Old 08-16-2007, 12:13 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

lizzy, i don't know how you feel about this, but there are online meetings or ways you can arrange for a sponsor online or over the phone. while i prefer face-to-face interaction, i think it'd be better than nothing. and of course there's always people on there to talk to! i hope that you can find some support and get through a few days - and longer - without binging. (and you CAN do it - i have faith in you!)

sidhe, i love the idea of naming the voice and mouthing off to it... i need to think of a good name. =)

i binged early in the day yesterday and was supposed to go out with some friends last night... as usual i almost called to back out because i felt crappy from binging, but before i could one of my friends called ME and offered me a ride. so i went.... i need to socialize more. it makes me feel happier and i'm SO much less likely to binge when i'm with people, i just really withdraw because of my eating.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Ann-
Make a note that says "It's not in here" and put it in your cupboards and refrigerator. So, the next time you are looking for something to push down the feelings, you will be reminded that what you are looking for-- It's not in here.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #33  

Lizzy-
Have you read through past posts on here? Lots of people have asked the same question, and there are some great answers posted.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

No, Marny, actually I haven't spent as much time as I should have in reading past posts -- I sort of get "lost" trying to find the right link. And if I try to go back to something later on that day -- or even worse, the NEXT day -- it seems to have escaped into cyberspace! Ha! Obviously, I need my grandkids to help with the computer functions!

But I promise to spend some time this weekend (at home, where I'm not on the clock) researching this. Thanks for the suggestion.
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:57 PM   #35  
kgb

Hi ladies

My internet at home is stuffed so I haven't been able to get online.

Yesterday I had my performance review at work and didn't like what my new manager had to say "it wasn't too bad" but it wasn't fantastic, well done keep going. In my head I was the worst person in the world, I wasn't a good mother, a good wife, I was stupid I make mistakes. I had a cry on the way home from work and through my self a little pity party. I stayed at the party the entire evening. I just wanted to feel sorry for my self.

When I got home my husband arrived with a huge loaf of bread, my favourite type. I hadn't planned to have bread with my dinner but decided that it was ok I was having a rough day, I had planned to have potato and that was a carb so it was ok to swop. That was a mistake because anything I do to muck around with my food could easily end up in a binge I was playing with fire.

This morning I woke up feeling that God didn’t let me stay in that pity place he said to me. “I have a plan for you a better plan than you can imagine”. So I have to believe him.
kgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:52 AM   #36  

kgb-

You are so right! God has amazing plans for you.

I was completely dumbfounded when I realized that not only does he have an amazing plan for me, but that my compulsive eating was getting in the way of it. That helped me to believe that He cares about my compulsive eating.