PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 316/see tracker/175

Default Case of the Weepies

Help! I have been living with PCOS for the last 8 years. In that time I have been on 5 different birth control meds for the painful periods (cysts bursting) and the out of control feelings during TOM.

The medication has seemed to help with the nausea, pain, and passing out from periods and until this last month, the emotional side has been been under control.

However this month (pre period week to be exact), I have a bad case of the weepies. I'm not down but am just emotional. When I laugh or get excited, I cry. When I'm frustrated or mad, I cry. When I can't find two matching socks--I cry! It's ridiculous. I feel like my emotions are right at the edge of my eyelids just ready to spill out.

Should I go back to my doctor and switch meds again? I have been on the current one since Aug and have had no problems until this month. Or should I wait another month or two and see if it happens again? Maybe it is just work stress that is coming out in other ways? I think because I have been living with PCOS for so long, I am hyper-aware of emotional and physical changes.

Any suggestions or ideas?
LaughingGirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Boy, I know those weepies well! It is like every emotion is out on the surface and I feel extra raw and tender.

What are you on?

For me it doesn't much seem to matter what I'm on. I just sometimes get the weepies around TOM. I haven't figured out why sometimes this happens and other times it does not, but I suspected my thyroid meds not my BCP.

I got REALLY emotional one summer and I took it out on DH and I saw the endoc and it turned out my thyroid meds needed increasing. Then I felt better and not so... on edge.

HTH!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I'm not sure after one cycle I'd change what has been working but I definitely watch things.

For me bcp never really helped but when I started metformin & really focussed on exercise I had the most improvement in my moods.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #4  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 200/198/145

Height: 5'4

Same. I've been on Metformin since Sept. I don't have Diabetes but I do have PCOS/ weight loss up and down and I've had semi normal periods/cycles up until March. Spotting all month and literally EVERYTHING makes me cry! I can't take much more of this...

Last edited by trafficjambooty; 04-06-2010 at 02:16 PM.
trafficjambooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:16 PM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Well, here we go! "Weepies" time!

I'm on the last week of BCP pills -- the ones that are inert. I have bloat, breast tenderness, moodiness, urge to sleep lots, chocolate cravings. I feel blue, depressed, and weepies are hitting.

All I have to say is yarrrrgh... c'mon period! Let's go so I can get past this!

(And I've accidently skipped a few days of thyroid meds... so I'm going to try to track it better next month to see how it is.)

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote