PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:15 PM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default I've been avoiding this area!

Hello all! I've been avoiding the PCOS area. I've been in denial. I was a SoulCyster member (username: Cozumel) back when I was gung ho weight loss. I crashed and burned big time and have hid my head in the sand ever since. But I am back on the wagon, older and wiser (one can hope). And I can't just pretend I don't have PCOS. I have it. My body knows I have it whether I pretend or not.

Last time I took the South Beach route. I liked South Beach. It worked, slowly. Very, very slowly. I lost my patience after 30 lbs and gained it all back, plus some.

This time I'm counting calories. Instead of a scale goal, I've given myself a time goal. I WILL still be doing this one year from now. That's my goal. I will still be trying a year from now. I know it's a lifetime commitment, so maybe I can re-commit on my yearly anniversary or something. But that's it. That's my goal. This time, I will not give up. Regardless!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hello!

How funny I'm totally opposite of you- I started with counting calories and now do southbeach (though I won't lie I've fallen off the bandwagon and am eating more carbs again...).

I even started at the same weight as you- how funny!

Keep it up! I think your time goal is great
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

That's about the third time we've found something in common. Funny. I've "seen" you in a couple areas on the boards.

You must be so excited to be so close to the one hundreds! It will happen!

I liked South Beach. I honestly can't remember why I stopped except to say I hit a plateau. In fact, the only reason I'm not doing South Beach now is because my cousin lost 100 lbs counting calories and I saw her and I wanted to do that too. The most awesome thing about South Beach is that is stops the cravings. I was never hungry. I had a hard time eating enough most of the time! Food became a necessity and not something I craved or even desired. What a great way to live. I can support you on South Beach 100%.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote