Old 10-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #1  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Default We Are Family - Red Team Chat #4

Time to start another one!! Keep up that amazing support Red team!!
Old 10-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #2  
Takin' charge of my life!

Wow, just realized you started the new thread!! We definitely have a great supportive team!! I wish I could do personals more often... Just know that I think of you each daily and do come in to check on everyone!
Old 10-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #3  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Misty - Your pup is so cute. I thought he was a chihuahua. I have a small one also. Thank you for posting your suggestion of a sports bra and thanks to the person that asked! I have been looking for a good one in my size for a long time! I will check it out. I have had the half jumping jacks also - Jumping up and down and holding my chest!

Today we found out a family friend passed away this morning. She was suffering and is now in a better place.

I was off my plan yesterday... and also today. I kind of gave myself permission but will be back at it tomorrow. I hope everyone else is having a nice weekend. I did workout this morning though!!
Old 10-04-2008, 10:20 PM   #4  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naia
Hey everyone :-)

I just wanted to check in, and thank everyone for their thoughts for my grandma. She isn't doing too well -- she's had what they think are bad reactions to the pain medication, but they are also doing an MRI tomorrow in case she's had a stroke. She hasn't been lucid since the surgery. Originally, she was supposed to only be in the hospital until this weekend, but now they won't even give a tentative release date. My parents are flying down from out of state.

I'm trying to stay on plan, but have to admit with everything going on (and with this cold that just won't leave!!) I haven't gotten a workout in. I have stayed pretty much within my calorie limit, so at least that's good! Before I probably would've gone straight for the chocolate & doritos! (not together, of course!!)
I'm so sorry about your G'ma, I have my fingers & toes crossed that she will get better gf. Hang in there.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #5  
Melissa

So remember at the beginning of the week when I challenged the Red team to try something new.....so.....what did you do that was new?
Old 10-05-2008, 01:41 AM   #6  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
So remember at the beginning of the week when I challenged the Red team to try something new.....so.....what did you do that was new?
I got a can of pumpkin. I was going to try it tonight but I already had hot, bubbly sweet potatoes all roasted and ready to go. I am going to try the pumpkin tomorrow. It is still the same week...
Old 10-05-2008, 01:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

Hi everyone, I've been having quite a bit of trouble still. I think I'm finally getting back on track again. I've gotten some good exercise this week and stayed on plan. I've made healthier food choices as opposed to eating junk as long as I stayed under my points. I'm also drinking lots of water. Most important though is that my head is getting back into it so things should start moving again.

I've also gone to the challenge thread and made my commitment. Sorry I'm so late starting.

Last edited by joylove26; 10-05-2008 at 02:01 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:20 AM   #8  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Little loss for today!

-0.6 from last week!
this could be my week #2 plateau, haha

have a good one, team!
Old 10-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #9  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I just finished looking at the exercise thread and wanted to give some props to a few superstars.

Andi-Keep running
Monte- Exercising everyday Yeah!!
Yelie- You too. Keep it up
Modcat- Great job. Love your use of the icons.

I think I will go in and list my daily wokouts like so many of you have.

I'm on track and staying there. Did a longer walk/jog yesterday and plan a 2 miler for today. Scale is up a tad today, probably last night's goulash.

Andi- I hear ya on the personals, but I know you are here.

xgurly- Sorry about the loss. My mom's neighbor just died of cancer. Today is the viewing.

Joy- Commitment is more than half the battle. Good for you, now stick with it.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:31 AM   #10  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

SCALE WARS that would be the title of my book if I were to write one. This is getting so old. I have worked my booty off , ran my fastest 5K, exericsed the last 14 days, stayed within my points I think my scale has something against me. All I'm asking is a pound a week. These -.4 suck. What would it be like if I wasn't exercising? I think it might be time for me to put the scale away again and only weigh on Monday. I become obsessive over the numbers. I need to look at it as a loss is a loss. It's just pure frustration. Who would have thought numbers could cause so many emotions.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

xGurlyGrlx My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rain Dancer Mumm...sweet potatoes!

joylove26 Glad to hear you're getting back on track!

Hi miriam101. Yay for your loss!

mtiger I've just been updating my days exercised, but I've hit at least 30 minutes everyday which is major for me.

crazy4weightloss Scale Wars... I like that! Yay for your loss! You've been working so hard. Way to Go! The scales will be even better next week.

We're thinking of taking the kids to a corn maze later today so I'll hopefully get in lots of walking.

I've got a good feeling about our weigh in this week, REDS.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:45 AM   #12  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

I just went for a walk in the neighborhood and everyone is cooking bacon this morning with their windows open.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Ah, a new thread. Makes me feel like I can keep up with personals.

Gurly -- Sounds like you're doing fine, OP or not. At least it sounds like you're not out of control. I am sorry to hear about your friend

Joy -- Welcome back!! Sometimes we just hit those types of places where it is so hard to stay on track. The important thing is to not let those times completely derail us!

Mirian -- yay for a loss even after High Holidays!! Or, in the middle of them.

mtiger-- nice long walk!! That is awesome.

Lisa -- I think I have lost my mind over numbers more times than I can count (haha). But I agree with you, the scale is a pretty poor indicator of our progress toward healthy bodies. It sounds like your behaviors are exactly what they should be, so forget the scale! Your reward isn't going to be the number it gives you, but rather the new pants size that you'll be fitting into. Keep it up!

Kelleigh -- ooh a corn maze -- sounds fun!!

----------------------------------

Well, as for me, I did OK at babysitting last night, but ate a lot more cheese than I would have in a normal situation. So far, the scale's been holding steady at 130.6, which I kind of don't believe, since it seems to say that whenever I step on it, but whatever, it's close enough. If it stays at that tomorrow for my WI, that'll be a pound loss, but I'd really like to shed that .6 and be at 130. Then it's just another pound to my October goal of 129!!

Have good, OP days Red Team!!

S
Old 10-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #14  
Melissa

Good Sunday Morning Red team!!

Andi...keep kickin butt my friend!!

Kara...its hard to stay focused when you are dealing with a loss like that. Just do what you've got to do to get through this, help your mom and then you can refocus.

Roni...I'm really glad you decided to stay and chat with us!

Rain Dancer....whatcha doing with your pumpkin??

Joyce...good to see you!! Looks like you are off and running! WOOHOO!! Better late than never right!!

Miriam...hey a loss is a loss!! Yay!!! Just keep up the fantastic work!! I'm sure your body just needed a little catch up time from your huge loss last week!!

Mindy...look at you go!! Excellent plan for today, I'm sure the scale was just normal fluctuations! Keep on rockin!

Lisa...Scale wars!! I like that! Have you been taking measurements? You know you are kicking butt and taking names with this, and the scale IS moving. But dont forget those measurements! This weightloss thing is a HUGE mental issue...all the way through, but you will win!! I can see it already! Excellent job on your walk...bacon scented and all LOL!

Kelleigh....oh fun! We will do the haunted corn maze a little closer to Halloween. My teen and her friends just LOVE it!! Have fun!

Shrinking Lizzy
...so close to goal!! Just keep up those healthy habits! You can do it!!
Old 10-05-2008, 10:51 AM   #15  
Melissa

My friday off kinda extended into saturday and ugh was my body saying STOP IT last night!! Its funny after even just a few days of healthy eating that my body rejects the junk food. I need to remember that the next time I'm tempted.

Another football day upon us! Snacks wont be too bad since I got some yummy apples and strawberries at the farmers market yesterday. I'm going to attempt to get some groceries today too...I hate grocery shopping!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!