PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Default PCOS December WL Support

Hello and Welcome All to the PCOS WL Support December 2009 Thread!

. .

This thread is about PCOS and Weight Loss Support. If you have PCOS, or think you might, or know anybody that might have it, or your just curious or you just think we are totally awesome, so you just wanna chat with us, please join us!

Losing weight with PCOS is like trying to rollerskate up an icy hill. With all the wonderful lovely side effects, extra facial and body hair, skin tags, dark skin patches, weight gain, etc, etc, etc........

Everybody is whether you are trying to conceive or not!

Some come on in, get a cupa whatever and join us in a chat.

JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #2  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Geez! That's how cloudy my head is. I didn't even realize I was still posting in Novembers thread. I really need a vacation LOL

Thank you JB for starting it.

Still sick here & feeling horrible. I'm going to try & hit the gym after work. I hope it's not packed with people.

Hope you are all having a good day :-)
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #3  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hi
Hope you all dont mind me jumping in...
I need some support.. 2010 is almost here. I did really well this year in weight loss.. almost down 40.. but I have to work out almost every day to lose.. gained 6 back from thanksgiving.. trying to lose them and as much more i can between now and new years.. .. then start fresh in 2010.. to lose the rest..
I hope i can find support here!
Thanks!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #4  

Nicoya - Hope you feel better soon . I was sick all last week, terrible cold, was hardly able to breath (excuse for falling off plan )

fridayangel - welcome to 3FC & to the PCOS thread. We're all here to support each other. It's especially hard for us ladies with pcos to get that weight off but congrats on the 40 lbs! that's amazing!

So yeah, I fell off the wagon, first week because of my knee injury, second week because of the cold. I'm back up a few lbs because of bad eating and no exercise. Restarting again now, did my 2 hrs of activity today and was on plan for food *yay!*.

Hope everyone is doing ok
Old 12-06-2009, 11:23 PM   #5  
HE'S my motivation!

FridayAngel - Welcome!!!! Like JB said yes we are here to support one another & looking forward to your tips. That is awesome that you lost 40lbs

JB - Glad you are back on track. Thanks I am feeling a lot better after having the weekend to rest. My bff said it was probably because I wasn't getting enough rest so I slept in this weekend & I feel better. I haven't been to the gym since I believe Friday but plan to go back starting tomorrow.

I hope you are all keeping warm in this crazy weather.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Hello all!

I've lost that magic 5% that seems to jump start our bodies, and it is jump starting mine this week. I guess that's a good thing. It's been a while.

I'm apprehensive about the weight coming off because I've tried this so many times. My one month anniversary is approaching and the newness is just starting to wear off, which is good. This is where the real work begins. This is where it becomes a life style change and not just a diet. I'm starting to get into the routine both at work and at home, which is important. Weekends used to be a problem because it was different. My boys are getting old enough to make their own lunches, so I don't have to eat what they do. It's going well.

I don't know....I think this just might work this time.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #7  
HE'S my motivation!

Eliana - How & what do u do on the weekends?! That is my problem. I can do it during the week but the weekends I just give in - kind of like this weekend. I was bad and ate Chinese food. But I plan to go back to the gym today. I am trying to make the gym a Monday - Friday thing if not longer.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #8  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoyaangel View Post
Eliana - How & what do u do on the weekends?! That is my problem. I can do it during the week but the weekends I just give in - kind of like this weekend. I was bad and ate Chinese food. But I plan to go back to the gym today. I am trying to make the gym a Monday - Friday thing if not longer.
I am calorie counting, so I just have to have a plan. If I was going out to Chinese, I'd research the restaurant first, and decide ahead what I would have. If I lacked confidence in myself, I'd have my husband order for me so I couldn't succumb to temptation. Sometimes the smell of a restaurant makes me crave things off my plan! If I know my meal out will be high calorie, I eat fewer calories during the day so I end up with 1200 when all is said and done.

On a normal weekend though, my basic plan is:
Breakfast: protein shake (I like Slim Fast)
Snack: apple/yogurt usually (or anything 200 calories)
lunch: lean cuisine (200 cal)
snack: protein bar (200 cal)/tea
dinner: small portions, try to stay close to 200 cal
snack: dessert (200 cal) usually popcorn, which allows me to eat more for dinner because popcorn, even half the bag, is only about 75 cal.

I hope that helps. I just stick to that basic plan which I'm able to do at home. It's hard to watch the kids snack and I get nothing, but other than that I'm ok. I eat every 2.5 hours so I always know the next mini meal is just around the corner.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:07 AM   #9  
HE'S my motivation!

Eliana - Ya I like that meal plan. I had lost 30 lbs long ago and did the eat every 2 hours thing so I am trying to do that again. I gained it all back which was horrible but I am back on plan.

Had an awesome workout today Weighed in and I lost another 3lbs. Down 5lbs from where I originally started. Yahooooo!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:29 AM   #10  

Hello ladies!

A quick check in today. I forgot to mention that I got my 3rd period on Actos this month, yay! 5 days early though. it could be due to all the coughing and sneezing or because I was helping my sis move in and put together some furniture, had to carry a lot of heavy things.
I'm doing quite well so far, resisted the buffet dinner at class yesterday came home and had soup for dinner. This morning got on my treadmill and was able to reach 5.5 mph and walk at that rate for 6 mins out of my 90 min walk. Hope I can keep this pace till end of the week + hoping for a big drop on the scale

Stay warm everyone!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:38 AM   #11  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

HI all.

Sorry been mia. AF has been absent for a couple months now. Negative HPT and Blood tests. But I think my hormones are all wonky. Just feel sad sometimes for no reason at all.

Hope u are all well.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 171

Height: 4'11

Hey ladies! I'm going to jump into this thread this month. I actually had posted a new thread a few days ago in the "dieting with obstacles" but not the PCOS subforum. I'm new to the site but I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 5 years ago and PCOS 3 years ago, I find this site to be so encouraging! It's as if I can relate either just a little or a lot to almost every post. I'm finally back on the band wagon of exercise and diet only 3 days into it but even just the last 3 days of eating right and going to the gym i'm feeling better. My meds need adjusted and I don't see the doctor till monday - but like I said - finally starting to feel a bit better.
fightingthefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:18 AM   #13  
HE'S my motivation!

Sassy - Its ok. As long as you check in once in a while

FightingThefight - Hey welcome!! It's awesome that you are back on board. Keep it up! Can't wait to hear about ur journey along the way.

I am actually heading to the gym in just a moment. I have been there every day this week & shocked. LOL But excited. Chat with you all later - going to go change.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:05 AM   #14  

Hello Ladies!

Sassy - we've missed you, pop in every once in a while

fightingthefight - welcome om board

Nicoya - keep it up! we're almost at the same weight I just noticed :P

I've done my exercise this morning, did a bit of wii fit and realized I haven't stepped on my wii board for 72 days! need to do more wii fit. also did some gardening so was active for almost 5 hrs straight yay - hoping for a big loss tomorrow

s all around!
Old 12-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 236/224/180ish?

Height: 5'10"

Mind if I join?

I've had PCOS for about 4 years now. Lost weight, gained it back. I really want to take off about 35-40 lbs. I know I'll never probably be in my "healthy weight" but I want to be within 10 lbs of it. I'm doing Weight Watchers
ibcnuldu is offline   Reply With Quote