Old 09-17-2006, 02:16 PM   #1  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

Height: 5'7"

Default New to this thread

I am not new to 3FC, but it has been recently revealed to me some things...I'll introduce myself...

My name is Andrea. I’m from Austin, MN and my closest OA meeting is too far for me to get to on a regular basis. I just recently realized I had a compulsive overeating problem. Before I just thought it was me, but once I realized I needed to get some support for this and go through the 12 steps it was like something had woken up inside me. It’s scary and I really have no idea where to start, but that’s why I’m writing. I need all the help i can get. Thank you ladies!
Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:15 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Andrea, welcome!
Good for you for acknowledging the problem and doing something about it.
It doesn't have to be scary. There aren't many of us in here right now, but we're here for you with whatever support you need.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Admitting the problem and being honest with yourself is the first step. Good Work! Have you checked out www.oa.org? There are online meetings at www.recoverygroup.org or it may be www.therecoverygroup.org.

I suggest that you order two books. You can get them from amazon or the oa website.
1)The twelve steps and twelve traditions of overeaters anonymous
2)Overeaters Anonymous

The above two books will really help you.

Welcome!!
Marny
marny is offline   Reply With Quote