Old 04-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #46  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Manick - WOW I would never be able to go without meat for that long!!! I'm not even a big meat person. I don't eat red meat or fish (except canned tuna because I've never had an allergic reaction to that). I hear you on those get-togethers. I have the same problem sometimes. I actually reached my 162 goal back in September but I've gained a few back *pats stomach*. Time to get it off!

lizzy - Yup I changed it! Time to let go of winter Its spring! Yes, leukemia can be scary. The form I have (CML) is the only form that they have medication available for, which is why I didn't need a transplant. Although if the medication ever stops working (and it can happen) I'm happy to say that my younger brother is a perfect match. My brother might not be too happy about it though I was diagnosed in May of 2006, so I'm coming up on my 2 year anniversary of that. I went into remission in October of 2006 (very fast, it was caught really early) and have been there ever since. I still worry about it, but not nearly as much as I used to. I came to the realization that I just have to enjoy my life while I have it. I can't spend it worrying about what "might" happen, you know? In fact, my life changed so much because of my diagnosis, I turned into such a different person... I don't think I'd change any of it to tell you the truth.

Last edited by modkittn; 04-24-2008 at 07:35 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #47  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

Ohhh Faerie...where are youuu???

Jaime: Congrats on getting through school!!! I'm incredibly jealous. Haha. I unfortunately had to let my classes go this semester due to my "situation."

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly: Hope you made it through the storms last night okay!! The light show was SPECTACULAR though.

S: I feel ya when it comes to the cleaning thing. I really need to get to the gym...:-/

I was weighed at the doctor. I gained 13 lbs back! OH NO! Ha.

I came to a decision today. I cancelled my WW account for financial reasons. I decided that this isn't going to be a complete race for me to lose weight but I'm just going to do everything right...and weigh in at my doctor's office since I'm going through all of this crap with my medication. I'll be visiting him regularly anyways. I know alot of the whole Weight Watchers experience is indeed the meetings but at the moment I really can't afford the money or the time for it. I'm still following the program...because I have all of the necessary materials and as far as support goes, I have all of you guys!

I started Lexapro yesterday. So far so good I'm supposing. It's only been one day. I had a nice little lecture from my doctor about quitting my medicine cold turkey. Because of my history and how I reacted to the medication, I get the lovely privelage of seeing a psychiatrist becuase of it. Lamme. Oh well. Apparently I need a psych analysis to make sure I'm okay. I'm really not looking forward to that.

I let the other two classes go. Unfortunately, I couldn't drop them so I have to take the fail. I'm going to spend this summer getting healthy..mentally and physically. Next semester holds new beginings and I think it'll be better when the summer is over. I just need rest and I need to get my act together.

Sorry for the rambling! I hope everyone's having a good day!

Last edited by THE Heather; 04-24-2008 at 09:08 PM.
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:39 PM   #48  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Shrink, I am amazed that you know what Orthodox Christianity is thanks for the mantra encouragement! No more fasts for awhile now, but yeah...they do come along. I could eat healthier of course, that would be the ideal, but it is hard when "depriving" yourself. I tend to eat a lot of Thai foods. Monday night DH asked me if he could bring me anything and I caved...said yes, something bad....like fries from !! I was sorta kidding but he DID and I had a few points left so you can imagine the rest

Mod, Good for you for getting right back to it! I did not when I met my goal in 2003...the 5 pound creep happened about 5 pounds at a time...and...well, I am more than a few over!! Oh yeah, confronting a buffet table loaded of absolutely gourmet stuff, always a challenge for foodies...but, life is full of celebrations so I've got to get a handle on my bigger goals!
Nice attitude on the health challenges you've faced; inspiring! You'll be a good example to little ones...
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:13 PM   #49  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Just a quick note to say Hi All!! Welcome to Flex, Mod, best of luck with your plans and hopes.

Suite, I always wanted to go to the Keys, my friend just went on a little cruise, I think it was 3 days to Bermuda, sometimes they have last minute deals that are inexpensive, also Travelocity has last minute weekend deals to all kinds of different places, you might want to check that out for ideas.

Gotta get some beauty sleep, it takes me so long to catch up on reading, I don't have time to post. It's interesting reading the exchange betw Manick and Shrink, happy holidays!

Faerie, wherever you are...

Welcome back, Heather, sounds like you have a good plan for getting things back on track. Get healthy, not stressed.

