UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-12-2005, 03:03 PM   #1  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Default Easter challenge for us wonderful FCUKers :)

OK girls... I'll start the Easter challenge off... now I know it's SIX weeks away (thanks Cat) so we're off... I pledge to lose TEN POUNDS of FAT!!!!!

It can be done, I've done it before... so here goes... watch this space....

and please could someone join me... I'd hate to do this alone
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #2  
Gym'll fix it!!

It was Veggie not me Chris Anyway, I'm with ya and i'll go for ten pounds too I'm DESPERATE! now i've got my 'new' exercise machine rigged up i've no excuse have I?
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 04:20 PM   #3  

ill join with you both, if i can lose 10lbs that will be me to an exact 5 stone loss, so it will be a HUGE milestone for me
when exactly it easter????? i have an 18th birthday on the 1st of april and were doing italian mmmmm
tootoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 05:17 PM   #4  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Friday is March 25th so you can lose 10lbs and then go for a pig out
Old 02-12-2005, 06:47 PM   #5  

I'll pledge eight! Good Friday is a good deadline, perhaps the Easter Bunny would be allowed to leave me one Cadbury Creme Egg, it's killing me walking past them in the shops, they are the one "trashy" chocolate item I adore!!! (I can normally keep my chocolate cravings at bay with one small square of 70% chocolate every couple of days)
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:59 AM   #6  
Slow and steady

[QUOTE=cat90]It was Veggie not me Chris

Sorry Cat

I think I've got some serious damage done to me head ya know.... Can't count, don't hear, don't know who is talking to me on a thread....

Right, the challenge starts when Cat puts down the last bounty... and wipes the crumbs off of her bike.... so MONDAY MORNING........ IT BEGINS!

Anyone else joining? Come on you FCUKers....... lets show em how it's done
Old 02-13-2005, 05:23 AM   #7  

Yup, I'm definately a FCUKer . Well, I did intend to get down to 12st 7lb for Easter, but V day got in the way. I guess I'll have to give it a go...
taichilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:54 AM   #8  

ill go easy on myself and say five ,wait a minute id better go and see what i weigh just now ........................ oops
should be 10 but heck i am pregnant so ill stick to 5
thanks veggie
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 01:23 PM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

Oh Chris what a bunch of wonderful FCUK'ers! we are Bounties are all gone as of yesterday so no temptation left for me apart from some licorice and thats no temptation is it Can't wait to see Oprah tomorrow she has some weightloss success stories on her show and on one clip it shows "A Body" from the neck down and its horrible like a sharpei all hanging flesh (before the surgeons got to them) then she'll have the reveal can't wait to see what they look like now! I might be wrong but I think its a couple who have lost 500lbs between them, Chris and I will let you know after the show
Old 02-13-2005, 02:46 PM   #10  
Slow and steady

OK FCUKers... we're on. Monday the 14th Feb (tomorrow.. V Day... is the official date of our staart of the Easter challenge

We can do it! I have faith in us all. We need to remember to write our food intake down, exercise more and give each other, via this thread the support we'll need.

I figure if we can start tomorrow when all those lovely chocs are around, it will show our self control In fact, not that I'm expecting any chocs from anyone who loves me.. but if I did get some, I'm going to ask them to take them back to where they came, or eat them themselves... and reward me at Easter WHEN I've lost ten pounds.. with something new to wear or something healthy....
Old 02-13-2005, 03:19 PM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Oh Blimey! Only six weeks to Easter..?? I'd better get off my butt and do some college work !

I'll also go for 10lbs, so that'll be 11st 4lbs. I'd settle for 11st 7lbs but I'm trying to be there for March 5th. We'll see!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:48 AM   #12  
Slow and steady

HI girls.... Ok, it's nearly nine o'clock in the morning and I"M READY The challenge is on.

I read the Oprah thingy, will give it a go... not quite sure if I'm here 'spiritually' as Oprah put it, but I loved the comment that we're fat, cos we don't give ourselves enough time, cos we're too busy looking after everyone else... I would agree on that.

So Happy Valentines ladies, hope you get some mushy snogs... if you get the chocs though, DON'T eat em.... be STRONG!!!

I'm off to drink a glass of water now Flush the fat out.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:31 PM   #13  

ONE FCKUER READY AND REPORTING FOR START OF CHALLENGE!

yip im ready...........as ill ever be..............DH behaved and didnt get me chocolates, i think he is starting to come round to the idea that im serious this time(almost 5 st later) he has even begun to compliment me!!!! now thats something that is taking getting used to

so heres to the start of banishing another 10lbs
GOOD LUCK TO FELLOW FCUKERS

Last edited by tootoot; 03-17-2005 at 07:17 AM.
tootoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:43 PM   #14  
Gym'll fix it!!

LOL @ Toot Yep one more FCUKer reporting in this ones bum is getting decidedly numb don't know how long i've been on this bloody bike because I stopped to put new batteries in the display thing and now i've FCUKed it up its only counting the minutes now I came on when Frasier was on so it must be about an hour now Aaaargh! Pins and Needles are getting unbearable now so I think i'll be getting off as soon as i've posted
Old 02-15-2005, 12:59 AM   #15  
Slow and steady

Hi fellow FCUKers

I'm happy to announce that I've had a fab day. I'm well within points, have decided not to follow Oprahs 12 weeks to the letter with her foods as I can't do without the 'white' stuff. I have drunk? drank? drinked? :LOL: all my water, have been to curves, done my weights and walked with the dogs and I'm feeling pretty bloody awesome

Well done on the bike Cat... hope the pins and needles have subsided by now, must mean your bum is bony!

I was impressed with Oprah's show, the guy who lost five hundred pounds was amazing. And what she said, made a lot of sense to me. I really like the idea that she says when you WANT to do this weight loss, the word you need to use is your DECISION.... we DECIDE what WE want... and she hit the nail on the head for me.

OK, here's to another successful day tomorrow FCUKers....