Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 04:50 PM   #31  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

nothing to report other than finally going to the gym and getting on my favorite "the treadmill". I did 3.57 miles at 3.0-3.7 mph at an incline of 2.0-6.0. Felt good gonna try again tomorrow
Old 01-12-2016, 05:04 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Rennie, whatever happens after the 15th is under your control! Great job on the treadmill! Oh hey, I like your new ticker!

PrairieQueen, did you have off today? I sure felt the snow coming. My head is like a barometer. I always feel snow and rainstorms coming, and I had the worst sinus headache yesterday evening. My sinuses are still bothering me, but last night it felt like a migraine it was so strong.

So I didn't eat dinner last night. My head hurt so bad, I didn't want to cook and I didn't want to eat. I just wanted to go to bed. I overate mixed nuts as a snack yesterday afternoon anyway so I wasn't hungry. I thought I'd gain from all the salt I ate but then not eating last night probably offset that because I weighed 168 this morning!

Week 34: High 170.5, Low 167
1/3--169.5
1/4--169.5
1/5--170.5
1/6--170
1/7--169
1/8--167.5
1/9--167 Carb Day

Week 35:
1/10: 169.5
1/11: 168.5
1/12: 168
1/13:
1/14:
1/15:
1/16:

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

2 fried eggs
2 slices of bacon
Fage yogurt with Mio
Mio water

Lunch:
Veggies and ranch dressing
Mio water

Snack:
a handful of Emerald cocoa almonds

Dinner:
Large field greens salad with pieces of pork tenderloin and ranch dressing
Mio water

Today's Exercise:

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 01-12-2016 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:10 PM   #33  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Jacqui Hope your sinus pressure/headaches ease up
Old 01-12-2016, 07:34 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi all! My internet is slooooooow tonight, and it's freezing here

We had 2-hour delay today and should have been called off. There were several accidents and ditched cars of students and one teacher. The buses were late and one by half hour...couldn't get up a hill and had to turn around and go another route. Every other school in county was off. They eventually called off the elementary schools (they go later) after the morning fiasco. I'm sure the super got quite a few calls today.

Today's food choices ....

Break - chicken/cheese burrito
Lunch - 1/2 portion lasagna
Dinner - grilled wings and 2 lite beers

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 01-12-2016 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:48 PM   #35  

Rennie, thanks. I am resorting to drinking a Diet Dr. Pepper to see if the caffeine will help.

PrairieQueen, I can't believe y'all were in school today! There were lots of accidents around here too.

I spent much of today finishing cleaning out my closets and drawers and discarding clothes! I kept some XL sweatshirts, because I like to wear them big, along with some favorite XL Ohio State t-shirts, as long as they didn't droop on me too badly (women's XL vs. men's XL). but everything else that is too big on me now, I put into the donate pile. I have 5 bags to take to Goodwill, and other than those few XL shirts, nothing to move back into if I gain weight! It's getting real now, lol!
Old 01-13-2016, 12:05 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Totally off plan for most of this week. Only good thing was exercise. Hopefully I will back OP tomorrow at least that is the plan.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:18 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Rennie, Good for you on the treadmill and sticking to your food plan. I didn't even know you belonged to a gym. Go figure!

Prairie Queen and Jacqui, I am not far from you here in PA and our weather is usually the same. We got about 4 inches of snow but they didn't cancel or delay school. In the morning, it hadn't started snowing much. Then it didn't start to get really bad until around 4PM. Rush hour was bad, but I think the school buses made it through dismissal. There was a period around 4-6PM when there were a lot of accidents during rush hour. We were home, safe and warm. It always seems to be bad when we get the first significant snow of the winter.

Jacqui, I can't not have something around in a bigger size. Not a lot, but at least 1 pair of jeans to fall back on. My weight doesn't fluctuate much, but my waist is where I run into trouble. I have stayed the same size for the past several years. I guess it's a good thing that I don't gain, but I sure would like to start seeing losses. I've got plenty of smaller size clothes.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:51 AM   #38  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

...I cannot imagine getting rid of that many clothes....but I can dream about it....

