3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Momentum / Flex (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex-222/)
-   -   Flex Talk #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex/137086-flex-talk-4-a.html)

THE Heather 03-26-2008 10:16 AM

faerie::hug: you're wonderful! Yeah...I feel a bit crazy when I talk to myself..but that's just me. It's a normal part of my everyday life. :] I guess the craziness makes up a big part of me. I decided to go with neurology because I'm fascinated with the brain in the worst kind of way. A lot of it happened when my grandmother was diagnosed with brain cancer. the things that her brain went through were both heartbreaking and amazing. When we were at the hospital...I was taking care of her. She told me that I could have some freshly baked lemon cookies which she had in the refridgerator. She said there was also broccoli and cheese I could have to. Of course, we're in a hospital and none of those things existed but it was fascinating to me...maybe I'm just strange haha.

Lizzy: just because you know you'll be off plan this week doesn't mean you'll need to go overboard. Just make the best decisions you can while you're out and it'll be okay. It happens to us all.

Suite: The pizza sounds amazing! I'm all over it lol

shrinkinglizzy 03-26-2008 10:26 AM

Heather -- you're not strange! everyone loves thinking about how the brain works! i was a psych major in undergrad, definitely toyed with the idea of neurology but ultimately decided I couldn't handle the nitty gritty science. Now I'm a psych grad student...hopefully I will one day be Dr also but not in the medical sense! Good luck!!

S

Institches21 03-26-2008 10:29 AM

You all are so Awesome!

I'm so glad I found this place. Suite, agree with all, Love your picture, WTG keli :carrot: shrinkinglizzy, same here, good luck for the rest of your week. Yeah I had no problem using my FP this week, too late now to worry about it. Tomorrow will tell :dizzy:, just how much of a problem it was.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day.

suitejudyblueeyes 03-26-2008 01:45 PM

So verdict on the Progresso "0 pt" soup is a resounding BLEH. Talk about salty! I totally could have made a better vegetable-barley soup. I still ate it because, well, it was my lunch, but it did make my stomach feel kind of unhappy afterwards. I guess I better stick to the stuff I make. :/

institches - thanks :) good luck with your WI tomorrow!

THE Heather 03-26-2008 08:50 PM

Suite/Faerie: I'm a photoshopper. I just discovered how to do things so I've been playing around with it! Ha. I discovered how to single out objects and what not in color and I've been doing it to every single picture I take of myself! Ha. It's getting close to ridiculous :P

Suite: Sorry about your Progresso soup experience. I never trust canned soups :( Just for that reason. I never know how they'll taste and I don't know...some even taste like metal to me. But I understand the convenience.

shrinkinglizzy: I went to see a guidance counselor today and he told me about Neuropsychology. I've been sitting on the fence as far as Neurology vs Psychology goes. Do you happen to know anything about Neuropsychology? Any help would be appreciated :D

institches: I don't think I've introduced myself. I'm Heather! Hiii.
So I didn't wake up in time to get my lunch for work tonight, so I'm going to have to eat out. But that's no big deal, I'm getting better at making better decisions. Weigh in is tomorrow...I don't know how I think I'll do but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed :D

Nothing else going on. Just at work :(

Lovely 03-27-2008 07:28 AM

Thursday

W00t Thursday! :carrot:

Lizzy - You'll have to keep us updated on how this week goes. All the healthier choices that you'll be making this weekend and whatnot :yes:

Suite - Thanks for telling me about the pizza. You seem to have this natural cooking flair. And sorry the soup didn't go over too well. It's more for convenience than taste.

Heather - I've often thought about how the brain works. They went over it slightly in a Psych class I took, but... well we really don't know a lot about it. Mysterious brains. And I like playing around in photoshop a little bit, too. Actually... this is sad, but my co-workers and I are a bit of MS Paint fiends. We make stupid things in paint and send them to eachother all day... Hope work for you was alright last night!

Institches - Best of luck on that WI!

---

Wahooo vacation day tomorrow & Monday! This weekend is going to be a little busy :dizzy: Tomorrow I'm going to get some chores done/relax. Saturday I'll be going to visit one of the bed & breakfasts that could potentially host our wedding, and then another one on Sunday. (Possibly two on Saturday, but I'm waiting for a response.) Then next weekend we're hoping to see the final place we'd like to look at. But, Monday... I dunno what I'm doing yet. I think I should clean my room. :p :lol:

Gotta finish up a bunch of work today so that there aren't any problems while I'm out tomorrow & Monday.

