Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 01:57 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue I am trying to eat less too. I remember telling my doc one time that I eat healthy. He said, "Well, then you are eating too much of it". Enough said. Now that I'm tracking in advance on MFP as much as possible, I can see where I do eat too much of certain foods. I think it is teaching me that maybe it isn't what I eat so much as how much. I think low carb sometimes makes us thing we can have so much more just like lowfat/low calorie foods do.

I am using some of the Livestrong guidelines I found for eating slow burning carbs. I picked up a Nature's Own Whole Grain bread the other day. It is 70 calories for 1 slice. The Sarah Lee's Multi-grain bread was 45 calories a slice. I eat on Sunday when DH and I have breakfast together. I remember thinking the last 2 times I made toast "well 2 sl equals 1 slice regular" so I made it. I didn't need 2 and when we eat breakfast out, I never eat the 2 slices they bring to the table. So I think those specialty things like that just make me eat more. May just be me, but I know I do play mind games when it comes to eating and I have to change that.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:06 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Carol Sue I remember those starters! I actually bought some sourdough yeast from San Francisco to try my hand at making the bread, but I've yet to get it started.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:22 PM   #498  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Talked to bro a few times today. Failed his swallow test again. It may be neurological but fixable his doctor says. Running some more tests. The doctor told him to not freak out basically...that he is one lucky man if this is his only problem after all he Has been through. Second time he called he just wanted to tell me how much he loved me and all of his family and that when things get tough his family is always there for each other.....not everyone has that. He's lost just over 50 lbs in just over six weeks there. . . 187 to 134.

Anyway, my menu today consisted of....

Break - 2 sausage links and gravy, 1/2 bun, unsweetened tea w/stevia
Lunch - Red's organic chicken/cheese burrito, white grapes
Dinner - grilled pub wings, 1/2 order hand ciut fries, 2 lite beers

My goal is to have a 500-cal deficit every day. Today I'm at 315....I guess I need to do some stairs because I sure as heck am not going back outside. It's 25 degrees!

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 01-05-2016 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:05 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Oh my goodness, I have been so busy the last couple of days! Anyway, I weighed 169.5 yesterday and 170.5 today. It looks like it may be another one of those months when I circle around 170!

PrairieQueen, I'm so sorry to hear your DH failed his swallow test. He is still in my prayers!

Trish, I hope the Livestrong slow carb plan works well for you!

SeeMyFeet, yay on the ticker move! And what great news on the DcollegB's 4.0! That's awesome!

Carol Sue, yeah, I don't know about the purse kraut, lol! Then again, I may have to look into eating more cabbage since I need more veggies in the winter, so maybe! I too need to start eating less, at least at night. The last couple of nights, I feel like I have just eaten and eaten! I'm only eating slow carb foods, but eating too much of any food, especially late is not good. I have stopped taking sips of water between bites. I may have to go back to that, just so I'll give my body a fair opportunity to feel full before I stuff it with more food.

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 01-05-2016 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:31 AM   #500  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

.....I'll not be asking for any tissues from you guys...

Wow! Your DB must be skin and bones, PQ...hope he recovers his ability to swallow p.d.q......And additional EXCELLENT benefit of swimming is increased tolerance to cold.....I left the pool this morning with flip flops and wet hair in 32F, rainy weather, and I welcomed the cool-down. Not sure how that is gonna work when it's -10...maybe my hair will break off and I can finally get a haircut.

I'm Lovin'Lovin'Lovin' this MoveTheTicker game, Jac. The worrywart in me is wondering if it's not real fat loss, just something about the change in schedule. I'm working on getting into an earlier schedule and avoiding calories past 8pm (slaps hands), too.

oh...posting menus

B: oatmeal (no raisins) n coffee
L: small, boring salad; few chunks of pineapple
S: ~20 mixed nuts
D: 1/2 C black eyed peas; ~1/3 C leftover zucchini stir fry

821 cals; 103 total carbs (50%); 13% protein; 792mg sodium (yes, including the salad dressing and nuts and salt added to veggies). Not low carb by %, but I'm more focused on avoiding processed carbs and getting nutrition from fruits and veggies.

table { }td { padding-top: 1px; padding-right: 1px; padding-left: 1px; color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Calibri,sans-serif; vertical-align: bottom; border: medium none; white-space: nowrap; }.xl63 { border-width: medium 0.5pt; border-style: none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext; }

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 01-06-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:25 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Jacqui_D I said I wasn't going to do CAD, but I seem to have feel into doing the carby meal but I'm using the slow burn carbs in it. So I'm going with it. My other 2 meals are low carb.

