PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #16  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcnuldu View Post
Mind if I join?

I've had PCOS for about 4 years now. Lost weight, gained it back. I really want to take off about 35-40 lbs. I know I'll never probably be in my "healthy weight" but I want to be within 10 lbs of it. I'm doing Weight Watchers
If basic old calorie counting doesn't work, WW is my next step. I've only heard great things about it. Apparently it's worth the cost.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #17  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hiya
Well I went to a chirstmas party that had every comfort food available.. and YES i was good, I had vegetbales and chicken! and i feel better.
I did have some brownies.. we had at home before we left..
but i did very good
Im trying to just hold my weight until the 1st.. then start losing again.
We also want to try to get pregnant again the start of the year..
so trying to keep my weight the same or down!
hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:35 AM   #18  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Hello all!

ibcnuldu - welcome to the group. WW never worked for me but everyone is different, keep us posted on your progress

Eliana - I did CC but it didn't work for me until I started watching my carb intake.

fridayangel - good luck with your goal, its pretty tough to control food at this time of year! I had cookies yesterday but didn't regret them because I worked out extra this morning

I'm doing ok so far, had a loss this week so yay! I want to be below 230s by new years and I just might make it

Keep warm all
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 236/224/180ish?

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
If basic old calorie counting doesn't work, WW is my next step. I've only heard great things about it. Apparently it's worth the cost.
I used Spark People the first time I lost weight to journal all of my calories. It worked really well for me, but I just needed some extra oomph this time and so far it's been smooth sailing. I lost 4 lbs my first week

Congrats Fridayangel! I'm so glad I only had one party to go to and the food wasn't good.

Thanks Jigglybits

Does anyone know why it's harder to lose weight with PCOS? I've never really had a physical problem with losing weight, it was mostly just my mindset working against me. Is it the Insulin Resistance?
ibcnuldu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:38 PM   #20  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcnuldu View Post
Does anyone know why it's harder to lose weight with PCOS? I've never really had a physical problem with losing weight, it was mostly just my mindset working against me. Is it the Insulin Resistance?
It is the insulin resistance, yes. Our bodies do not process sugar correctly. Insulin is supposed to unlock the key to the cells which transport sugars out of our body. Our cells are resistant to the insulin "keys" and therefore do not carry sugar out of our bodies efficiently. So we have extra sugar in our blood streams which gets stored as fat.

'Tis my understanding anyway.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:45 PM   #21  
Each day is a victory!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'2"

Hello all, I haven't posted in quite a long while. All is still going well and I am counting down and dreaming about my cheat day (Christmas). I am more excited about eating potatoes than chocolate I think, (Im doing low carb) I get 50 carbs/day, 20 at a time max...well 20ish So I was about to falter in the checkout line at the grocery store the other day as those candy bars cried out to me, and to my surprise, reeses cups dark chocolate...21 carbs! woo hoo! yes I ate them...with my diet coke of course. I have been quite the slacker on exercise. to be perfectly honest, I can not remember the last time I exercised. tisk tisk. I have the weekend off and have made it a personal challenge to do something on sat and sun. I have off 21.2 lbs now! Also got to buy a pair of 18w jeans, that was nice to be out of those 20ish numbers. Good luck and Merry Christmas to everyone!!
KaCee J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:52 AM   #22  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

JB - I am 234 very very close lol. I have to update that information up there. I am doing the 5lbs challenge. Always had a huge number in mind so breaking it up into 5lbs is such a good idea.

ibcnuldu - I know I'm late but WELCOME!! I am so happy more women are coming in here and posting.

kacee - Glad ur still doing good. Glad you checked in

I was going to go to the gym but I decided to do some laundry instead. I am going in tomorrow for sure. I need to get going on my goal.

Goal: Size 14 by May 21st (My Birthday)

I am still motivated & looking forward to making it

Last edited by Nicoyaangel; 12-15-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:42 AM   #23  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hey ladies!!

Just checking in. I started spotting yesterday. Not sure if this will be a full AF or nor, but it's something!
Are you all ready for the holidays?? I think we are just have to clean the house, it's a wreck. DH and I are both sick, so we didn't get much accomplished.

Hope you all are well!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:50 PM   #24  
WW Moderator

Hi everybody! Sorry I've been so quiet, but 4th quarter retail is a butt kicker!

Has anybody here read PCOShe Hidden Epidemic? (The first major book on PCOS). The author, Dr Thatcher, died last week from Leukemia/chemo related complications. He lived/practiced in my town. It's very sad, he practiced tirelessly for reproductive endocrinology and helped many PCOSers that I know make beautiful babies. He and his wife did not have children of their own.

I guess that wasn't happy news for Christmas Eve, sorry!

2010 will be the year that I get my PCOS completely under control, one way or another. How about you?
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:11 AM   #25  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hi Everybody!

Still spotting, that is about it for me! I hope you all are well!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote