PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 300/290/200

Height: 5'7"

Sock- Unemployment SUCKS doesn't it!!!
I was a middle school history teacher here in Los Angeles, until budget cuts led to the lay off of 8 THOUSAND teachers! (including myself!).

In addition to a teaching credential and over 10 years experiance in the classroom, I have TWO Master's Degrees and in the process of my third (Education and History, currently working on Library/Information Science).

EVERYWHERE I go I get the same thing... there is no need for History teachers, or historians, or Archivists (which I am also certified to do) and why do you want to work here???
Basically I am overqualified for EVERYTHING which SUCKS!
chikygrl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #17  

Height: 6"1"

chikygrl13 _ I know what you mean. It's hard trying to get a job when you are overqualified. Its sad when I used to be making $60,000+ and now I'm applying to be a manager at Bed Bath and Beyond. If the stupid GOP will just let a health care bill pass, it would be a huge relief. I could start a business (actually I am hoping to get something going soon). But I'd still have the problem of no or very highly priced health coverage.

My back pain has become so bad that I was considering going to Mexico for an MRI. $99 clinic on the border. I also want to get a dental implant there. Everything is so cheap.

Anyway, I try to stay away from Facebook. But its like a traffic accident. No matter how bad it is, you still have to look at it. 2 more casualties today. Barf.
Sockerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #18  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Chikygrl - I live in the bay area & all I have to say is our Gov. Sucks ***!!!! (Excuse my language LOL) But he does. I wish California was the way it used to be. The state everyone had to come visit. Now it's the one everyone wants to move out of because it's so damn expensive. Ugh!

Oh ... Oh does myspace count? I have one on there too. 2 of them already gave birth. Yea I have a myspace only because one of my good friends that moved away refuses to get a facebook and we aren't the type to call one another haha. But I love her to death.

Last edited by Nicoyaangel; 02-25-2010 at 12:32 AM.
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:08 AM   #19  

What really gets me is people my age that get pregnant and say they don't want the baby. Your old enough to know better. Contraception is not rocket science.

When my cousin was pregnant with her son (my godson), she claims she didn't know she was pregnant until she went to the ER with abdominal pains. Turned out to be 5 months pregnant. When she was about 8 months pregnant, her and her boyfriend were fighting a lot. She used to call me and say, I don't even want this baby anymore. The baby is 4 months old and they have him in his swing all day. They feed him and change him and its back in the swing. Don't get me wrong, they love him and play with him on occasion. But they don't want to hold him to much so he doesn't get spoiled. I get so mad that I just want to shake them. They don't know how blessed they are to have 2 healthy kids and they take it for granted.

Then this is the worst thing I heard in awhile. I was talking to someone I used to go to school with. She had her first kid when she was 16 and another one a few years later. I asked her if she wanted anymore. She said she would have had 9 kids, but she had 7 abortions. Not miscarriages. Abortions. I don't even know what to say about that.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:36 AM   #20  
HE'S my motivation!

My step moms niece pissed me off when she found out she was pregnant. She was freaking out and through out her pregnancy she was telling people that she was just going to give it to the dad and have visitation rights. Honestly, I think it was for attention which I think is the worst way to get attention.

The baby is now a year old and she is living with him (not sure if she is really happy and after all that I refuse to care) and she thinks she should win mother of the year. Found out earlier this year that she was not feeding her baby correctly. Her entire (Yes ENTIRE) family is obese except for her. She got thin by starving herself. Because her half sisters daughter is 9 and already 150lbs she does not want to feed her one year old like she is supposed to because she does not want her to get fat. The dad said he wakes up in the middle of the night and feeds the kid more. (Pathetic).

I'm very pissed about that. I can never look at her the same again. I have known her my entire life. If he had the same mentality as her I would have called CPS by now but because he loves his daughter and actually feeds her and treats her right I don't. She loves her too but sometimes I dont think she does.

People like her make me sick. How I would love to pee on a stick and find out I'm pregnant without even trying or getting help from some pill. I wish my body wasn't a birth control in itself. I guess in highschool it was a good thing because I was careless with my boyfriends but I'm going to be 27 years old this year. I'd love to be a mom. I'd love to worry about day cares and diapers and how to put a crib together. I'd love to be able to buy baby clothes and toys. Throw me a baby shower dammit.

I am very against abortions unless it's for a good reason such as rape. So when I was in the room watching my little sister get an abortion you could just imagine the look on my face and the thoughts going through my head. I wanted to cry but I had to be strong for her. I can't wait to finally be a nurse practitioner & help women with this crappy disease. I'd love if they had a cure but for now I guess we have to deal with this crap.

