Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #16  

I think if you can manage to get past the taste of these programs and force yourself to enjoy them, you can do great with them. It's kinda of like those low calorie sweetners or no calorie ones...They are disgusting at first, but if you keep using them, eventually you'll get accustom to it and it won't be so bad.

Last edited by FattyFatFat; 10-01-2009 at 04:16 PM.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #17  
Finding my way

S/C/G: Start 274/Current 260/Goal 150

Height: 5'5"

I don't know? I'd consider nutrisystem if someone could tell me it tasted good. I've spent quite a bit of money on Jenny Craig in the past and returned to get a boost start again but I just can't handle the taste. I want to enjoy my meals and just because I have to lose weight doesn't mean it has to be unenjoyable. Anyone fill me in on the cost of nutrisystem and taste of food? Is it all pantry foods or frozen? thanks (I'm a newbie here so hello to all).
TexanGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanGal View Post
I don't know? I'd consider nutrisystem if someone could tell me it tasted good. I've spent quite a bit of money on Jenny Craig in the past and returned to get a boost start again but I just can't handle the taste. I want to enjoy my meals and just because I have to lose weight doesn't mean it has to be unenjoyable. Anyone fill me in on the cost of nutrisystem and taste of food? Is it all pantry foods or frozen? thanks (I'm a newbie here so hello to all).
Nutrisystem has their "Basic" plan, which is about $300/month and consists of all pantry foods, and their "Nutrisystem Select" plan, which is about $390/month consists of 1/2 pantry foods and 1/2 frozen. The price isn't horrendous when you consider it comes out to only about $3-4 per meal (not counting the time and money you'll be saving on groceries and preparing your meals), although granted you DO have to add your own fruits and vegetables (I just buy those in bulk from BJs or Costco).

IMO, the added cost of the frozen option is WELL worth it. The food is excellent. It's produced by Schwann, who have a very popular (non-diet) food mail order delivery service and they take their "gourmet" mindset into producing these foods. I like the 1/2 and 1/2, because the pantry foods, while less tasty, are definitely more substantial. I usually get their standard frozen package and then pick the foods I love from the pantry foods (scroll to the bottom of this page to see what some of the more popular foods are)

Good luck!
hc

Last edited by hcl777; 11-15-2009 at 05:28 PM.
hcl777 is offline   Reply With Quote