Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #481  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBMW View Post
I made pizza last night with Joseph's low carb oat bran, flax, and whole wheat pita pockets. I brushed it with olive oil, sprinkled a little parmesan cheese and italian seasoning on it and baked it for 10 min. to crisp up the crust. Then I used low carb pizza sauce, pizza cheese, mushroom and pepperoni and baked again till cheese was melted. YUMMY.
There's an idea, low carb pita bread. I've bought the Joseph's pita bread before, but stopped buying it because it was so darned thin I couldn't stuff it with my usual ingredients without it falling apart. So maybe instead of stuffing the bread, I'll try using it just for pizza.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Still feeling cruddy and decided I am having a total carb fest comfort food day tomorrow - a week of this bug is enough I need comfort ... Tuesday back on the wagon.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #483  

S/C/G: 236/212/190

Height: 5'5"

Rho, sorry you're feeling cruddy. From my own experience, sometimes a carb fest (comfort food) helps, but then afterward ends up making me feel worse. As long as it's a conscious decision and I decide not to feel guilty, I'm fine. It may take a little longer to reach goal, but that's fine too.

BTW, no weight loss for me again this week. Or I should say no more weight loss. I had too many carbs last weekend, but not a blowout, and saw the scale go up. It has now come back down and I'm back where I started with no new net loss. I'm doing fine though, one day at a time. Patience and perseverance.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #484  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shareli View Post
Rho, sorry you're feeling cruddy. From my own experience, sometimes a carb fest (comfort food) helps, but then afterward ends up making me feel worse. As long as it's a conscious decision and I decide not to feel guilty, I'm fine. It may take a little longer to reach goal, but that's fine too.

BTW, no weight loss for me again this week. Or I should say no more weight loss. I had too many carbs last weekend, but not a blowout, and saw the scale go up. It has now come back down and I'm back where I started with no new net loss. I'm doing fine though, one day at a time. Patience and perseverance.
I know it will take me another year at least to get to where I want to be so a few more days won't matter overall . I left a message at the doctors office trying to get in today - that's how bad I feel .. I'm coughing up colorful gunk (technical term) and my cheek bones, ears, eyes and teeth even hurt..along with the left side of my neck from the ear down and my chest and throat from coughing so much .... I need comfort for a day hubs will call the doctors office back in a few minutes because they haven't returned my call and he thinks they might not have understood it since I was coughing between every word...

I want tomato soup with saltines crumbled in it and Mac and cheese - both are my sick foods from when I was a kiddo - oh so many years ago. The only times I ate them in fact.

You are back to where you were before the weekend treats - now this week you will get down to new lows
Old 04-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #485  

So I had my tomato soup and saltines and didn't even finish it and it didn't taste good either so I may not have the Mac and cheese - and since I only like it from one local deli he may not even have any later in the day.

Ended up with seeing doctor got 2 shots and pills - this dr is great but he is the same age as hubs and may be retiring soon - he doesn't give antibiotics like other doctors do now days he only does it if he feels it is called for and even says make chicken soup to help. Old time dr that took over his fathers practice and actually makes you well when you go to see him - doesn't want you to come back a week later feeling just as bad or to check you out. He only sees 35 patients a day - and spends time with each one ... I will be very sad when he retires ;(

So hubs went out and stopped at the deli remembering I said I wanted the Mac and cheese and bought me some so I did have it - no way was I ruining his good deed - I figured he would forget- he normally would so the fact that he remembered what I said and did it is big . Back on tomorrow and good lesson learned - between us it wasn't even that good ... Memories make things seem much better in our minds ... So I won't be tempted again by those things

Last edited by rho1640; 04-16-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Edited to add info later
Old 04-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 177/160/130 to 125

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 in

Rho, sorry you are feeling so bad and it is taking you so long to get over your crud ... I hate being sick, and a lot people in my building have been sick off and on for months. I keep taking my ziacam, and so far so good. It has taken me awhile to get back into exercising and all it takes is one little thing for me to bail usually, I am crossing my fingers that I can keep all the flu & cold bugs away.