So weight loss related. I swear... I'm ALWAYS up a number of pounds on my weigh in day. :lol: sigh... Here's the deal, I'm not immune to doing morning weigh-ins, so yesterday morning I was 243 (remember this is nekkid & in the morning, not my WW weigh-in), this morning I was 246.2. :rolleyes: I'm not too down about it, I mean, I know I didn't "gain" 3.2 pounds in one day. I did have a larger than usual salty meal last night, and although I got my required water in, I usually drink a cup or two more... I have a feeling it's a lot of water weight. But on my WI day? >_< It's okay, because while I do follow the WW scale, the one that I'm going to ultimately be accountable to is the one at home (when I get down to closer to my ultimate goal... because it doesn't matter what you weigh when you're in clothes) The other possibility is that I should take off that one point that I had held onto while experimenting.

Hrm.. Then my plan is as follows. Get in my usual water intake today. Take that one point off for the weight loss. Follow the Wendie Plan as usual for the week. :yes: Sounds good to me. After tonight, I'll reaccess next week.

Ahh... it's neverending isn't it? :^:

Anyway, I hope everyone has a beautiful morning, and a lovely evening. I'll be sure to let you all know how the WI goes!

ifindhope 03-27-2008 09:05 AM

heather - i LOVE when people do that with their pictures. make it black and white but just one thing popping in color. wish i could figure all that good stuff out.. HAHA.

vent for the day. or just my mind splattering words to my fingers rather - i can't WAIT til saturday. i am feeling discouraged by this week. i know i said in another thread that i didn't do well this weekend but i'm staying OP for the rest of the week and doing well. well UGH i've been OP for the most part (except going over a little last night going out to eat with my mom - we never do i couldn't pass it up - and i wanted to splurge a little in celebration - but i did alright if i would have had those flex pts to back me i would have been celebrating how well i did). but whenever i do bad i start to OBSESSIVELY weigh myself every day just to see if that weight that crept up has crept back down. and i don't know why but i feel like every day it creeps up more. and i KNOW it's just dumb daily fluctuations and i vowed not to weigh myself any more until weigh-in on saturday but it effected my mood/attitude. i say i can't wait til saturday cause i just wanna start a fresh week with my fps and plan!! i feel SO SO SO much better when that happens. i hate being discouraged cause i think on top of it all it makes me emotionally eat - though i'm doing ok.

ok.. that's all i have to say about that. no more weighing til saturday and keep in mind that its a new week and no matter what the scale says i am starting fresh... i just helped myself i suppose. haha.

:)

Lovely 03-27-2008 09:07 AM

Hope - You step away from that scale! Hide it! Anything to keep away. :hug: Don't let it get you down. You're doing VERY well.

Institches21 03-27-2008 12:09 PM

Do over Please

Hi Everybody,
Is is possible to feel like you weigh less, but that dopey scale doesn't agree with how you feel! :dizzy: I'm up 1lb, not a big gain, but still it's a gain. Now last week I was sick, and very surprised that I had a loss, that's with not eating for days, maybe this is a temporary gain, and now that I'm back on track, next week will be better.
I plan to stay on the Wendie Plan, need to give it one more week before I try to fine tune it. I would love to know how to handle my AP, since on the Wendie Plan, one article I read is to only use 1/2 of any pts, over 4 on low days, but on your, SHD you don't use any, unless you are hungry. Hear me out, can you actually exercise too much? Do you defeat all your hard work, by eating back all the calories that you just burned off. Or maybe I need to switch up my routine, instead of exercising when I get home in the morning, drag my butt out of bed before I go to work, and exercise!

Faerie and Suite, good luck on your WI.

Heather, very nice to meet you, and Hi to all the others that I haven't talked to yet.

Suite-Sorry the soup didn't work out for you, but I also think your pizza sounds very yummy, always looking for something new to try-thanks

Faerie, I do hope you enjoy your mental health days, and have a wonderful weekend, so exciting planning a wedding, my daughter is getting married this July, which is of course, exciting, but also very stressful, I've put off looking for a dress, which my daughter is now catching on to, because next Saturday, "we are going dress shopping" talk about a fun filled day.