Not sure what you're talking about Rennie...I'm always trying to fit more into my day 'cause I don't get enough done!

Whell...I stopped by a new organic grocery store and got lots of yummy stuff. A prepared Greek salad, and a yummy vegetable mix, and Oh! fancy Medjool dates! I had to exert superhuman will power to avoid eating all the dates. oh oh oh...and coconut water--I decided I needed the potassium. Soooo, waaay too many calories and carbs yesterday .....but..... wait for it...... the scale did not go up! Woo and Hoo!

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 01-13-2016 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:48 PM   #39  

Jacqui Wonderful that you can get rid of the big clothes. You are doing so well with the weight loss. I hope your sinus headache is gone today.

I am back OP today and pretty much have my plan for today. Went back to exercising just 3 miles on bike. I didn't like the way I could actually feel the hip joints after the 4 mile last time I did it. Strange feeling. Didn't hurt, I could just feel them. Not sure what that was, but I think I'll stick with the 3 miles 4 or 5 days a week for a while.

I am going to stick with the CAD idea of any carby food I eat will be eaten at the main meal and my other meals (and snacks if I need one) will be low carb. I just need to get more self disciplined about my eating like I have with the exercise. However, maybe this will work in my favor. I've always worked it the opposite in the past. Disciplined eating and none when it came to the exercise. Maybe this time I can get them both disciplined at the same time.

P.Q., Rennie, Carol Sue, SMF and all.

Have a great day.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:35 PM   #40  

Carol Sue, yikes! A snowstorm during rush hour sounds treacherous! I'm glad you and DH were safe and sound at home! Right now I can wear a size 10 and a size 12 in pants, with the 12's being a little loose (and comfy), so in a sense that's like having the next size up. I could gain a few lbs until the 12's become tight. Now if I were really planning to keep a size up, I would have kept the 14's, and I admit I did hesitate to put my favorite pair of 14 jeans in the bag, but in they went! So if I gain much more than the amount I circle around 170 with, I'm going to have to buy new jeans, and that's exactly the inconvenience I was going for. Sink or swim!

Trish, thanks! My headache is gone today, thank goodness! I do wonder if the caffeine in the Diet Dr. Pepper I drank last night had anything to do with it. I'll have to try that again next time it happens and see if it helps. I agree that you should stick to 3 miles if you're feeling it in your joints, even if it doesn't hurt right now. And when it comes to having discipline with both eating and exercise, you can do it! Just set your mind to it and you can do it! In fact, I'm going to do more than just talk the talk on that. When I'm done typing this, I'm going to walk the walk! I'm going to pull myself off this couch, throw some gym clothes and shoes in a bag, bundle up and go out into this freezing cold night and go to the Y (which I haven't done since the new year started even though I keep saying I need to)! Believe me, I don't want to, lol, but we are all in control of what we eat and how much we exercise! If you didn't happen to get all the way through eating on plan today, tomorrow is a brand new day! We can do this!

SeeMyFeet, yay on the healthy foods and congrats on the scale cooperating with them! :

Rennie and PrairieQueen, I hope y'all are doing well today!

Wow, I am so happy to still be in the 160's! Okay, as I just told Trish, I am off to the gym and I'll be back to update today's exercise!

1/3--169.5
1/4--169.5
1/5--170.5
1/6--170
1/7--169
1/8--167.5
1/9--167 Carb Day

Week 35:
1/13: 168
1/14:
1/15:
1/16:

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

2 fried eggs
2 slices of bacon
Mio water

Lunch:
Protein bar
Mio water

Snack:

Dinner:
Crockpot chili (2 bowls)
Mio water

Today's Exercise:
2-mile walk around the track. Oooo, can I tell I am out of shape! I wanted to do 3 miles but there was no way, so I definitely need to keep this up and get back into shape! Of course, everyone and their mother was at the gym busily working on their New Year's resolutions, lol! Luckily, they were in the classes and on the machines and only a few were on the track. I took this pic (blurry because I was walking) at a point when it looks like no one else is there, but just off to the left there are all kinds of people! (I didn't think they'd appreciate me taking a pic of them, lol!) The worse part was having to park way out in the parking lot and walk through the cold! My joints do not appreciate it!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 01-13-2016 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:11 PM   #41  

Evening all! Doing a drive -by tonight....

