU lol.

SassyK -- Love your pic girl! WTG on the 4 consecutive cycles! I know what a big deal that is for us Cysters! I had one for about 6 months and then POOF gone! lol. Gotta love PCOS, eh? lol. September is an EXCELLENT month to get married, as that the month my DH and I got married! (will be 12 yrs this year!) I wish you all the luck in the world!

Pink -- Your so right on about this disease doing weird things to your body! I don't think I will ever understand it and I've known I've had it for about 10 years or so! Of course back then they were like PCOS WHAT??? lol. I'm getting ready to read my RE's book as I just finished the 3FC's book. OMG I've NEVER had fondue! I hope you have a blast on your bday! When is it? (if I may ask?)

Astrophe -- Sorry you didn't get sleep well. Hopefully you can sleep well tonight.

Well girls I need to go walk or do something gotta get rid of those 3 extra pounds+! lol.

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #28  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

My birthday is in June I'm having a crappy day today...I just am so discouraged that I have been eating well for 95% of the time, and I'm STILL not losing...why?? If its because of the PCOS, I just feel like giving up! :P
Old 05-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #29  
New BodyBugger!

Well, rats. I thought that my on time AF and EWCM every month was for sure a sign for the good. I am more confident than ever that I want this appointment. I am so glad that I have you girls to talk to! No one understands like when you are fighting the same war.

Have any of you girls had full term pregnancies that would care to share their experiences?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #30  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

Yeah it seriously sucks. You can even have AF every month, but have annovulatory cycles...common in PCOS too. This disease is just so hard to battle. I am starting to wonder if I will ever be able to fight it. :P