Old 01-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #1  

Default Well, count me in!

Abandoning the Points+ ship as I continue to maintain/gain when I really need to lose 20 lbs. I have given it the full shot, jumped in from the beginning (threw all my stuff away!!) and I find myself discouraged and disgruntled! So, because Momentum worked before, I went and bought a starter kit on ebay and as soon as it arrives, I will change back. I will continue to go to my meetings, because, while the name of the game has changed, the over all intent has not and that is to seek support and accountability on my journey. If anyone is looking for a recipe builder that will, given accurate information, give you the nutrition breakdown for recipes that you can then figure Points for, try BigOven.com. I like to do alot of my own cooking and I don't like the recipe builder on the WW site anyway, and it won't give correct point counts if I go back.
AZGypsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the tip about BigOven.com!! I also do alot of my own cooking at home. This time last year I signed up for Weight Watchers agian after having had success with the early Flex points system in the past. I had lost 42lbs, but gained it all back due to a number of things. I figured I'd give the new Points+ system a shot. Not for me!! I also got very discouraged, I would gain every week or only lose a couple of ounces. Very frustrating! I started the old Flex plan this past Monday and on Friday's weigh in (I weigh in at home) I had lost 4lbs!! I'm sticking to what works for me!! Good luck!!!
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/154/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Gypsie and Vixxi,

I'm just starting over too. I did WW in 2004 and for a few years lost 20 pounds and maintained on Lifetime. Then I regained it plus more in the past 2. I tried PP but couldn't lose. So I did like you. I bought the tools and journals I needed to go back on Flex or Momentum and have been journaling now a week and tracking points. It's good to be back on the old program. It's like wearing an old shirt! Look forward to progress this time. But I need to be very patient. I'm 55, past menopause. I lost half my thyroid a few years ago to a surgery and since then I've been hypo thyroid and it's been really really difficult to lose. But I am determined to do it even slowly. I need to remember this patience. Cause I love being on the program and I start eating better and I'd like to stay on it this time for the long term.

Love and good luck to all!

Sitagange35
Sitagange35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #4  

Hello! I am starting back on momentum after being off ww for a couple of years. I had 2 babies 18 months apart (son is 2 and daughter 10 months) and now that I am finally not nursing, it's time to get this weight off! I loved momentum before, and haven't heard the greatest thing about the new plan, so decided to stay with what I knew would work.
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I'm back on Momentum as of yesterday. Just seems simpler to me and I did better on it. This is day 2 for me and I'm enjoying it just like I did before. Wish I had never switched to P+.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #6  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile I love the old plan too

I'm just checking in to keep myself accountable. on day 2 of my 5-day trip to see my boyfriend. So far, so good. Today is hunny's birthday and we went to his fave pizza place for lunch. Counted my points and stayed on plan. Yay! Getting some exercise too but looking forward to getting back into my fitness routine. I expected to miss my pool like crazy but I never thought I would miss my treadmill. I guess I have a love/HATE relationship with my treadmill.

Today was weigh day and I'm down another pound! YAY! Glad I brought my own scale with me on this trip. Only 5 more pounds till I make my first mini goal which I was really hoping to meet before August 1st. I think I can do it!

Mini goals:
*to get down to 312 lbs by the end of July
*to get below 300 by the end of August
*to get to 290 by Sept 17th (40 pound loss from starting weight in 90 days time
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #7  

I, too, lost on the old plan but when they switched to the PP program my weight loss stopped. I gained and lost the same 3 lb. over and over for six months. I got discouraged and quit. I have regained the weight I lost. I just dug out all my old materials (thank goodness I didn't throw them away like many have done) and am ready to start again tomorrow. I will be checking in here often.
swoozy is offline   Reply With Quote