Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 06:24 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I buy Fiber One Original Cereal. I hated it when I first tried it but I got used to it now. I used to make Bran Muffins with Brad Buds but that was before I developed diabetes and had to cut back on flour and sugar.

Today I had a grilled chicken salad and picked out the french fries and brought them home for DH to have for a snack. He had a pizza, and I pulled the topping off one slice and ate it. Pepperoni and Sausage. My blood sugar is coming down a bit as of these dietary changes I'm making. Not setting any records with the weight loss, though.

My Dr appointment did not go well. My BP was sky high. He did not change my meds, but told me to come in next week for a BP check and bring my home monitor to check against their BP reading. Also, he told me that my valves are getting worse so I have to have the Echo twice a year instead of once a year. He said dizziness would be a sign of trouble. I'm having dizziness but didn't tell him, because I thought it might go away. If I'm still having it next week I will call and tell him, or tell them when I go in for the BP check. In the meantime, my home BP monitor broke. We bought a new one last night but when we got it home we realized it was battery operated only and we want electric. So it went back. I want to order one from Amazon, but first I want to look at it in Walmart to be sure it's what I want so I don't have to return it to Amazon. Actually, right now I'm scared to death that I am going to have a heart attack or stroke. I should have told him about the dizziness, but was afraid he would put me in the hospital, but maybe that's where I need to be.

Can't wait to hear how Mars enjoyed Cuba.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:01 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Carol Sue, dizziness is a sign of "trouble"? Listen, because your BP was so high, your valves are getting worse, and you've already had a heart attack before, maybe you shouldn't wait. Why don't you call him back tomorrow and tell him you've been experiencing dizziness? Maybe he'll decide to up your meds or maybe like you said, he'll put you in the hospital, but if he does, it will be to keep you safe. You shouldn't have go the next few days scared to death you might have a heart attack or stroke. I just think it would be a good idea if you call his office tomorrow morning. Maybe it's something that can wait, but why chance it? Please consider it.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:32 PM   #168  

SeeMyFeet, I hope you get it all figured out quickly! I know it must be frustrating!

Rennie, ooo, pepperoni pizza is tempting! So maybe just consider today an unplanned Carb Day and get back to eating on plan tomorrow! You can do it!
Old 11-15-2015, 08:14 AM   #169  

I'm still here, and still hovering around 199. I'm hoping I get a little lower to keep myself from bouncing back to 200. It will happen. It's just very, very slow for me, no matter how strict I am with my eating.

Thank you for your concern, Jacqui.

SeeMyFeet, My weight loss history has been like yours for years. Just when you think you're never going to lose, a pound or two disappears. Just keep doing what you know you should be doing.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:36 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Yesterday's menu....

Break - goetta and Coke Life
Lunch - chicken fajita filling
Snack - chocolate- covered cherry.....soooo good
Dinner - 2/3 of porterhouse steak w/Boursin wine sauce, sprouts and fingerling potatoes
Old 11-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #171  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

SeeMyFeet, I'm gonna look for them. Where do you purchase yours?

Jacqui, TOM is trying to show up finally (late). I'm enjoying this part of my life and hating it at the same time Today wasn't good either, smh.

Carol, please call the doctor

PrairieQueen

mars hope to see you online when I come home from work tomorrow

ok bedtime good night
Old 11-15-2015, 08:01 PM   #172  

Evening SeeMyFeet, Jacqui, love2b150, Wannabehealthy, Mars, Carol, Rennie and anyone I forgot! I'm feeling pretty good tonight after three+ hours in the garden digging potatoes and rototilling the garlic patch, readying it for planting tomorrow after school. My bro went back to Florida yesterday (he's living with mommy dearest to rest after a serious job related accident). He was with us eight days as a base togo to his doctors appointments up here readying for surgery (hopefully). He was not a problem at all, but I love my almost solitude here on the "farm." I'm glad things are back to normal today.

Today's menus.....
Break - steak, fried egg, goetta, Coke Life
Lunch - mini wontons
Dinner - pork fajitas
Snack - a yummy skinny whisky sour
Old 11-15-2015, 09:07 PM   #173  

PrairieQueen, I hope all goes well for your brother's surgery.

Rennie and Jacqui, I will be going to the doctor to get my blood pressure checked as soon as my new blood pressure monitor arrives. The old one is broken and I ordered a new one from Amazon. I have been having a lot of nasal and sinus allergy symptoms but couldn't find my allergy pills. I finally found my Nasacort and sprayed it this morning. I have not had any dizzy spells since, so I am thinking that was causing the dizziness, not the heart valves. I don't have any of the other symptoms of leaky valves, no palpitation, irregular heart beats, fatigue, shortness of breath, swelling of the feet and ankles. Jacqui, I did not have a heart attack. I had symptoms and went to the ER where they did tests and found that I needed open heart surgery. Once I was having shortness of breath and went to the ER. Our hospital admits any heart patient who comes to the ER. They admitted me, kept me for 5 days doing tests then released me saying nothing was wrong. If I need these tests I would rather have them done as an outpatient than be admitted unnecessarily. The Echo is already being ordered. I really think I'm OK. If I didn't, I would go to the ER. Sorry if my comments alarmed anyone.