Last edited by Nicoyaangel; 02-25-2010 at 03:45 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:09 PM   #21  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Oh, please let me chime in! I know a girl who got pregnant at 15, claimed it was rape (technically, she wasn't old enough to consent however... she knew EXACTLY what she was doing and was proud of it), the guy (18) goes to prison and then she has the baby. They live in filth, on government assistance, and with no education. Now, she has just welcomed baby number 2. She wants to keep having them to keep her state check coming. Great reason to have kids isn't?

Puh-lease.... I will never understand why somethings happen.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #22  
HE'S my motivation!

OMG!! That's crazy!! I have heard of girls/women that do that. Have kids just for the money. Stupid people! I have a friend who I think is trying to get pregnant just to trap a man. When I confronted her about it she didn't have a word to say. My steps mom niece, her & I grew up together. She is the kind of girl that will take any man as long as it means she does not have to be alone. Well she also copies people & now she is trying to get pregnant because she thinks she does not have to work and she can be at home doing nothing. She does that now & gets unemployment. Lies about looking for a job. It's ridiculous. But trying to get pregnant to trap a man is stupid. I told her what if he leaves? Her mom is super religious!! Have you seen the movie Carrie? Yeap that's her mom. And no I'm not exaggerating. All her mom talks about is God. That's ALL! So she knows that if she were to get pregnant without being married she gets kicked out. Where is she gonna go? She can't come stay with me. She has involved herself with a bunch of gang members. I'm not having that crap at my house. She is almost 27 but has the mentality of a 16 year old. She needs someone to tell her what to do & she will do it. She needs people to think for her. It's really sad. She has $300 in savings, spent it ALL on her ex and he was cheating on her the entire time. I told her he's bad news but she didn't listen. I love her cause I have known her since we were 5 but I'm NOT going to help someone that will not help themselves. She doesn't pay rent, she doesn't pay for her new car. Her mom had to give up their 2 bedroom house and rent a room just so she can afford to pay for the car. And how does she repay her mom? But turning into a gang member and cussing her out. Ya! I had to vent about it. Thanks LOL

Last edited by Nicoyaangel; 02-25-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:50 AM   #23  

I got Facebooked again. I really have to stop going on it. 2 more pregnancy announcements. Also found out that my cousin's wife is having a girl. She was on about 10 different medications that she had to get off of before she could even attempt to get pregnant. She was on some major stuff for her manic depressive disorder, seizure disorder and chronic pain from her neck. She got to the point where she was snorting her extended release pain meds for the high. I hope to God for that baby's sake that she will not go back to that after she has the kid.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:57 AM   #24  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

Sockerton, we have a lot in common. I also suspect that I have PCOS but have never been diagnosed because I don't have insurance. I also want to have kids but am not sure that I will be able to and all of my old friends on Facebook just keep having kids and it breaks my heart. I am 26 and married so it's on my mind more every day... I have so much love to give kids but I may never have the chance.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #25  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I remember feeling the anger, grief, etc. when I first got my PCOS dx.

I know it's hard. But give yourself the space you need to work your way through it.

hugs,
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #26  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Hi, I don't have PCOS, but I'm also 29, single, and hating it. And yes, so many people I know on Fb are together, engaged, married, pregnant, parents...and it gets me down.

I don't really know what to say! I hope it will happen for both of us.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #27  
HE'S my motivation!

Salsa Chip - I LOVE your it's now or never motto. Can I borrow that? LOL I really like that idea of weighing in once a month. Hmmmm ... LOL. I hope it happens for you soon. I hope it happens for all of us soon. And none of that planned stuff. I want to be surprised
Old 03-22-2010, 08:29 AM   #28  
chubby punk

S/C/G: tick..tick...boom

Height: 5'5"

I just wanted to say that I understand how rough it can be to have PCOS and know the fertility issues that come with it and see everyone around you getting pregnant BUT peoples lives are rarely as easy as they might seem on Facebook as an observer. People generally post news and positive things online and rarely share their personal pains and problems - so although someone you know might be pregnant you really have no idea what else is going on in their lives that make it less than ideal and you dont do yourself any favours by comparing yourself to others, especially in such a small area as fertility. Yes, sometimes people get pregnant when it seems like they dont deserve it or understand what a blessing it would be for some - but thats not for us to judge. I am not comfortable with an abortion debate on these boards, we should all understand that what a woman does with her body is her choice.

Finally, I wanted to add that having PCOS does NOT mean you can never have children. These boards are filled with success stories and there are many more online. Modern medicine and complementary medicine can be a great help when trying to fall pregnant - and it looks like this will all be more affordable soon! I am not philosopher but if you believe you have a negative future you probably will have one! You are in charge of your destiny, so stop worrying and just work with the things you have control over and have faith that the universe will send you what you need when you are ready for it! Good luck. x
LaurenBelle is offline   Reply With Quote