Height: 5"4

Welcome airomatic
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/169/130

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
Hmm...Since we have about 8 weeks, I think my Easter challenge is going to be to shed 25 pounds between Feb 16th (my weigh-in day) and Easter Sunday.

I wish I were "in tune" with this enough to know what size pants that might be...
Hi there! I like your challenge!! I'll go with yours as well! Let's support each other! I also love horses
lcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #18  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

189.6 today, still losing just not as quickly.

I told myself I would cheat if my husband got me something Reese peanut butter and chocolately for Valentines, but he didn't. I was feeling sad but kinda glad because it will keep me on plan. He ended up giving me one of the chocolates I bought him and I savoured it for sooooo long haha. It was small but a whopping 5 carbs.

Starting a new strength training plan for the next four weeks, hope this helps bring the weight down faster My husband has kindly reminded me when the snow goes it will be bear season here and he'll have to get me bear mace if I want to take walks with our daughter. One thing after another huh?
Old 02-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #19  

It's Thursday! That means I've been on plan FOUR DAYS in a row!! Now, if I can make it through the week-end, maybe I'll have good results on my Monday weigh in.

Aud: before I had the babies (4 & 2), my mom and I would go to Branson 3 or 4 time/year. Just to go. We live about 5 hours from there and we love it. I've been thinking about switching up to Nashville (Opryland) since I've had the kids, but I'm waiting till they get a little older. Plus, I don't know as much about Nashville and the unknown makes me nervous!

StephanieM: Isn't it sad how many carbs such a teeny-tiny little piece of chocolate has? Sigh. Thank goodness for the occasional Quest bar!

Hope everyone has no problem staying OP and has a great weigh-in as a result! Still no exercise for me, because I've been working late & it's been cold and rainy (yeah, I know--excuses, excuses). I will get better.

My goal for Monday is to be able to move my tracker from a 43-lb. loss to a 45-lb. loss!!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Morning everyone - thrilled to see so many people here and with such great goals!

The lobster was yummy last night - one of my challenge things is that we are going to be sure to eat at least one seafood meal a week so I guess that counts for this week huh . Next week I think we may see if the market has some wild salmon - then starts mostly local fresh stuff from then on. Been hungry for Wasabi Glazed Salmon for awhile and I serve it with spinach. Soo yummy.

Have got to get a zip up three ring binder holder so I can organize my menu and shopping/sale (maybe even try coupons) area. Um can you tell part of my resolutions for the year is to get more organized in my life and health. Life includes things like house cleaning and organizing - and tossing stuff and giving stuff away and donating things that we haven't used and don't absolutely love. And health is my live-it and exercise (still struggling with that one) and getting more consistent with taking my supplements ... I'm doing my own version of Flylady (much like I do my own version of Atkins/LC diet) so my thoughts are that it may all take time but it will happen and I will learn the new habits to go along with these things as I go along. So all together it falls into my new LIve-it.

Gotta love Linda's recipe site - it's my first go to site for recipes - I'm going to try her White Castle hamburger pie tonight - have knitting tonight at the library so I can make this ahead and it will just need to warm it up when I get home - not sure if hubs will eat at home or at the FD drill tonight.. BTW If you haven't tried the Lasagna Stuffed Peppers do - they are super ...

By the end of tonight's knitting I should have this sock done and starting on sock two. I love knitting toe up socks - easy to cart around - can do it without much thought and quick projects ... Little goals like everything else in my life.

Everyone have a GREAT DAY!
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #21  

Quote:
By the end of tonight's knitting I should have this sock done and starting on sock two. I love knitting toe up socks - easy to cart around - can do it without much thought and quick projects ... Little goals like everything else in my life.
I can crochet socks, but knitting them is beyond me. Anything that takes more than two needles leaves me a confused mass.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #22  
Losing the baby weight

rho, I crochet little socks for my daughter, I love how easy it is!

I think this baby is making me lazy. She's only a month and a half so she's still sleepy all the time but has trouble staying asleep at times. It doesn't help that I'm tired and I know she'll sleep if I hold her. What happens is we end up cuddling and napping together haha. I only get a few hours sleep at night so I know the nap is justified but I really need to get my butt moving.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Aww, Stephanie, she sounds so cute! And I meant to say before, I think it's awesome you've gotten started so fast after she was born. It must be easy to let that go for awhile.

Rho, I have to take a million pills for my various health issues and I keep them all lined up where I can see them. Not terribly attractive but it helps me remember. And it becomes a habit when you take them every night (and morning in my case).

Yay for four days in a row 4myloves! I hope you have great loss on monday (btw, I always read that as "amyloves")

I'm sleeping over at the museum with the brownies tonight, should be fun but I'm a bit apprehensive about not getting any sleep after the week I've had at work. They are getting pizza and a donut for dinner (!) but I can't eat either since I'm gluten intolerant, so I've made chicken curry with veges and I'll eat at work before I leave to meet them. I have some little salami sticks too, they were a good find at the supermarket, hope they are tasty. It was hard thinking of snacks that were low carb, gluten free, didn't require refrigeration and didn't have nuts (two of the girls have allergies) or dairy (I'm experimenting with dairy free, though still eating butter and not fussing about trace amounts)
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 186/169/130

Height: 5"6

This was my first week on high protein - no carb - Atkins - and I feel great....but I do miss bread! LOL! Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels thou eh!!!
lcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #25  

Glad you're feeling good Lcard! Isn't it great?