I am feeling muscles that I haven't used in years with the kettle bell classes and I like that everyone is at their own level. They don't push you to force anything. I feel like I am slowly getting the hang of it and hopefully I am not too much of a klutz

I told the instructor that I am really dislexic (sp?)when it comes to exercises, I am always going the opposite way or I have my arm up when it is supposed to be down ,LOL. I just wish the classes started a little earlier, as it is too far for me to go all the way home, so I drag everything to work, hang out there till 5:30, change and then go to class at about 6:00. Makes for a long day, as I usually get up early to also get in 30 minutes on the treadmill before work on the two days that I am going to classes.

Well, it has been a long day, sorry about the rambling post,
Night all,

Lisa

Last edited by LBBUGS13; 04-16-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #487  

S/C/G: 237/216.8/160

Height: 5'3"

forgot to check in this week I'm down another pound. It is slow going, but I am happy about that. I think if I go slow two things will happen. 1. I will not be so saggy skinned, and 2. maybe I won't regain the weight like I have done many times before. I really don't feel deprived and I love the food I am making.
Rho, I hope you are feeling better.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #488  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

I really agree with rho1640 about taking days off plan when necessary. I am not going to "get there" anytime soon. If I don't take some days off along the way; I may never get there at all! After Easter I did have bloat most of the week. But, by Friday it was gone and I was down a little under two pounds. In my mind it was worth it to celebrate the holiday the way I wanted to and the way the rest of the family did.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #489  
LLV

Been doing some reading and found a couple of really good articles about carbs...

http://www.nocarbfoodsdiet.com/cut-d...o-lose-weight/

http://blisstree.com/eat/nutrition/w...ou-skinny-189/
Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #490  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV View Post
Been doing some reading and found a couple of really good articles about carbs...

http://www.nocarbfoodsdiet.com/cut-d...o-lose-weight/

http://blisstree.com/eat/nutrition/w...ou-skinny-189/
Those look good - I'm saving the pages to read again later .. Brain not quite functioning at full speed yet.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #491  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rho1640 View Post
Those look good - I'm saving the pages to read again later .. Brain not quite functioning at full speed yet.
I don't think mine ever functions at full speed
Old 04-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #492  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposssa View Post
I really agree with rho1640 about taking days off plan when necessary. I am not going to "get there" anytime soon. If I don't take some days off along the way; I may never get there at all! After Easter I did have bloat most of the week. But, by Friday it was gone and I was down a little under two pounds. In my mind it was worth it to celebrate the holiday the way I wanted to and the way the rest of the family did.

I am the same I need that once a week cheat/ break or I could never stick with it. I just make sure it doesn't turn into a bail on the program binge for a week or more. I may lose slower, but I can handle the long haul much better.

Lisa
Old 04-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #493  

Hi all,

Posting before I get to the exercise this morning. Changed my weigh in day to saturday as that is when I have my cheat at dinner (red wine). I still stick to protein & a veggie for dinner. I figured it gave me a little exta time to lose and I was down two pounds this morning, it was at zip yesterday morning.

LLV, will check out those links later today, thanks for posting those.

AJMBW, awesome job on the 2 pounds lost

Rho, hope you are finally on the mend and feeling better.

Finally got my timeline to work, only 5 more pounds and I will be where I was at last May when I lost 25 pounds and then gained most of it back, stopped myself before I had gotten too far up the scale. Still mad at myself for that one. Was just stupid after quitting the meal delivery and not making up my mind as to where to go from there. Finally decided to do low carb on my own plan.

Everyone enjoy your weekend, we are supposed to finally have some sun after a week of all rain.

Lisa

Last edited by LBBUGS13; 04-21-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #494  

Hi,

Wow looks like everyone is busy. Well, today is weighin day, just about to jump on the treadmill and swing some kettle bells. Down two pounds so I am right on track. Treating myself to a pedicure later and maybe a new pair of sandals I have my eye on.

Everyone have a great weekend,

Lisa
Old 04-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #495  

S/C/G: 237/216.8/160

Height: 5'3"

Not been doing as well as I would like. Went up 2.5 lbs while eating on program. Weighted today and am back down 1 lb. Maybe I need to stop snacking on nuts. Maybe they are too salty? Calories have been real good though so I am not sure what is going on. Oh well keep on keeping on.
Closed Thread