3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Momentum / Flex (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex-222/)
-   -   Flex Talk #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex/137086-flex-talk-4-a.html)

vdaybaby 03-24-2008 06:24 PM

I just ate a small mexican bread...the ones with the crema inside...do you guys have any idea how many points it would be?? It's a small one, only about a three inch triangle..I am guestimating that it is 5 points, which is the same points for a store bought doughnut.

kelijpa 03-24-2008 07:25 PM

Sorry, Vday, don't even know what it is let alone how many pts. You so remind me of me though, I just ate it, how much was it? I'm an eater then counter!

Suite, I was with you Sunday! You have the right attitude, I'm proud of you for that!

TOM showed up for Easter, so that didn't help and 50 thousand things to eat at MILs, but it was all good stuff and we didn't eat when we got home and we walked in the a.m. and walked tonight, and I tried to drink water and so on and so on and scooby dooby doooby....

Anyway, whatever tomorrow's WI brings, it's just a WI and I'm saying I know there are extenuating circumstances, so whatever it is is whatever it is.

Have to go to the grocery, we're out of fruit, egads! Can't have that and DH wants some oatmeal to have for breakfast once in awhile, I have some coupons, so maybe I'll eat some of that instead of my cereal.

I may have to look for that almond milk, sounds pretty good.

Shrinking, :congrat: on your 5K that's awesome. My mom and I always walk in the race for the cure in Sept. She's a 15 year survivor, I want to find one to run in, too. Sounds great.

Sounds like ev1's doing great, so many inspiring stories about dealing with Easter, maybe next year mine'll be more like that :D

:sunny:

THE Heather 03-25-2008 08:26 AM

Sorry that I can't give everyone an individual reply but it does sound like everyone did wonderful over Easter and good luck on everyone's weigh ins!

------------------
I got some interesting news this weekend. My ex fiance has been "asking about me" through everyone else BUT me. I told everyone he's asked to tell him to ask me his damn self but he's too big of a coward to do that. He always made me doubt myself when I did nothing but believe in him. I was the one who urged him to fill out a college application and to fill out his FAFSA and now that he's in college, I'm chopped liver. Oh well. A mutual friend of ours...well more his "bed buddy" than a mutual friend (though I've known her for years) asked what happened between he and I. I told her everything and she told me how things were starting to look that way between he and her. He told the whole town that I was staying there as a favor, blah blah blah, we never slept in the same bed together (althoug MANY people could protest that one) and all sorts of crazy lies. He also told everyone that he sent me back to Texas because he was tired of me (I was living in Pennsylvania at the time).

Anyways, what brought on this rant was not the fact that he has been asking about me...oh no. My little sister, whom I haven't seen in ages decided she wanted to hang out with me. He still talks to her, mind you...but not so much on the phone. She decided it would be a good idea to call him while we were hanging out and put him on SPEAKER phone. I flip out, have a panic attack, ask her what the **** she thinks she's doing, and pretty much have a melt down.

It's amazing that even after a year my heart still breaks.

I hate love.

But I loveeee hummus and broccoli. At least I binged on leafy greens (didn't have too much hummus...only about 2pts worth..)

That is all.

Lovely 03-25-2008 08:38 AM

Hooray for Tuesdays! :carrot:

Suite - Gotta love that attitude of yours :) It was one Holiday. Nothing that will undo everything you've worked for! Gosh I'm nervous for you for your oral exam. Anything that involves speaking outloud... well... I get... :barf: :stress:

Ten - I hope getting your activity in sooner in the day helps you out. And hope your weigh-in goes well :goodluck:

Vday - Sorry, I can't think of any Mexican bread treat with cream inside... So I wouldn't know what to look up. :?: You may have to go with your best guess as 5 points. But, sometimes we have to do those things!

Kel - Sounds like you enjoyed yourself at Easter dinner :) And the fact that you were walking and drinking your water is excellent! Oh I can't stand to be out of fruit or vegetables! It's the number one reason why I'm at the store every few days. Just to make sure I have them on hand. It's unfortunate that we can't stockpile them without them going bad :(

---

Blah. Had a late night. :tired: My own fault! :lol: Ever have days when you wish you could drop your normal adult responsabilities and just kinda exercise for a little while? I wish that right now I could take an hour break and just treadmill for a bit.

Does anyone else get the feeling that their co-workers think they are very, very strange? O_O Sometimes I feel like such an outcast, I swear. Individually, I'm a perfectly wonderful person... if I do say so myself ;) I'm just not good in groups. I think the exercise thing might just be because I kind of want some "alone" time. Ya know? The joys of being an introvert.