P.Q. I'm sorry DB didn't pass the swallowing test, but we will keep praying that he will recover that too. He truly is blessed to come through so much and doing as well as he is. It just takes time for the body to heal. Years ago a doctor told my daughter that it takes a year to get over a surgery. Look what all your DB has come through so gloriously. I'm sure the Lord will complete the healing that has begun in him.

You and Carol Sue Talked about the kraut so much that I picked up a big bag of coleslaw and put most of it in one of my crockpots this morning. I used the recipe for the purse kraut because it is quicker, but will let it set for a few days before using it. I didn't measure ingredients since I was making a bigger batch so not sure how good it will be. I used ACV and EVOO in it and the soy sauce. So will see by the weekend how good it turns out.

SMF I am also setting my goal to not eat anything after 8 pm myself.
Maybe we can accomplish this together. Good job going for the swim, however, I'm not sure about coming home in such cold weather. I hope you were wrapped up. I do remember years ago those people who used to go out in the ocean in freezing weather claiming it felt so goo to them and healthy. That was the days of Jack La Lane and Paul C. Bragg. LOL Any way you be careful doing that.

As I said above, I didn't plan to stay on CAD, but it just works better for me eating with DH. We ended up going out to Golden Coral. He loves the fried fish there and it is so much better for us to have all those veggies to choose from rather than going to his favorite fish place Long John Silvers where the only veggie I can get is coleslaw.

I did good. I didn't get my usual dessert when we eat at GC. When we didn't eat there so often, I would make it a CAD meal and have my favorite which is carrot cake. My weight has been up a bit lately due to eating carbs outside my carby meal and the good thing about me weighing everyday is that I was 1lb yesterday from being back down to my ticker weight. I know their food with the sodium usually makes me gain 2 or 3 lbs. So I got 1 fried fish fillet and 1 fried chicken thigh. I wanted mashed potatoes... just wanted the taste so I got about a tablespoon of them and put low carb veggies with that. Decided instead of the cake for dessert that I would eat fruit instead. The good thing is that tracking on MFP I had 1601 calories and my carbs/protein/fat ratios were all within the percentages allowed. The only thing that was higher was the sodium. This morning my weight is right with the ticker. So I lost a lb rather than gain.

My exercising is better to. I was able to do over 3 miles in 25 minutes this morning. I think I have found my way of eating. I consider the slow burn carbs a big help with this.

Carol Sue You and I have been talking about the sodium. In the New Atkins books they say in order to keep from having leg cramps like I get to be sure to get enough salt. So I'm thinking since we are doing a relatively low carb woe of eating that maybe the little bit we go over sometimes isn't a big deal. I notice now that I'm planning my meals on MFP that sometimes I'm not meeting the 2300 g limit so hopefully the days I do go over will balance out. I sure do hate waking up early in the morning having to jump out of bed (not an easy thing these days LOL) to walk off a leg cramp. So I think that as long as I'm not going over by 1000 g, maybe I'm ok since I am basically doing a moderately low carb way of eating. I check my bp everyday and the last few days it has been normal which is good.

My family seems to have theirs all over the place. Daddy's goes sky high and then it goes so low he almost passes out. I hope to keep mine normal.
I used to think low bp was good, but I had an aunt who died from hers. My doc said that they have meds to raise it but the meds are dangerous. My parents didn't add salt to food for years, but they would often eat high sodium foods. Daddy said his bp was low for years then all of a sudden after Mama died he had high bp. They have a difficult time regulating his. I don't want that problem and hopefully the way eating the way I do I won't have it either.

Boy I'm wordy today. I guess I better get out of here and do something else. Y'all have a great day Everybody.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:07 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post

table { }td { padding-top: 1px; padding-right: 1px; padding-left: 1px; color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Calibri,sans-serif; vertical-align: bottom; border: medium none; white-space: nowrap; }.xl63 { border-width: medium 0.5pt; border-style: none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext; }
Right back atcha! LOL It sounds like a new exercise routine!

I went to the PCP today to get my new RX for diabetes meds. I am going to try very hard to get my BG back down with diet and exercise, but will have pills if I need them.

Everything else was pretty good. I'm going to have DH measure me again. They said I'm down to 5'1". I need all the height I can get or my BMI will increase. LOL

Something else was low on my bloodwork. SGOT. Read up on it and if it's high, it's due to liver problems, but if it's low it's due to low Vit B6. Guess what low Vit B6 causes. Skin problems. Psoriasis????

PQ, sorry DB failed his swallow test and that he lost so much weight. Here we are struggling, and it just falls right off him. I hope he gets to eat soon. I love sourdough bread. It's supposed to be better for you, but still spikes my BG.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:40 PM   #503  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Okay, chickies, we are over 500 posts, so I have to shut this thread down, but the new thread is open now! Here's a link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...ml#post5227680. See you there!
Closed Thread