Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #46  
walk into the sky

S/C/G: 292/290/140

Welcome Diva, Vilandra, timmyshawn, and Lesbia! Good luck to all of you

I fell off the wagon a little bit over the weekend with my sister visiting. I've neither gained nor lost anything...so at least it isn't progress in the wrong direction, I guess. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:13 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 168.8/146.6/118

Height: 5'1"

Default Better Late than Never?

I just found this site, can I still join? If I lost 30 lbs by Samhain it would be AMAZING...at the rate I'm going, I'd be happy with 10 lbs.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:09 PM   #48  

'HELLO' to all the new joiners!! This week is just crawling by...I'm getting impatient waiting for my Tuesday weigh-in!! LOL!

Melissa
Old 08-07-2006, 10:52 AM   #49  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

OK I weighed this morning and I am down 1lb. It's not a great loss, but it's a start and as long as the scale is going down not up I'll take it. How's everyone else doing?
Old 08-08-2006, 03:29 PM   #50  

Hi Everyone - Weighed in this morning (-6!!! ), so my official starting weight is 329lbs...so my goal is 305 by Samhain! (12 weeks, 2lbs a week....ambitious, but not too overwhleming! )

I will be back every Tuesday to update!

Melissa
Old 08-10-2006, 08:23 AM   #51  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, Everyone! I'm sorry I have not been around much. It is hard to fight for computer time in the evenings and my firm has recently blocked our internet access because some people abused the privilege <grumble>....

I am so happy to read about all of the success and am also offering cheers and hugs to those who are struggling a bit. It sure is hard, isn't it? Sigh..but you know, we'll be where we want to be sooner than we think... especially with all of the cheering on that goes on here!

I'm very happy that I have reached my first 5 pounds as of this morning. Now, if I can just keep it up... I'm on Richard Simmons' program and I have to say, it is the easiest plan I have ever been on! I need to incorporate exercise into it now, but have to wait as I found out this week I have a very small clot in my lung thanks to the pill...but it will be dissolved in no time (it's very small).. just right now it hurts to breathe too hard....

Off to work for me... MANY BLESSINGS to all of you today! I'm pulling for all of us

Namaste'
Old 08-14-2006, 11:13 AM   #52  
Dream Big

Wow where is everyone? I hope everyone is ok. Is there still a group challenge? So how is everyone doing? Come on now ya'll need to get in here and post. We are eachothers support network. You aren't in this just for yourself. We are all counting on you to keep updating progress (or lack there of ). We need to do this for eachother as well as ourselves because with good support, a kind ear to listen, a loving heart to accept eachother, and the understanding of others who are in the same boat we can gain the motivation that we need to make this happen. Let's face it for some of us 3FC is the only place we can get the support, understanding and encouragement that we need. This site is a haven for pagan fat chicks to not only feel comfortable discussing weight issues but our way of life as well. So come on ladies, let's get posting. Let's inspire eachother, motivate eachother, and most importantly be there for eachother. Anyway I weighed in today and *sigh* no loss this week, but I know why and I'm working to correct that problem. Hopefully next week I'll be able to post a good loss. I'll check back later.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:53 AM   #53  

Is nobody updating? LOL. Well I'm down something...maybe not much though...proper update on Tuesday - I hope!
Old 08-21-2006, 12:16 PM   #54  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I lost 2 lbs which is encouraging.

I find that my weight loss is slower now but I can see my body shape changing and my overall fitness level improving.

I did really well while on vacation - I ate mostly vegetarian meals but had sushi twice. I really didn't feel like eating meat, maybe because it was so hot that I felt like I didn't want to eat anything heavy. Then again, maybe I'm just used to not eating meat now
Old 08-21-2006, 02:18 PM   #55  
Dream Big

Well I weighed in this morning and hey I'm happy no gain!! The reason for the happiness is that it's TOM and if I'm not showing a gain then that means I have lost! In case I've confused you, I always show a 3-5 lb gain during TOM and if the scale is showing the same weight as last weigh in then after TOM when the water gain and bloating is gone I should see a good loss! I didn't want to even get on the scale this morning cause I was dreading seeing the scale go up (even if I know it's water weight gain it is still depressing). I can't wait until next Monday's weigh in to see how I'm doing! I hope everyone is good.

Mauvaisroux- Congrats on the loss!! I am trying to stay away from meat also. It's very hard esp since the other 4 people in the house are huge meat eaters and I have to cook their meals. Most days it's been ok but I still have my days when a steak looks sooo good. Also I am a newbie at the veggie thing and am quickly tiring of the same foods. I don't know very many ways to cook vegetables that is quick easy and cheap and still tastes good. Since I'm the only one eating the veggie meals that makes it hard too, cooking 2 separate meals, planning 2 separate meals, and budget wise it's turning into a nightmare but I'm still trying my best. I hope you had fun on your vacation.

Vilandra485- I look forward to your update. I check in everyday to see if anyone has posted, but it seems to be really slow in here. I post my weigh ins on Monday's. And any loss is great even if it's only a half pound. Good luck with the weigh in!
Old 08-21-2006, 03:15 PM   #56  

Woohoo on not gaining duirng TOM! It's so difficult not to gain something during that time.

I'm lucky that my DH has changed his view on vegetarianism. He is doing it for health and weightloss reasons as am I. I feel a lot better eating this way.

Have you tried some family style vegetarian meals?

You can make things like tacos and you can make burger for your family and TVP or veggie ground round for yourself. That way you are all eating the same basic meal.

Mini pizzas are good too as you can put out all veggie toppings, cheese and some pepperoni for everyone and they can build their own while you skip the meat part.

Stir fries are a good option too. You can make the vegetable part for everyone but make the meat in a separate pan. Serve your portion first and then they can have the rest with the meat.

Veggie lasagna, pasta sauce or chili using tvp or veggie ground round is also a good family meal option.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:57 AM   #57  

WTG all! I will be back in the morning to post my results!! *fingers crossed* The good news is I rechecked my measurements today (just waist and hips) and I'm down 4" on each so far!
Woo Hoo! I'm on my way, lol!

Melissa
Old 08-22-2006, 11:59 AM   #58  

Good luck!
Old 08-22-2006, 04:22 PM   #59  

Ouch....-0.5....but as I said on the 300+ board, I'm doing all good OP things, so I won't let it get me down..I will keep going with my 2000 calorie limit, and exercising 60+ minutes a day until the end of the month, and change it up then if I need to. Keep up the good work everyone!

Melissa
Old 08-24-2006, 08:53 AM   #60  
Dream Big

Melissa- WTG!!! A 1/2 lb loss is great! It's better than a 1/2 lb gain right!? Keep chugging along and before you know it you'll be at your goal weight.

Well I go in this morning to get my measurements and body fat done. Woo Hoo, not. It'll be a couple of days before I get the numbers. My trainer won't ever tell me anything until he has everything done. I don't expect much of a difference since I was out of the gym for almost 3 months because of knee surgery, but I'm nervous that I will be bigger. Anyway I will post and let ya'll know when I get the #'s in.
Closed Thread