If you miss bread, the muffin in a minute (MIM) made with ground flax is really good. More cake-like even than bread :-)

Just one thing... Atkins isn't really high protein, it's adequate protein. Bizarre as it feels at first, we get most of our calories from fat :-) If you tell people high protein they'll freak out at you about kidney problems, but I've found when I eat low carb I'm not eating anymore protein than I did previously.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:24 AM   #26  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to read along (HI ALL!) before I pass out . . . and want to add seafood to my goal now--at LEAST once a week, and more when I can. Already getting stuck in beef/pork ideas only.

A co-worker and I joined a six-month "fitness challenge" at work today . . . we're trying to win humongous flat screen tv"s . . not sure of the details other than we weighed in and a trainer gave us routines to do in the weight room . . . we're shooting for M/W & TH work outs.

Been so busy . . . seems like OT on nite shift is harder than days?
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #27  
Losing the baby weight

AnaBee, I have issues with gluten too! I cut it out for a year and I found it really helped with the weight loss. That's why I like Atkins, you don't have to worry about eating wheat, barley or rye. When I was pregnant it stopped bugging me and a few weeks after having her I started getting an upset stomach and diarrhea again. Going back to Atkins has made me feel so much better.

So guess what I got in the mail from my mom yesterday? A box FULL of chocolate and baked goods. And you know what was among them? My chocolate peanut butter Reese heart that I coveted for Valentines day but my husband did not get me. I gave it all away to my husband but kept the heart for myself.

And you know what happened? I ate it. And I feel horrible! I woke up with pain in my tummy, had diarrhea and now today I have a major carb hangover. I can't believe I used to eat like this, the hangover is a sign it's just not good for me. I weighed 190.0 today as well. I'm staying on plan going forward, no more treats or anything. I can do this if I stick to it and push myself.

I added a pic of my daughter with my husband for you guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dddynddughter.jpg (25.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #28  

Aww, she is such a cutie, Stephanie, thanks for the picture!!! Awwww!

Gluten free is the best, I'd really encourage you to stick with if for life, if you've noticed how different you feel. I tested negative to celiac but I'd read a lot about the neurological effects of gluten and I wondered about my terrible balance (I've spent years walking into walls and my chiropractor discovered I was unable to stand with my feet together and my eyes closed and that's apparently not a good test to fail). Not only did my stomach problems go away within a few days of going gluten free, over a period of 6 months of being super strict my balance issues resolved too. If I accidently get a crumb now, I get terrible stomach pains, and if I get traces over a period of days the balance problems come back and can be so bad I have to have time off work. I live alone so I can be fine for most of the time, but travelling is really hard and so is eating out if you don't research first.

So I am firmly convinced that gluten is completely evil! No matter how I struggle with my weight, I know I'll never eat it again. I didn't really lose weight going gluten free, but it does make it easier to stick to better eating (since there's practically nothing I can eat at work morning teas or fast food) and having more energy really helped too.

I spent the night at the museum with our Brownie unit (girl scouts). It was super fun but I am so tired! I ate before I went (at about 5.30pm) and then not again until 8am this morning. I felt really lean this morning, I'm going to try and eat earlier on other days this week.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Oh so many things to try to respond to .. First Stephanie Awwww what a cutie and dad is so in love with her already you can tell.. Ohhh sorry on the issues from the candy .. But write down how you feel somewhere so if you are tempted again you can refer back to it.

Ana - Night at the museum - that sounds like fun - what type of museum was it?

aud - keep us up in the fitness challenge so we can throw our encouragement in how cool would it be to win?!?

You guys who crochet are the amazing ones that baffles me - although one of the women at our group did a skirt that I got the pattern for - all double crochet so I think by the time I do it (when I do it) I will have double crochet down by the end... I want to lose some more before I do it though.

Knitting socks is great - I do toe up and it's just knit knit knit then a few increases then some decreases for the heel and knit knit knit for the top and knit and purl for the cuff.. The only thing that might change is if I want to play with a pattern on the leg portion. Great car knitting to keep my mind off traffic lol. And I don't need a pattern for plain ones so if we are traveling and I see a yarn store I can get trip yarn for the memories... Cause yarn for socks isn't much...yay! Oh and I don't do 4 double pointed needles - that is so far beyond me it's not funny although a friend does - I do one circular needles that has a looong cord and just sort of loop it.. In fact it's called magic loop ..

Welcome ICard the cravings get better honestly..

Last edited by rho1640; 02-17-2012 at 06:32 PM.
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #30  
Losing the baby weight

AnaBee, I do feel so good when I eliminate gluten from my diet. I felt so good I started exercising almost every day, it was great! I tested negative for Celiac as well but decided to cut it out based on how I was feeling. I believe I have an intolerance and if I had little bits of it it wouldn't bother me but that was almost never.

Rho, thanks! He does adore her. It's his second daughter and he's such a good dad.

I did write down what I did in my journal, I fully expect my weight to stall for a week due to this cheat until my body goes back into ketosis. I've been eating really well for the past two days

189.8 today, think I'll be bouncing around this number for a few more days.

Last edited by StephanieM; 02-18-2012 at 11:50 AM.