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:30 PM   #50  
Made of Starstuff

Ack! Everyone!!!!

So much has been going on, and I'll be reading everything soon!

I won't bore you all with details, but I was sick since like Saturday night and was taking care of myself. AND THEN! (Oh yeah, there's an "and then".) I woke up late for work this morning... feeling better, going to go in... and I'm about to leave when I realized I actually woke up late... FOR JURY DUTY!

Gah! So stuff stuff stuff! Anyway, I've truly missed everyone greatly! I'll be reading up and getting back into writing ASAP!

More
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #51  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

FAERIE! TACKLE HUG

I'm glad you're feeling better!!

THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #52  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkinglizzy View Post

B -- you sure have a lot of Tstorms! Good luck making it through the day!

s

Yes we do! This is the season of severe storms for us! and Tornado alley! Always an interesting spring time here!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:09 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Not a lot of time to post, i'm on my way to an all day "leadership conference" which I imagine will be boring as all get-out, especially on this beautiful day when I'd rather be outside. But I think I'd kick myself if I didn't go, and I'm thinking of diggin out my bike and taking that instead of driving...

but faerie -- so glad to see you!!

everyone else, no time for personals, but much love!!

s
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:14 AM   #54  

Height: 5'7"

I have a super busy day today (project due by the end of the day at work) so not much time right now, just wanted to say hi to Faerie real quick! Glad to see you're alive!

I'll get back with everyone else later... Gotta do a little meal planning then finish up my project (on the exciting world of pharmacogenomics).
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:12 AM   #55  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I worked for almost 12 hours yesterday! Got home and was exhausted and starving. I just had a small bowl of some high fiber cereal and soy milk. Not too bad, only 2 points. Then I watched LOST, which was awesome. AWESOME. Oh BTW, did I mention that I LOVE LOST?

Heather - I was on Lexapro once. It did help with the depression, but it also made me gain weight. It is also one of those medications they wean you off of slowly instead of having you just stop it.

Manick - Yes I did that whole weight creeping up until you were as heavy as you were when you started thing once before and I refuse to do it again!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Mod -- major Lostie here, too. though, i'm not the type who takes part in all the theorizing and whatnot. Just look forward to Thursday nights, take what they give, and leave it at that. Though I must say, this 10 pm start time is NOT working for me!! I was fighting to stay up!! But more to the poitn, good job on choosing low point dinner even when starving!!

Suite -- good luck with your project. Hey, you gotta do what pays, right??

Well, I'm at this leadership conference, just taking a lunch break, but it is so nice outside, and I think I'm going to ditch the afternoon. I was kinda falling asleep during the morning. I mean, it's good stuff, but my head is so flooded with ME ME ME that it's hard to focus on how to change the world. And I think I'll just be OK with that for now.

Suite -- I know this might be a dreaded question, but what are you planning to do now that you have your master's?

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:40 PM   #57  
Made of Starstuff

Did someone say Lost? >_>... <_<... ^_^... I <3 me some Lost!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:52 PM   #58  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

I love Lost too!
I'm obsessed with it now...
I was never a fan for the first two seasons, but then my boyfriend got me into it. I rented the first two seasons, while watching season three, and I watched the first two seasons on DVD in about 1 months with my roommate! hahaha
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:08 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

Glad you are back and feeling better
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #60  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Suite, pharmacawhosit?

Faerie!!! Great to see you again!

The only show I was watching was Grey's anatomy, I don't know why I still do, they keep ticking me off....take a perfectly good show and keep messing with it...oh well, maybe I should switch to Lost, my mom's been watching it from the beginning. Maybe I'll just start watching the Office and say the heck with Mer-Der and all that....sorry for the mini rant...

Mod, I'm a re-loser or whatever you call it. For a long time I thought I couldn't get back to goal, but I'm almost there now, so it can be done, even by an older fart like me Anyway, maintaining is in the forefront of my mind this time, I thought I was "cured" and slowly it crept back on and stayed for too long.

I feel great and in the NSV category, my mom had given me some summer shorts/pants and such, well I put a pair on tonight and in the weightloss sense, almost missed my chance for wearing these, I remember trying them on in the winter and they were tight, but they're loose and there's no belt loops!

anywho, have a great night ev1, I have a 1st birthday to go to at a pizza/restaurant for lunch tomorrow, so that's going to be our big meal, maybe cereal for bfast, soup for supper...wish me luck

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote