Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-08-2015, 06:22 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default bmi down yay/and a bit of journaling

I finally hit bmi 35! Which means I am no longer super obese, or morbidly obese, or severely obese... I am now "just" obese! I have lost about 16 bmi points!

My "real" ultimate goal was to get to a bmi of 30 where pregnancy is safe.. or so they say don't go over 30 on many web pages so that has been my real goal... a safe pregnancy, not being cute or skinny.. i just want to be healthy and lower inflammation. My siggy goal weight is just a dream and motivation to not give up and feel comfortable where I am at as I will binge and screw it all up.

I only have to lose 29 pounds to hit bmi30! It will take 3 months+ IF my body agrees... I can actually do this. i hope... Can't believe I finally got to just obese!

At easter everyone commented. I was going to sneak in keep it low key. My goal was 50 by easter but after some calculations I lowered it to 38. I was down 43.. so I'm proud of that also. They complimented my first 50 but they seemed super taken aback by me with the additional 43. I didn't want to say how much I had lost but it was the first thing they shouted at me And I am an eternal.. truthsayer. So oh well... one of them actually gave me their old jeans size 20 and they were way too big! I swear I was at the store not fitting correctly into 24's.. but these were Avenue so were made bigger. Only thing is I have a LOT of knee fat that looks like its staying so its been very difficult to find pants I can wear so I may just sew up the waist on these jeans. However the stretchy waist 20's fit great.

I can feel it... I am so close to being a mommy! Now.. if only I could come up with the IVF money. No one will give me a loan so I am freaking out pretty bad Crying daily, hourly.. which is bad for inflammation and ovulation. i heard b6 ups your cervical fluid and luteal pahse so I will go buy some today. I have the money for the testing (super spendy)... so I will just pretend everything is fine for now. A few women have posted my dr turned them down due to their weight. He did NOT turn me down! Man what would he have said 93 pounds ago? And they are one of the highest rated in the nation so I'm sure he wouldn't try if he didn't think I had a chance. He actually was blown away when I told him and asked me my secret. Though he did tell me to stay on my diet and keep losing :/ I was expecting him to say well you need to eat this and that for a baby but he was completely ok with this. So say prayers for me... hope that I find this loan! I have to make this happen... have to... my time has run out.

So new goals... I really want to lose 6.5 pounds before I see the dr again. But that's not going to happen. So as close as I can get. It's getting harder.. I'm guessing 2 more pounds by then. Second goal.. same number different reason... 100's!!!!!!!!! wooooo. and officially 100 lost! Third goal.. that 29... must.. get.. to.. bmi 30!!! (I'm sure I will have many mini goals before that to keep me motivated)

Last edited by wannabesomebody; 04-08-2015 at 06:23 PM.
wannabesomebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:58 PM   #2  
kellie105

S/C/G: 292.5/284.8/170

Height: 5'6

are you currently on metformin?
kellie105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:43 PM   #3  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

So much congratulations! Such a mighty accomplishment.

Just one little note. You said: "I only have to lose 29 pounds to hit bmi30! It will take 3 months+ IF my body agrees... "

It's not your body's decision. Your body doesn't make decisions about food or exercise. That really hit home for me in the last two years, and it's very empowering!
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:19 AM   #4  

thank you I quit metformin. I was on it for 7 years. I switched to cinnamon instead and my new dr was ok with it (my old one is very against it). My liver was up so I wanted to take a break. However I went from very high BP to low BP and I'm wondering if I should quit the cinnamon too at some point
Old 04-16-2015, 03:21 AM   #5  

So I got really sick last night and ended up having my period 5-6 days early I'm under a ton of stress. Which means I have to go for my test tomorrow and I'm suddenly very nervous and want to put it off. However I just turned 39 I have to push myself.