Break - chicken/cheese burrito
Lunch - vegetable beef soup
Dinner - beef fajita w/guac
Snack - slice of choc/zuke bread
Old 01-14-2016, 09:39 AM   #42  

Woohoo! I am back down to my low of 167! In the past 12 days, I've been in the 160's for 10 of them, including the last 8 in a row! Do I dare to hope my stall of the past two months is officially over and I am going to continue to lose, at a slower pace of course since I'm so close to goal, but still, to be in the 160's now and to continue going down from there? My mindset is that I "really" weigh 170 and I've just had lucky days that have been below that, but wow, I don't know. This kind of feels like my scale is on the move again! That would be awesome!

1/3--169.5
1/4--169.5
1/5--170.5
1/6--170
1/7--169
1/8--167.5
1/9--167 Carb Day

Week 35:
1/13: 168
1/14: 167
1/15:
1/16:

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

2 fried eggs
2 slices of bacon
Fage yogurt with Mio
Mio water

Lunch:
Protein bar
Diet Dr. Pepper

Snack:
Protein bar

Dinner:
Leftover crockpot chili (2 bowls)
Mio water

Today's Exercise:
2-mile walk around the track at the gym

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 01-14-2016 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:24 AM   #43  

Jacqui_D Congratulations for being in the 160s for 12 days. I'm sue you will make your goal. And that is great that you did the 2 mile walk at the Y.

Thank you ever so much for he Pep Talk. It came just at the right time. As I didn't follow yesterdays plan very well. I have to admit that I did fail last night. I do so well during the day. But today is a new day and I am back OP.
I've decided to do more of a modified form of South Beach. I say modified because I do like bacon and I also do not do FF foods except with the Greek Yogurt. Not going to do CAD except maybe on the days DH and I go out to eat. I think doing a carby meal once a day really throws me off.

Today's Plan

B - eggs, bacon, cheese and kale
L - steak and salad w/EVOO and ACV
D - turkey and ham roll ups
S - Choc Designer whey shake and walnuts

Exercise: 3 miles on bike

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:10 PM   #44  

Evening all! It looks like everyone is really in control here and starting the yeR off right. I'm just peddling along as usual getting excited about a three-day weekend. . . Hoping to get the hubs to take me to a new Mexican restaurant in a neighboring "city" that's getting rave reviews on Yelp.

I also ordered the latest craze amongst my friends, an instant pot. It's a 7-function cooking dream machine. . . It's supposed to be here Saturday.

Today's menu...

Break - McD's sausage burrito, ice tea w/stevia
Lunch - beef fajita, no guac
Dinner - pork chop, potatoes lyonnaise, salad
Possible snack - pineapple slice.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:22 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I'm doing a modified SCD:

-Allowed foods: Meat, fish, eggs, beans and lentils, all vegetables except potatoes, corn, carrots.
-No dairy fruit or grains generally
-Exceptions: dressings, marinades, etc.
-I don't do a Carb day because I don't trust myself to get back on the wagon, but occasionally, I'll have cream in my coffee or some grains or a couple of hershey kisses (not every day though!).

I started January 3 at 224 lbs. I ate some grains in the first few days while my body was adjusting but I kept it to 1/2 cup serving per meal.

This morning, January 14, I was 213.6 lbs.

One of the things that has kept me going is making a HUGE batch of the most delicious chili I've ever had. I use ground turkey instead of beef. It has onions, celery, green peppers, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, and 1/4 cup of brown sugar (and it makes 12-14 servings so I don't think that's too bad). I make the chili and freeze 2/3 of it. It may sound strange, but I have this for breakfast every day. It's easy, tasty, and filling.

I also have a habit tracker, and in the morning, I check it off for the day before if I've had a good day of eating within this limits. This little activity reminds me that I did well yesterday so it motivates me to have another good day.

How do you stay motivated?

Jacqui_D How long did it take you to get from 220 to under 200 when you started the Slow Carb diet?
Closed Thread