I had the weirdest dinner, I had some 2% Fage yogurt with 2 tbsp of Agave Nectar (5 points total), a 1/2 c. of Fiber One cereal (which I cannot believe is 0 points! :eek:) with a cup of Almond Milk (2 points (I picked up a different kind, and I have to use it since I bought it but the kind I got before was 1 point a cup.. oh well)), And an avocado (6 points). (Total 13 points) I felt like such a granola health-nut. :lol: These are foods that I don't feel "au natural" enough to eat! :D I felt great though, I got most of those food ideas from a bunch of different people on 3FC. (Besides the avocado...) Three cheers for 3FC people. Without you guys, my dinners would be "normal" :p

Should probably do some work now... :^:

Hope you're all having great days!!!! :grouphug:

Lovely 03-25-2008 08:42 AM

Heather - We posted about the same time ^^ Wow that ex of yours sounds like a real winner... :rolleyes: Not a swell idea of your sister's to call him up. :no: Love is a hard thing. :hug: I hope that sometime soon you can completely sever ties. And that people will stop mentioning him to you.

ifindhope 03-25-2008 02:03 PM

Faerie - i really wish i had your need to just "treadmill it." hahaha it would really probably fix my situation of NEVER HAVING THE MOTIVATION TO EXERCISE. harumph!

Lovely 03-25-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifindhope (Post 2116036)
Faerie - i really wish i had your need to just "treadmill it." hahaha it would really probably fix my situation of NEVER HAVING THE MOTIVATION TO EXERCISE. harumph!

To be sure, when I was beginning I had to schedule in my exercise and force it. A lot more than I have to now. I've grown to enjoy it. But, omgoodness in the beginning it was like the treadmill was the plague! Keep at it, no matter what! You'll find something you enjoy doing!

suitejudyblueeyes 03-25-2008 04:07 PM

keli - great attitude there! it's just a WI. I'm already having to prime myself with that mantra for my next WI... oatmeal is a fantastic breakfast, gotta love a warm meal first thing in the morning. And you know what's really good? Oatmeal cooked in almond milk :p It feels like everyone on this board has been trying the almond milk out, it's spreading like wildfire! :D

Heather - :hug: Sounds like a tough situation. I couldn't imagine being constantly reminded of an ex-fiance, that'd be so difficult. It sounds like you really were the better person there, and he's just being ungrateful and bothersome. And your sister... well, maybe she didn't realize what she was doing? Maybe she didn't realize that it would hurt you to hear him? :hug: Take care of yourself.

Faerie - I totally hear ya on the dropping adult responsibilities in favor of exercise. I would much prefer to go for a three hour hike tonight than sit around studying (slash preparing for a presentation tomorrow, eep!). I've been sticking around at lunch only long enough to finish eating, and then I politely bow out of the coworker huddle in order to walk around downtown and be alone with some music and get some exercise/air. It's nice to be alone sometimes, and it feels way better to be moving than to be gossiping anyway! And your dinner sounds yummy, actually, those are all such fantastic foods!!

Well, as I posted in the planning thread, my dinner last night was a bust. It was very strange, I'm not sure what got into me (well, ultimately half the fridge did). I've obviously got some things going on I'm trying to eat my way out of. Bleh. But, I never once fooled myself into thinking that emotional eating can just be 'turned off' once you know better... I know I'm gonna be dealing with this response for a long time so I have to learn to get a handle on it. So it goes. If it takes me a month to lose two pounds, so be it, I can wait :)

So I'm really excited... I haven't been to any concerts in AGES, and the couple that I've been to in the last few years have been few and far between. I love concerts and I miss them, but I don't tend to have money/time or the people I like don't tend to come near me. But I just finished purchasing tickets to two shows coming up, Colin Meloy (of the Decemberists, if anyone knows them) and Iron & Wine, and there's another one in the summer that I will have to cough up the money for because it's R.E.M., who are pretty much my favorite people ever (I've already seen them twice), and Modest Mouse is opening for them (who I also enjoy). It's like concert-topia over here for me right now :D The two small ones coming up were cheap and are local but the REM one is at a fancy amphitheater and tix are pricey AND it's a three hour drive on a Wednesday night, but it's totally gonna be worth it. So excited! So that's my little off-topic spew I just wanted to throw in there for something non-WL related :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their Tuesdays, tomorrow = the week's half over! :D

Lovely 03-25-2008 06:18 PM

Suite - First off, what a gorgeous new avatar picture! :D And secondly, I <3 the Decemberists! Those two concerts sound like so much fun, how exciting ^.^ You keep on working on the emotional eating :hug: It'll be less frequent as you go on. It's fantastic that you're very straight-forward about it. I don't know if I could be that strong.

kelijpa 03-25-2008 06:24 PM

Well, the WI came and went, Got 4.4 of those dang pounds off, still have 2 hangers-on, but I'm blaming them on TOM (bleep). But, as I was saying to DH as we walked I feel like I'm coming around the corner on feeling normal again. :D Sounds funny, but between cold/cough, FL trip, lingering cold/cough, AZ trip, TOM, I'm like ENUFF already!!

I can feel things are getting better though, had an NSV, you guys'll laugh at this one, but it sure got me motivated. When we were walking out, the sun was at our back and coming up the hill I noticed my shadow, and it looked great!! It curved in and out where it was supposed to :D Anyhow, we walked out further than we had since we got back and jogged up the hill (killer) but it felt great.

The recurring theme here is exercise is great, Faerie says, Suite says, now Kelijpa says it!

Maybe Heather should take a walk or maybe it sounds like some kickboxing might be in order...stay strong, girl, stay strong!

Suite, great pic, what a smile!

And Faerie, my office is definitely dysfunctional, I think there's alot of that around :D I'm so glad it got halfway nice, today I walked outside, my walking buddies kind of disappeared, they all got diff. jobs, one's further away, one gives classes sometimes so she's off and on, the other has tons of meetings, so anyway, I'm walking by myself mostly, which I hate to do inside, but love to do outside, so I guess I'm a little weird myself :D but I love me anyway :D

Best to all, thanks for your support!!
:sunny:

THE Heather 03-26-2008 05:57 AM

Suite: I agree with others. Your avatar is beautiful! I also enjoy The Decemberists, but I kind of have to be in the mood to listen. Concerts are a great get away. I'm a concert addict! I go every time I get the chance to. I know you can battle the emotional eating. I just know you can...I'm doing the same myself.

Faerie: I'm pretty sure all of my co-workers think that I'm the strangest person ever. Since we all work overnight, it's not uncommon for some of us to become...well punch drunk. Apparently, I'm the worst of them all haha. I'm also introverted, so the things I say are generally to myself. I must look crazy! Haha.

Keli: Congrats on the loss :D. And three cheers on the sexy shadow ;) I have this window I look into at work that makes me look about half my size...and I'm like damn, I wanna look like that. So I just look at it so I have a goal :D

And yes...I need to take kickboxing. With the mood I've been in lately...I'll kick butt!!

I've had a little trouble getting my points in over the past few days, but I'm not too terribly worried about it because I had high points on the weekend. I'm not that much lower than my target points. I'm finishing the day about six points shy the past couple of days. Like I said, I'm not too worried because this weekend I went over, so I figure by the end of the week it'll sort of even out. I got this Swiss Chocolate bar because I was really jones(ing) for some chocolate and I was like, "I can spare the points for just one serving of this bar". I could only eat half a serving. Yay. I got my choclate craving taken care of for half the points!

I do need to start exercising. I haven't started yet, and I know that I need to in order to keep my weight loss going and for me to feel great while doing it. I really want to take a dance class, because I lovelovelove to dance. I got a dance video to do, but I can only do it when I babysit. That's two days a week though so that should be okay for now :D

And this is off topic but I switched my major to neurology. Yayyy. I'm going to be a doctor! Haha Doc Heather at your service :P

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

suitejudyblueeyes 03-26-2008 07:56 AM

Aw, shucks, you guys are sweet :D Thanks for the compliments on the photo. It's actually from a couple years ago when I was in Italy and I feel like I looked way younger... the past three years have aged me! :lol: I also only have about five pounds to go til I'm back at the weight in my picture again, yay!

And Faerie & Heather - woo, Decemberists! It's funny, I've never met anyone who likes them. People can start to like them after I make them listen for a while, but I've yet to meet someone who has even heard of them before meeting me. And here are two of you! :D

Keli - woo! that travel weight is dropping right off. Looks like you could use a little break from the colds and the travel, huh? :lol: And hurray that your shadow is looking svelte! :D

Heather - That's kind of how I feel about my slightly-under days right now. Since I ate so freakin' much this weekend, coming in under by three or four points for a couple days isn't the end of the world, but I'd still rather be at my base target. I guess this sort of thing happens. As long as the under-eating isn't a habit I think it's okay. WTG on recognizing that you only needed a half a serving! You've mastered your chocolate-related impulse control! :D And I love your new avatar too, too funny! Do you have one of those cameras which can select a color, or do you do that in photoshop after?

----

Well, not much new to contribute today. I had 15 points left by the time dinner rolled around, and I made this big ol' pizza with roasted red peppers, spinach, red onion, and fresh grated parm... It was soo yummy, and a huge hunk of it was 5 points (the points all came from the crust and the cheese). I had two pieces and thought about having three to finish eating my points, but I really didn't feel like over-eating just to reach my base target. Yesterday was a lesson in "jaime needs to learn to spread her points better throughout the day." I've got today all planned out and will be right on target tonight.

