Old 02-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Default Easter Challenge

So .... I thought we should move the challenge thread over to this forum - I was thinking that maybe people not doing strict Atkins might feel odd posting in a challenge on the Atkins forum. And hoping to bring more folks into the challenge since more people equals more fun.

The challenge can be whatever you decide it should be - it can be a specific amount of weight - or days totally on whatever variation of the plan you are doing - or a combination of both. Just remember to make the goal something that you can attain maybe something that will stretch your resolve a bit but something do-able. If you set a weight goal and surpass it that is great. You can always add a few pounds more to your goal..

So the dates of the Challenge will be Wednesday February 15 thru Sunday April 8th 2012 -

Come on in and join - it makes it fun and reading and posting here daily helps keep me going ..
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #2  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Hmm...Since we have about 8 weeks, I think my Easter challenge is going to be to shed 25 pounds between Feb 16th (my weigh-in day) and Easter Sunday.

I wish I were "in tune" with this enough to know what size pants that might be...
GemIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #3  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I was thinking of setting a goal of 15 lbs... but now that I think about how it is 8 weeks I want to raise it to 20 just to motivate myself to exercise more. I won't be heartbroken if I lose only 15
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

I'm still thinking about my goal. I've had such a frustrating few months, with my christmas gain being utterly unlosable in January and February's loses have been so slooooooooooooooooooow.

I think my goals are:
- stay on plan each day
- walk the equivalent of 45 mins per day (.e. 315 minutes total for the week) but can divide up over the week however I please.
- get 7 hours sleep minimum per night.

If I do this, the weight loss should take care of itself.
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #5  
For my future self!

S/C/G: 187/179/150

Height: 5'4

Challenge accepted! LOL. I'm new to the site and new a kick in the butt; I need to lose some weight. I'm not sure what I should make my goal. It took me six months to lose ten pounds. I'm sure what I can achieve in eight weeks. I will shoot for ten and see where this takes me.
VioletBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #6  

Violet, LOL at your name, we're twins!

Welcome!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Yay let's all try to check in at least once a day!

We are doing our Valentines dinner tonight instead of last night - we've been doing lots of work in the house and yesterday was washing curtains - I am sooo allergic to dust and had such a reaction to it yesterday that I said why have lobster when you can't fully enjoy it. I was feeling a bit sad that I didn't get a card from hubs and then we were delaying dinner and then thought about my dear friend who was coming home from vacation alone yesterday because her husband died on that vacation and realized how lucky and blessed I was to have hubs around to help even without a card ...

Another thing I am challenging myself to during this time is sitting down with sales flyers and planning my shopping and menu for the week and sticking to it. I usually would plan so many chicken so many beef so many pork dinners then wing it in what recipe I was going to use --- But I'm going to work on figuring it all out at once and be sure that I have everything on hand so I don't have to do emergency runs to the grocery store
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #8  

Count me in for the challenge. My goal is to stay OP, taking it one-day-at-a-time. I'd also like to get some exercise in, since it's starting to say light later (and time does change in March ).

We're going to Branson the last week-end in April, so I think my Easter Challenge weight-wise goal will be to fit into a tight size 16 so I can shop at some "normal" size stores while we're there--If I can stick to my WOE and get in some exercise, I should be able to!

Last edited by 4myloves; 02-15-2012 at 09:56 AM.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #9  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

189.8, already easing in to the challenge!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #10  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Had my "Beginning of Easter Challenge" weigh in this morning - I have lost exactly 20 lbs. since 1/14/12!
I AM proud of myself. I now weigh 258.6 and my goal is to weigh 233.6 or less by Easter!

Happy HumpDay!

One for each 5 lbs that have "left the building!"

Mini-Goals:
Started Ideal Protein Diet on 1/14/12 w/ over 100 lbs to lose (278.6).
Goal 1: Lose 20 lbs (258.6) ~ 2/15/12 ~
My Reward: Electrolysis for eyebrows and upper lip!
20% of the way there – YeeHaw!
Goal 2: EASTER CHALLENGE ~ Drop 25 lbs (233.6 or better)between 2/15 & Easter (4/8/2012)
GemIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #11  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi All! Psyched and ready to go!

