Old 01-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #1  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Default How often do you re-adjust your points?

Do you re-adjust your points everytime you go down the next 10 lb level? I started at 186, but am now at 176, do I need to take away a point yet or when do I do that?

Thanks,
Kim
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:53 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Are you still losing weight?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I wouldn't go down another point until you feel you're not losing weight anymore (or things have slooooowed down). Why make yourself eat less if you're losing fine on the old point level? Listen to your body on this one, I don't think there ought to be a rule about it (though there probably is).
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #3  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I adjust after my weekly weigh-in that comes in at the lower weight, not any more often than that. It is a kind of a sliding scale I would say. I don't adjust my activity level daily either, that's another variable in the daily points formula. So, I guess I'm a little confused now the more I think about

I think Suite is right, if it ain't broke...
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #4  
Izzy

S/C/G: 274/268/199

Height: 6'

The book tells you when to change. If you don't have it, let me know and I will look it up for you.

Izzy
Izzy906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:24 PM   #5  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Technically, yes you are supposed to adjust your points every time you hit a new "decade". That said, I've never done it that way. OK, I take that back, I did it at first. I started out at 30 points, and after 25 pound weight loss went to 28 (per the guidelines at that time) and then down to 26. It was at that point that a ww member on here suggested to me that I not drop my points until my weight loss stopped or slowed dramatically. I also need to add in that at the beginning I did not eat my flex points because I just didn't need them. So, here I am now at 147 pounds, and I still eat 26 points a day, about. Some days might be 24-25, some might be more like 27 or 28. I sort of equated it to gradually adding in the flex points, know what I mean? At the time I should've dropped to 24 points but continued at 26, it was sort of like eating 24 + 2 of the 35 weekly flex points per day. I didn't notice a drastic slow down in weight loss until the last 10 pounds, and honestly, that slowdown was probably more my fault than the points...I don't think I was being quite as diligent in my efforts. Hope this helps a bit!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:24 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Kim, although this is not what the official WW recommendation is, if you're still losing, I'd continue with your current points level. The more points you end up with in maintenance, the better, since it's for the rest of your life. I know many leaders also recommend this way, off the record.

Last edited by Jane; 01-18-2008 at 06:24 AM.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:59 PM   #7  
Kim

YAY! More pts! Yum! I'm actually losing pretty fast, which I think is my body telling me that I'm not using enough of my points. I seldom dip into my flex points and on Thursday nights I teach line dancing- earning 7pts! I don't use them because it's too late to eat by the time I get home.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 175/in progress/140

Height: 5'7'

Yes, technically you should adjust your points as your weight goes down. But you always have the 35 flex points and whatever activity points you accrue. If you haven't been eating all your flex points each week, you'll probably keep losing because the weekly total still isn't going over. When I'm really working hard on losing I try to eat just my regular points (21) plus any activity points I earn. It's very hard for me not to dip into those flex points too much now that I'm at my ww goal! But with the new year I'm hoping to be able to get to my personal goal by summer. It's just so hard to work all day then come home and work out. - Theresa
GrammaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #9  
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaKnits View Post
It's just so hard to work all day then come home and work out. - Theresa
If I waited till after work to workout, I'd seldom accomplish earning activity points. I have to make myself get out of bed an hour earlier in the morning to follow through on my workouts. It's difficult, but I got myself into this mess, now it's up to me to get myself out of it!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

When I started last year I was told by my meeting leader not to adjust my points until I lost my first 10%. Now that I have started again I am going to adjust each time I drop down into the next level. I was hard last time when I had to shave 2 pts when the 10% came off.
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/in progress/140

Height: 5'7'

Kim, I admire you for being disciplined enough to get up and hour early just to work out! I have to get up at 5:30 just to get to work, and I have trouble even doing that. When things aren't so busy, I can finish with patients early and get home by 3 or 4 which gives me plenty of time before dinner. We do what we have to do, and it's worth it in the end. - Theresa
GrammaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #12  
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaKnits View Post
Kim, I admire you for being disciplined enough to get up and hour early just to work out! I have to get up at 5:30 just to get to work, and I have trouble even doing that. When things aren't so busy, I can finish with patients early and get home by 3 or 4 which gives me plenty of time before dinner. We do what we have to do, and it's worth it in the end. - Theresa
Thank you. I've actually been doing it so long that it's a habit with me now. I started working out in the mornings about 4 yrs ago. I only lost a few lbs with adding the exercise. It only took me 4 yrs to admit that I needed help controlling my eating! LOL! DUH!!! But I'm here now and that's all that matters.

I also dance for three hours every Thursday night. That helps a lot because I LOVE to dance! I even started teaching two weeks ago. I'm just filling in while my teacher's in Florida for the winter, but it's a great moral booster!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #13  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaterswife View Post
Technically, yes you are supposed to adjust your points every time you hit a new "decade". That said, I've never done it that way. OK, I take that back, I did it at first. I started out at 30 points, and after 25 pound weight loss went to 28 (per the guidelines at that time) and then down to 26. It was at that point that a ww member on here suggested to me that I not drop my points until my weight loss stopped or slowed dramatically. I also need to add in that at the beginning I did not eat my flex points because I just didn't need them. So, here I am now at 147 pounds, and I still eat 26 points a day, about. Some days might be 24-25, some might be more like 27 or 28. I sort of equated it to gradually adding in the flex points, know what I mean? At the time I should've dropped to 24 points but continued at 26, it was sort of like eating 24 + 2 of the 35 weekly flex points per day. I didn't notice a drastic slow down in weight loss until the last 10 pounds, and honestly, that slowdown was probably more my fault than the points...I don't think I was being quite as diligent in my efforts. Hope this helps a bit!

OH, thanks so much for posting this detailed answer! This is good advice for me I think, I always feel sort of guilty going into the flex points every day, but the weight IS coming off and I am not too hungry.
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote