PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #16  
fighting the sugar demon!

S/C/G: 281/263.9/190

Height: 5'8.5

Welcome new ladies: Yes, a low carb, lower carb, or better carb diet is what is usually suggested for PCOS and if you can stick with it most likely you will see results.

Netty: Hope that things are still moving in the right direction for you!

Nursekathi: Congrats on the weight loss so far. I hope that you will see your goal by October!

Jem: Welcome to the board. Everyone is different when things start looking different. Hopefully you will find your sweet spot soon.

RLG: Congrats on the weightloss so far. Sorry this has been a bit difficult for you. You are not alone in deciding to take a TTC break after a few years. It can be so frustrating.

Anyone else: If I missed you and you are new, welcome. Others that haven't check in, hope that you are doing well!

-----------------------------------------------------------

It is Wednesday weighin for me so I did weigh in but I am not recording it in stone yet. I will wait until the end of the month but so far it is trending in the right direction!

Hope everyone is having a healthy week!
irisheyes213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:17 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 172.7/172.7/138

Height: 5"9

Hi, I'm new to the site. I'm 17 and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 14. For those of you who have just been diagnosed I suggest you get in the habbit of taking the pill (helps with symptoms), changing your shopping habbits of high gi white breads, rices etc. and eating breads such as Burgen (for womens well being) anything with carbs switch to the lowest gi! I tried regular Metformin which had bad side effects on me. If you're the same you might want to choose diabex, which I've just started it's still Metformin but it's slow release which doesn't have the side effects for me at least. All of you should drink a glass of water with a tablespoon of lemon with your meal as it lowers the gi. If you want to keep your metabolisms running during the night and burn extra kjs have a teaspoon of honey before you go to bed as it keeps your metabolism up more than normal when you sleep. Also I'm about to order some Oolong tea (also called Wu-Long) Although it doesn't give the miricle results the sites claim. I've done the research today and it seems that it does hold properties that increase your fat metabolism. Even if it didn't have that property tea is a good way of getting your 8 glasses of water. You should also drink half a litre of water mixed with half a slice of lemon juice (around 2 tablespoons) 30 minutes before breakfast. People swear by it. Personally I've just started this.

I've only just started taking my condition seriously and am making an effort to get these extra kilos off excercise wise. Having PCOS in a family of sticks, sucks. As I have to watch my sister and brother eat 3 billion cheeseburger meals and still retain a lean figure makes me mad. I don't like the fact that if I didn't have this condition I would of been a size 8 without exercise or even having to watch what I eat. I think some of you have it worse than me as I don't suffer from acne and hair problems. I'm sick of being round and I'm ready to get my body looking like my sisters even if I have to work my *** off for it!
hotbasghetti is offline   Reply With Quote