It's my night shift "morning" and just weighed in to see I finally got my "whooosh!" Funny what staying OP will do for a girl? A day late for the VDay weigh in - but hey - I'll take it!

I've got to slurp some more coffee before setting a goal . . . want to be realistic but just not awake enough.

Think it's a great idea that we've moved over from Atkins - it IS motivating to see and read along with everyone here!

The "breading" we used in the fry daddy for the chicken and later the fish strips was essentially pork rinds pounded to a powder mixed with parmesan. Seasoned a bit differently for each meat---like old bay for the fish and paprika for the chicken (with garlic and onion powder etc in both . . . DH added red pepper flakes for a bite to his chicken) - they just turned out awesome looking and yum. I also made an induction friendly cheesecake . . . got it cut up in tiny squares and ready to snack on when tempted to cheat.

Going broke buying half and half and heavy whipping cream for sure tho.

Will come back and post goals . . . love the ones on here already . . . sensible and "food for thought?"

Last edited by aud; 02-15-2012 at 02:58 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #12  
aud
lc lifestyle

At this point, thinking I just gotta go for it. . . . and having been this heavy before, I know this is the time that the most actual weight will come off in big numbers so am going for 30lbs by Easter Morning . . . with mini goal half of that at the halfway St. Pats. The closer I get to 200 is when the weight will come off more slowly . . .

*Stay on Induction
*Exercise (walking or biking) on days off
*Office stuff OR floor exercise when watching tv (I've got literally BAGS of filing stored that I need to go through--remnants of the last time I was in office) Clutter is really bad for my overall state of mind, ya know?

Dreamt of lobster last nite rho . . . was it great? Tx so much for starting this one up!

I wanted to make a goal to journal like you steph, but think I will just come here and post daily to stay accountable, for now. If I run into problems, I do have a diary type book I can start logging. I weigh daily like you do as well, just cuz I need the focus at the beginning.

Congrats on the loss gem . . . I grew up with horses and ponies.

Branson is a day trip away for me here, 4my, and my niece (adult) and her fam have the season pass . . . so not sure why I haven't been there in years lol . . . great goal! We are tentatively planning a NYC trip in July with same niece . . . she said its a LOT of walkwalkwalking . . . definitely not ready for that yet!

Really like your goals anabee . . . love your spirit and how you keep at it. We can do this!

CYA all after the nite shift . . .
Old 02-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

ETA: Hi and Welcome to our nuBee>Violetbee! I think you will love 3fc and the motivation to be found here - awesome folks.

Here's the cheesecake I'm keeping handy . . . just knowing I have it in the fridge is keeping me from feeling "deprived" as skinny Hub scarfs all the half-price Vday candy I got him in the Wee hours last nite/Walgreens:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheesecake_squares.html

CHEESECAKE SQUARES
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2-3/4 cup Da Vinci sugar free syrup, vanilla flavor
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, then the remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour into a buttered 8x8" baking pan. Bake 350º 50-60 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and the cheesecake is golden brown on top. Cool completely before cutting; chill well before serving.

Makes 9 servings
Freezing not recommended

Per Serving: 204 Calories; 20g Fat; 5g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

Linda says> "I used 1/2 cup syrup and it was only mildly sweet. I served it with Splenda sweetened raspberries as shown in the photo. This was pretty good, but has a bit of an eggy taste. Serve without the berries for induction."
Old 02-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #14  

Hi everyone! Stayed on (my) plan yesterday, yay. I'm out of flax again and I'm not going to buy any for a while as I think it ups my calories too much, it's quite calorie-dense and then I add a tonne of butter... This morning for breakfast I had coconut milk with protein powder and half a splenda packet...sounds weird but quite tasty. I guess technically it's a shake but I have it in a bowl with a spoon because bowls are easier to wash than the shaker thing. I used to find shakes made me hungry, but coconut milk is super filling (all that fat!) and it does a better job of cutting the protein powder taste (I get the plain protein powder).

Still feel super bloated from TOM... even my ankles swell!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/264/165

Height: 5'8

Hey all I am new to this site and ready to jump back on the Atkins wagon after falling off 4 months ago due to a back injury. I am hoping a challenge is the motivation I need to make it past the initial carb withdrawal and stay on track. I have two goals: lose 15 pounds by Easter and start exercising at least twice a week.
airomatic is offline   Reply With Quote