Well I get to start over fresh tomorrow-Hope everyone has a wonderful day :hug:

shrinkinglizzy 03-27-2008 12:20 PM

hey girls,
i have GOT to get my paper done but look, i'm posting instead, what a surprise.
also got a call from my bank that my account is overdrawn due to a stupid mistake on my part...tried doing the online payments and accidentally had the $$ taken from an old account that I never use. So I gotta take care of that, too. but look, i'm posting instead...i am a 3FC junkie.

heather -- honestly, my understanding of neurology vs neuropsych vs psychology is pretty much to say that it doesn't matter. What I've come to understand about academia is that it is all a mish mash and the real academics study whatever interests them, they do research with other academics, and by necessity they pick a label but it doesn't seem to matter what that label is. For example, I had a prof in undergrad for a physical anthropology class who I've since heard on the radio and on various TV shows. They all introduce her as an anthropologist. However, she has made a name for herself by studying how love effects the brain...sounds pretty neuropsychological to me! There are always always crossovers. I'm sure that longwinded explanation does nothing to help you pick a career path, but in the end, you'll do what you like. Just, if you decide you want to open people's heads up so you can fiddle with their gray matter, you're gonna need to go to med school. If you want to open up heads of dead people or mice, you'll do fine with a phd, but i'm sure med school is helpful if you're not scared of math like I am.
Phew.
i'll gladly talk more if you want, just PM me.
i have got to get moving...thanks again to all encouraging me through the bingeys...
S

vdaybaby 03-27-2008 12:23 PM

I'm a 3FC junkie too...I'm addicted!

THE Heather 03-27-2008 03:02 PM

ifindhope: Here you go! http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...tar82587_4.gif

shrinkinglizzy:I'm sure by the time you get here you'll already know but I sent you a PM about it. Thanks for the response in here too!

Faerie: I love your optimism. I really dooooo.:hug:

Well today was WI and I was up 1.4. I know what I did wrong this week though. Too much pop not enough water. All of my previous weeks I've been getting in my water but this week, I was out of it, which is unusual for me because at work they call me the water police!

I just need to plan a little better this week and I know it'll come off next week :D

Not much else today, I NEED TO NAP!

Take care ladies!

suitejudyblueeyes 03-27-2008 03:36 PM

Heather - My friend has a camera with some kind of fancy color select feature that will actually take the photo in black and white and one color. It's pretty crazy. If someone has $500 laying around and really loves you, they can buy that for you and it'll save you the trouble of photoshopping! :lol: Sounds like you know what to do to make your next WI great, sorry this one didn't go so well but I guess it happens! :)

Faerie - Have fun on your days off and trips to the B&Bs! I'll be sure not to worry too much when I don't see you around the forums. Boy would I love to spend my weekend touring B&Bs :lol: Boo for your WI weight being higher than your morning weight! Then again, maybe you were wearing particularly heavy pants? Oh well, at least you have that home scale for validation that you haven't randomly put on weight. You know you're doing everything right, of course, and that always helps!!

ifindhope - Hey, good job keeping the eating under control when you went out to dinner! You should totally be celebrating that success independent of the fact that you've used your FPs this week already. I'm totally with you on the wanting WI to come and go so I can start a new week... I feel like I'm swimming against the current right now and would much rather be sitting here with a nice FP cushion :p

Institches - I think people generally see a loss then a gain after being sick - because you're not eating a lot when sick, then you eat normally and some water weight gets stuck back on. So I wouldn't worry too much about it, sounds like you're taking it in stride too! As for APs - I'd go with what the article said, only eat your APs on high days if you're hungry, but aim to use at least a couple on low days. And no, you don't defeat your hard work by eating back your exercise calories. This is why the old calories in vs calories out formula is flawed in particular - exercise does far more for you than burn x number of calories while you're working out. It increases your metabolism and builds muscle, which in the long run increases your metabolism too! So even if you eat back your exercise calories you're still improving your general health and your body's ability to metabolize food.

sonja - boo, I hate banks! I especially hate accidental overdrafts, as instead of being understanding about it they're usually like 'well, you don't have enough money, so I'm going to charge you $35.' and you end up even further in the red :/ I HATE that.

--

So today instead of doing work I've been obsessed with reloading woot.com -- has anyone heard of it? It's pretty much just deals on tech stuff and gadgets and fun things like that. Usually it's just one deal per day, they literally only sell one thing each day, but today it's a "woot-off" which means they sell one thing at a time until it's sold out. It's kind of exciting :p Okay, I'm a huge nerd. But it's been fun watching it. Of course the one time I find something I want to buy it sells out before I can click the button. Oh well, more money in my bank account!

