PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:43 PM   #1  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Lightbulb Goals & Weigh In

So, I have been poking around on this site for that past 2 hours and I found some great ideas that we can do here on the PCOS forum instead of bouncing around from one forum to another. I thought maybe we could all set up monthly goals such as minutes you want to burn in a month or calories you want to burn .... basically any monthly goal and also we should do a weekly weigh in. So, this is open to anyone that would like to join! I hope people join lol if not I will beo n my own lol So, actually any ideas of what we can do from now on to bring more motivation to our site??? I have never tried starting something so I hope someone else can help lol Thanks

Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:47 PM   #2  
HE'S my motivation!

Monthly goal:

To exercise for 1100 minutes

I think weigh in should be on Fridays! Since I dont work on Friday I will try and remember to post a new forum for weigh in. I think that would be a cool idea. Anybody else?
Old 09-09-2007, 07:08 PM   #3  
HE'S my motivation!

P.S New Monthly goal WILL start on the first of each month (I know its already the ninth but we can catch up) and please NO CHEATING! So, you can record on a day to day basis what you did towards your monthly goal or on the last day of each month you can let us know everything you did. Up to you but I just hope we have people participate and I will be checking in. I am sooooo motivated right now and I just want to get everyone else motivated too!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 07:48 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Well I have hit another plateau but am plowing through it. My goal is to continue to do the treadmill daily for 45 - 60 minutes as usual - but to start riding my bike outside again - and no more bagels in the morning !!!!!!! I weigh in on Sunday morning and am hoping to have 3 more gone this week.
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:12 PM   #5  
HE'S my motivation!

No problem! Just let us know how your doing ... just want to keep everyone motivated!

Go witchy go!
Old 09-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #6  

LOL - I'm happy that YOU are motivated as well - it's so easy to fall into bad habits. I am still doing very well with food but I got back in the habit of having a bagel at Dunkin Donuts in the morning and they have way too many calories - back to my cereal or Lean Pocket. How do you deal with breakfast ???? That is my toughest meal because I am in a huge hurry in the morning and am in the car until 1PM or so - makes it way too easy to grab something naughty.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:32 PM   #7  
HE'S my motivation!

What I do is go buy plain oatmeal from Walmart. Its in a blue container called Oven-toasted old fashioned oats. I pour some in a bowl (just enough to cover the bottom where I cant see the bottom of the bowl) and I put water in it. (I dont like my oatmeal watery so I put just enough where it will soak all the water up) I put it in the micro for 2 minutes. Now, I have NEVER been a fan of oatmeal. Actually, I never ate it up until now but with if you put at least 3 packets of splenda it will make it sweet (and splenda has no calories) and it will actually taste good. But I eat that every morning. While I am in the shower in the morning I put it in the micro for the 2 minutes and even tho I am going to take about 20 minutes in the shower it also gives it time to cool down.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:46 PM   #8  

I LOVE oatmeal and had completely forgotten about it. It's filling too !!! I have some plain in the cupboard - will try it tomorrow ! Thank you - sometimes the simplest things are best and we gorget about them.

Last edited by witchyonadiet; 09-09-2007 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #9  
HE'S my motivation!

I need some "UMF" in my oatmeal so I add the splenda. But yea, it doesnt take long to make and if I cant eat it in the morning I put it in a plastic container and take it with me to work. But yea, try that. And it doesnt have too many calories