Now I found my allergy pills. I was looking for a bottle and they are in a blister pack in a box. Dummy me.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:28 PM   #174  

Carol Sue, we just want you around for a very long time! I am so glad to know you never experienced a heart attack. I obviously made the mistake in assuming that because of your open heart surgery, but of course there's a big difference! I'm glad you've never gone through that pain or had that kind of damage to your heart! And it's great to know you haven't experienced any other symptoms of leaky valves! Your dizziness may indeed be because of sinuses, I hate that for you too, but it's a much better scenario! I'm glad you found your allergy pills. And great job in beating that scale! Yay Onederland!

PrairieQueen, wow you really are a prairie queen with your garden! It's always nice to have family visit or to go visit family (as I just did), but it's also nice to get things back to normal. I hope your brother gets along well with his surgery! You're a good sis for helping him out!

Rennie, ugh, Tom. I hope you have a better day tomorrow! I know those pre-Tom cravings are awful! Hang in there!

SeeMyFeet, I hope you had a better day today! :

Chickadeee, I drank water at home today and didn't add Mio! (and it made me think of you, lol!)

Mars
is coming home tomorrow!

Today, after Carb Day, I gained 2 lbs. Hopefully, all will go well and it will start falling back off tomorrow!

Week 26:
11/1--DNW (forgot before we started eating breakfast)
11/2--DNW (left at 3:45 am for a 12-13 hr drive)
11/3--174
11/4--DNW (too busy with grandbabies!)
11/5--DNW (too busy with grandbabies!)
11/6--DNW (too busy with grandbabies!)
11/7--DNW (too busy with grandbabies!) Carb Day

Week 27: High 174, Low 171
11/8--DNW (too busy with grandbabies!)
11/9--173.5
11/10--173
11/11--174
11/12--172.5
11/13--171.5
11/14--171 Carb Day

Week 28:
11/15--173
11/16--
11/17--
11/18--
11/19--
11/20--
11/21--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

2 fried eggs
2 slices of bacon
Fage Greek yogurt with Mio
Water (no Mio added)

Lunch:
Fage Greek yogurt with Mio
Water (no Mio added)

Tea Time:

Dinner:
Steak
Baked beans
Diet Dr. Pepper

Today's Exercise:
2-mile walk around the track, 3 sets of 12 reps each on 5 leg and hip machines and 3 waist machines

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 11-15-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:39 PM   #175  

Jacqui, when I saw your comment to Chickadeee I got all excited and was looking back to see where she posted! I miss her and wonder how she's doing, and I miss Bewildered, too, and am bewildered that she has left us.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 11-15-2015 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:19 PM   #176  

Where is everyone? I am up a lb today but I feel really good. Still no dizzy spells, even when getting in and out of bed. Yay! I ordered a new blood pressure monitor from Amazon and it was shipped yesterday, so I should have it in a few more days. I was reading online for foods that help lower blood pressure and 2 that I had on hand were celery and asparagus, so I ate both of those yesterday and today. I can eat celery with things like PB, cream cheese, or hummus. The asparagus I will get tired of after a few days.

I also did 30 min of exercise, treadmill, elliptical and recumbent bike.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 11-16-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:50 PM   #177  
maintaining since 9/2013

Hi Everyone, I'm in Miami today & back to Calif tomorrow. I have thought if you all so many times your ears must be burning! Cuba was really unforgetable. Wonderful people. More later, running on fumes now, but wanted to say hi.

Lots of catch up to do, but my eye caught your message CAROL. Are you okay?

EDIT Carol glad you figured it out!

Jacqui, Rennie, SMF,PQ, Mossy, and everyone else

Last edited by mars735; 11-16-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:59 PM   #178  

Wannabehealthy glad to see the dizzy spells may be gone. But please see your doc if they come back....nothing to mess with.

Hi everyone else!

Today's menus...

Break - McD's sausage burrito w/mild sauce, ice tea w/stevia
Lunch - leftover pork fajita
Dinner - barbecue bacon cheeseburger w/pickles and onions, no sides
Snack - you guessed it...a delicious skinny whisky sour made with some of Kentucky's finest aged bourbon
Old 11-16-2015, 07:37 PM   #179  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Carol yay on no dizzy spells

mars, I'm glad you're back

Jacqui, SeeMyFeet and PrairieQueen

its's past my bedtime goodnight
Old 11-17-2015, 08:41 AM   #180  

Mars, I'm so glad you're back and happy to hear that you had a good time! There's no place like home. And I'm looking forward to seeing how this thing went between you and Rennie. LOL

I'm still not dizzy. I truly think it was from the nasal congestion. I actually feel great! It was just a fluke that I was feeling that dizziness when the doctor said that it was a sign of the valves getting worse.
Closed Thread