Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 12:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 198/194/140

Height: 5'4"

Yeah! This is more exciting than seeing J. Depp as Jack Sparrow again, well no not really, but the next best thing. I can do this with your help. I'll put my goal at 30 pounds by then. Let's do it,
Old 07-14-2006, 10:08 AM   #17  

I think I will join y'all on this challenge...I am not using a scale, so my goal is to go from my loose 26 jeans back into my 22's and be comfortable in them.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:27 AM   #18  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yeah, I wan't to lose the last 10 lbs but I really need to focus on exercise.

I think my main goal for Samhain is to be in better physical shape. I look okay but I need to build up my strength and flexibility and I would like to lose a few inches in some spots. I'm going to measure myself when I get home tonight so I can monitor my progress.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:55 PM   #19  
Is it Friday yet?

I'm in too!

By Samhain I'd like to..... let's see. I'd like to be in the 180's. ANYWHERE in the 180's. If I lose 1.5 pounds a week average, I should be around 179 by Samhain. I'll also focus on maintaining my 4:30am exercise call. I've been 90% faithful since starting a couple months ago, but I assume once the sun starts rising later and later it might get a little more difficult. We shall see!

Gods, another excuse to have to buy more clothes! Yeah!!!!!

Yeah us!!!!

Terri
Old 07-14-2006, 09:26 PM   #20  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

OMG - Exercising at 4:30 AM??? You are a far stronger person than I am... I keep meaning to take the pooch for a walk before work, but bed is far more comfortable Although this morning, I did take him out at 5:15 for a walk - and he sure enjoyed it, then I had a nap when we got back home before I got ready for work - and I sure enjoyed that nap.

buonoj13 - Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow? Few things hotter than that!!! I haven't seen the movie yet - I hate opening weekend crowds, but it definitely on my must see list....

Welcome to all the new members of the challenge!!!
Old 07-15-2006, 11:47 PM   #21  
walk into the sky

S/C/G: 292/290/140

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Well, so far so good for me. I've been swimming a LOT every day with my sister. I'm really enjoying it, because it's been far too hot for me lately. My sister has a few extra pounds that she wants to lose (she's already lost quite a lot), so she's become my workout buddy. I find it so much easier to get motivated when I have someone to do the exercise with me.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:08 AM   #22  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Well, just did my weekly weigh-in. I'm down to 326.6 - I was hoping for 325, which I could have made if I had gotten my butt off the couch and worked out. BUT I am still on track for my 2 pounds per week goal, so I can't complain.

I'm off to walk the pooch and do my grocery shopping before it gets too damn hot. Have a great Sunday ladies!
Old 07-16-2006, 04:32 PM   #23  

Congrats on the loss!!!!!
Old 07-16-2006, 06:49 PM   #24  

Way to go Brunisssen!
Old 07-18-2006, 01:09 AM   #25  
walk into the sky

S/C/G: 292/290/140

Bad day today. My home scale appears to be slightly....off, to say the least.

I visited my mom during her lunch break today (she works in a hospital). We started talking about my weight loss plan, and she offered to weight me on the fancy scale she uses there. So, she did. 292.3. What the heck? How does my home scale possibly say 278? Argh. Guess I'm buying a new scale...

On the plus side, my jeans have started fitting a bit looser, so I guess I've lost something. Still frustrating though. I guess I'll aim for 260 for Samhain...that'll still be about 30 lbs.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:19 AM   #26  

Lyrae -

I am so sorry about the scale, I also recently had a scale shock, and it sucks!!!! But your jeans are looser, which I think is a better indicator than the scale, one size = approx. 10 pounds on me, I would guess that might be for most people. But don't get discouraged. I am not weighing myself until next week. I have had a sudden craving for white rice and salsa, go figure, I am scared to step on the scale. Have a great day.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:46 PM   #27  
Is it Friday yet?

Lyrae, sorry about the liar of a scale, but it sounds like other progress is being made, that the pants fit better is probably a better sign of what's going on in the bod than the numbers. I highly recommend Tanita scales. Mine is dead on with WW's. They can be a little spendy, but it's better than "finding" weight on one scale that you thought you lost on another!

Congrats on the loss brunissen!!!

No, getting up at 4:30 isn't me being strong, it's just 30 minutes earlier than my normal wake up time. I start work at 6:30am and have been getting up at 5am for 7 years now. 4:30am isn't such a stretch. Tho there have been times when insomnia hits, when I do reset the ol' sunrise alarm clock for my normal 5am - when I NEED that extra 30 minutes!

Tonight's my first weigh in since before the 4th. I'm not expecting much since I've pretty much eaten out *almost* every night since then (while my dad was visiting and he won't let me cook - even though I CAN cook!). I might be down a smidge, but that's ok. In the "old days" eating out daily would equal huge gains, not maintenance. THAT is progress!

Later gators!

Terri
Old 07-18-2006, 02:30 PM   #28  

Terri, I love to cook! It is so relaxing, actually, I am trying to start up a small catering business. When school goes back I will be selling calzones twice a week to the teachers lounge at the school where my mom works. Hopefully, some cake orders will come too, I love decorating cakes. I haven't cooked in while because I am pretty sure that I eat a meal while I cook. But you gotta make sure it tastes good

Anyway here's to all our successes!!! Have a great day.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:10 PM   #29  
Is it Friday yet?

Buonoj, it's a shame we don't live closer.... I've always dreamed of opening a catering/party coordinator business. Waaaaay back when, when I worked in San Francisco, part of my job was "party coordinator" for our office of 200. I arranged the Christmas, retirement, birthday parties, etc. I once had a 10 foot long sub sandwich delivered via the freight elevator!

I love to cook too. Favorite time of year is in the Fall, spending a weekend cooking soups and stews to toss in the freezer. I even have a friend that thinks it's blasphemous that I cook a whole turkey to freeze and eat on all year ("that's supposed to be only for Thanksgiving!").

But, for some reason my dad would rather foot the bill for numerous trips to steak houses, chinese food palaces and other food-fest o'plenties when I'd rather KNOW exactly what was in my food. Oh well, I just may refuse to go next year!

Terri
Old 07-18-2006, 04:48 PM   #30  

Lyrae - that sucks! But again your pants are showing your progress so don't lose heart.

Buono and Punkinseed - I love to cook too! In fact I am at the same point as you are Punkin, I would rather eat at home too.
Closed Thread