I have a can of the Progresso light soup (the 0 point one) for lunch today. Anybody try them yet? I haven't but picked up a can a couple shopping trips ago. Will use it to accompany my leftover pizza. I'm just wondering how it will taste... I mean, I can make really yummy low-point food but I'm not sure I trust the food industry to master the art! :lol:

Have a happy Wednesday everyone.

Lovely 03-26-2008 08:35 AM

Wednesdays ~ Hump day of the week!

Keli - I'm so happy for you! Those travel pounds are just melting off! Keep hanging on!!!! They'll be completely gone & then some sooo soon! :dance: And I've totally done that shadow-thing, too!!!! :lol3:

Heather - I love your cute new avatars all the time! This might be my nerd showing, but Neurology sounds like SO MUCH FUN! On a side note... I whisper things to myself. -_- Oh boy, I just look crazier and crazier :lol: And success for you! For only needing half of that serving to curb your cravings! :carrot:

Suite - Okay gal... please tell me how you went about making that delicious sounding pizza... my fiancé and I enjoy making our own with dough from the store, but I'm wondering if you started from scratch. And only 5 points? Yeah. Definitely need to know. Those Progresso soups are pretty okay, a little salty, but what soup from a can isn't. They're a standard can soup, nothing I'd ask for as my last meal. However, they make up for that being low point & convenient. Oh! But important note points-wise. They're not 0 points for the whole can! (Just an FYI in case!) They kind of are tricksy about that. It's 0 points per serving and yep that's right... two servings per can. And we all know that 0 + 0 does not = 0 on WW. I believe most of them are actually 2 points for the entire can. I wish they wouldn't advertise as "0". *sigh* Oh well, we can do anything about that can we?

Heather/Suite - Don't worry too much about being a little under for a few days in a row. I've done the same. Don't make it into crazy habits though or I'd have to worry about you both! :stress: :hug: :hug:

---

Nothing of note to report :) Just hoping everyone has a very pleasant day!

shrinkinglizzy 03-26-2008 09:00 AM

Good morning Flexers,

Jaime, love the new avatar!! I missed whatever you posted about overeating this weekend, and emotional eating, but I can tell you that I am likely struggling with the same! Monday night through yesterday were not pretty on the eating front (goodbye flex points), but today feels better so far...

Heather -- that is crap about the boyfriend situation, I'm really sorry about that. He does not sound like a winner.

Kel -- I love your WI attitude. Forget the scale!

Faerie -- I am definitely an outcast at work. I'm pretty sure of it, and there are only like 4 people who work in my office, AND I'm just a lowly intern, so it's a rough environment for me. And you know, I'm actually a pretty normal person in other places...
Thanks for responding to my post and NOT giving me permission to just shirk the planning for the week. Cuz that's kinda what I was looking for...

As for me, I am totally struggling these days, as I posted in another thread. I ate all my Flex points for the week (WI is Monday and they were digested by Tues night). That is discouraging, as I have a reunion this weekend and will be partying both Fri and Sat night, as well as boyfriend's bday which we are celebrating tonight. I am destined to go off plan this week, but I still want to make the best choices that I can, even if I give myself some treats too (mostly in the form of wine).
I'm going to the gym in a few, and I hope that starts my day off right.

S

suitejudyblueeyes 03-26-2008 09:16 AM

Faerie - Yeah, I knew the whole thing wasn't 0... don't you think it's odd that it jumps from 0 to 2 though? :lol: Man. They must have just slid under one point if doubling it made it 2. I guess that has to do with the cap on countable fiber grams... Oh well, it's sustenance and I had a coupon! :p

As for the pizza, the dough was just canned store-bought stuff. Not industrious enough to make my own just yet. It was the Pillsbury refrigerated roll-out kind, and it's not too bad. Comes to 3 pts for 1/6th of it, and 1/6th of the pizza it makes is a really sizable chunk! As for the cheese I had 1/2c lf shredded cheddar and 1/2c fresh grated parm. I think it would take it down to 4 pts if you just used 1c shredded lf whatever instead of the parm, but I just love me some fresh grated parm :) I guess this isn't a whole lot of cheese if you're looking for a more store-bought pizza feel but I'm not huge on cheese so this is perfect for me! :) Other than that I dumped a ton of minced garlic atop the pre-baked crust, sprinkled basil and oregano over that, added the veg toppings, then topped with cheese and baked another 5ish minutes. (I also don't care much for tomato sauce, hence the lack of it!)

Sonja - Yeah, sounds like we were in just about the same place the last few days. Just gotta do what you can do keep on track until next week, and even if you go over with your celebrations this weekend, oh well! Life happens, and WW is all about allowing for that. It's okay if you don't lose this week, it's okay if you gain some. The important thing is to keep moving forward, and not let a small week-long set back throw you off course permanently, you know?