I think that Progresso soup I ate yesterday had some... er... unpleasant consequences in store for me today. I'm feeling rather... long-winded. Full of hot air. ;) You know what I mean. I didn't eat anything else yesterday that was new to me, nothing that i haven't eaten a million times before, so I'm gonna assume something in that soup made me bloaty and whatnot. Bleh. Hopefully it goes away.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday. Sure do wish tomorrow was Saturday. :p

Lovely 03-28-2008 01:58 PM

Friday! :D

Happy Friday all! :broc:

Institches/Heather - I gained a pound this week, too >_< Gosh darned scale. Oh well, we keep on going, right? Right!

Institches - Personally, I dont use my AP. I just never have. This is different from the FP that I'm now "indulging" in. Using my AP always felt like eating back my work. FP feel different since they're not really based upon what I do. I just get them, and don't feel so guilty using them (anymore).

Lizzy - How much time do I spend on 3FC when I should be doing other things? Oh... like working :lol: I'm an addict, too! I hope you get that situation worked out with the bank right quick. :hug:

Heather - What beautiful work on that photo of Hope! (And I love green so that doesn't hurt! ^.^)

Suite - I have never heard of that place, and I must now investigate! (BTW - do you like ThinkGeek? ^^) I hope the bloatiness & uh... delicate whatnot passes.. (oh boy passes...) soon!

---

Let's see... woke up at 11:30, took a nice walk for some exercise, bought a couple of Powerball lotto tickets (so that I can become a millionaire) and ate a wonderful breakfast. Breakfast consisted of Fiber One cereal (I can't get enough of this yummy stuff!), almond milk (I'm now addicted), banana, hard-boiled egg, fage yogurt & agave sweetener. 11 points out of 35. 24 points for the rest of the evening? I think I can handle that. ;)

So, lotto. I'm sure you guys have thought about what you'd do with like... 100 million dollars. So what would you do with it?

Hrm. I think that I'd take it in a lump sum... but! I'd go and invest most of it right away with a good financial planner. Then I'd live off the interest like real rich people do! :D (Oh yeah, I have it all planned out!) Can't forget charities though. Actually I think I'd pick a local food shelter or several related ones and make sure that they have enough food and well... shelter for people who need it.

But, I'd totally buy myself a nice house in the woods with some of it. I don't think I'd get a new car, strangely enough.. but I'm not a big car person. Oh oh! And after I got my house & got settled in I'd pay to go back to school right away! :carrot:

Enough fantasy ^^ I hope you all are having a wonderful day!!!!

ifindhope 03-28-2008 02:18 PM

heather - omigosh that was so nice of you!! thanks so much!! :) new avatar.

i know i already posted once in this thread complaining away but i'm having a really rough emotionally bingey week and really trying my hardest not to emotionally eat. just life and work and a friend and stuff just getting me down. blah. mostly the friend and it's stuff i really shouldn't be upset about i should be happy for her.. but it's things that are getting taken away from our relationship to work on anothers... just really bumming me out. basically her boyfriend just bought a house and she's planning on moving in there with him. which is cool i'm happy for her an all .. but she's there 24/7 working on it... and currently she decided she needs to save all her money, so things we used to do together she has decided we can't do anymore (getting our nails done, shopping, going out to dinner together, etc) to put all her money into buying stuff for this house/still doing things with him/new friends she has to have money for. it's just getting me really down in the dumps. and i really really want to be happy for her and support her but ugly emotions are getting the best of me (and making me eat on top of it). just a lot of stuff... blah. it's a longer story than i put here... but this isn't my journal i'm not gonna blab much about it.

i decided to change my weigh-in day to monday again. i had that originally but changed it to saturday for this above said friend so we could have the same day cause she wanted to change it cause she felt she ate more on the weekends and BLAH BLAH but now she's not even doing it anymore (cause she says she can't afford food and has to spend too much time on this house BLAH BLAH BLAHHHHHHHH) so she's basically not on board with me anymore, which also i think has made me fall off a little. but i want to start fresh. i feel like i do so much better starting on a monday to me it seems so much more like a fresh start and it's really motivating to me. and i really just need to move past this and focus on being happy for her and stop feeling bad for myself. and to stop feeling bad for myself i have to do something GOOD for myself right? which is sticking with this plan and really feeling good about myself.

here's to motivation, determination, and GOOD emotions!