Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #1  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink My new mini goal!

Hi there!

So my new mini goal is to get into some of my smaller clothes!

I'm truly psyched because my 3x pants are feeling loose and some of them are falling down a little, hehe, I'm hiking them up when I walk! . So, my goals with clothes are:

To get into a 2x more comfortably

To have my XL tops feel not so snug

And to get into a smaller bra! I just ordered larger ones from Lane Bryant but I'm hoping I can exchange them for smaller ones...
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I have the same mini-goal, Seabiscuit! If I really like something, I don't get rid of it because it's too tight. Although shopping for new smaller clothes can be fun, for me it's a financial burden. I also don't get rid of my fat clothes when I lose. The only thing worse than spending money on new smaller clothes is having to buy new larger clothes if you have a regain, and everyone has them to a point.

I don't actually know what my long term weight goal is because it's not realistic for me to try to get back to my 30 year old weight. I will know my goal weight when I get there, going by how I feel.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:39 PM   #3  
Once + Future Skinny B***

S/C/G: 195/148.6/115

Height: 5'3

Wow, that's fabulous! You'll get there in no time at the rate your going Lane Bryant is usually really good with returns/exchanges; if you bought it online, you can bring it into a store and have them swap it out for you with the order slip!

Wannabehealthy, do you have any thrift stores or consignment shops around? My entire life, I was so opposed to thrift stores... then one day, a friend literally dragged me and I am ADDICTED. It's a great resource for good clothes at much cheaper prices, especially when you won't be in them for long! And I totally understand holding onto your bigger clothes, but maybe try packing them up and putting them in storage for now - you'll need the extra room for your smaller clothes
futureformerfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 279/257/180

Height: 5'7"

I will give a hearty 2nd to futureformerfisher's recommendation for thrift stores! My husband buys all of his work clothes there (truck driver), my niece's entire wardrobe comes from there and we're talking really expensive designer labels for her that are in the $2 to $6 range, and often times, brand new with the tags still attached! It is harder when you're looking in the larger sizes though. I have a few nice blouses that I got from the thrift store, but apparently we big girls just wear our pants out before getting rid of them.
HeeHawHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:52 PM   #5  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Thanks everyone! I went to Lane Bryant today to get some bras and panties, I'm not as big as I thought, big yay! I actually had ordered some bras and panties to be shipped to their store and they were too big! Woohoo! So, they did an even exchange and I got some great bras and panties that fit! I had a great shopping experience except for this very rude and obnoxious lady who was shopping, she kept saying how big I was, I told her I've lost weight, I felt like telling her to mind her own business!!! She was quite 'big' herself, she wasn't one to talk! Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

I think I'm going to check out a thrift store near me, it should be fun! I worked in a thrift store for a long time, lots of steals there!

Take care,

Amy
Old 07-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #6  

Great that you were able to exchange them, especially for something smaller And screw that crotchety lady - she was likely projecting her own self-image issues into you, and I'm sure hearing you're getting in shape was hard for her to hear!

I actually went to my favorite thrift store last week. They offer 30% off your total for military once a week, plus they take 50% off their daily chosen tag color - which happened to be half of the stuff in women's clothing that day! I promised myself I wouldn't go crazy, because I don't plan to stay at this weight for too long, but I walked with 19 tops (half of which still had original tags), five pairs of capris and two pairs of jeans... And spent a whopping $36. I totally justified it by reminding myself one pair of new jeans would cost more than that, plus it will all be donated once I'm done with it, so really, it's charity, lol!
Old 07-13-2014, 10:52 PM   #7  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Talking

Thanks so much, futureformerfisher!

I am thrilled to be in a smaller size! I must have tried on at least 10 bras but I came home with 4!!! They're very pretty and supportive, which rocks! I am thrilled to be in smaller clothes. It's funny, for a long time I was very scared to lose weight because I was nervous about the attention I would get from men, but now I welcome men thinking I'm pretty and not quite as curvaceous. . I feel like I know that I'll be at my goal weight soon even though it's another 100 pounds away. I just have a great feeling that I've got it licked this time, something has clicked in my brain! Big yay-that's huge for me!!!

I'm so psyched to be happier and healthier and I'll live longer!!! Today is my 38th birthday and I could have easily used that as an excuse to cheat big time but I didn't!! . I had a milkshake, a slice of pizza and other good but years ago I would have binged a lot, huge milestone!

That's awesome about your shopping! There are a few thrift stores near me, I'll check em out! I also have coupons for Lane Bryant for my next purchase, a few $15 off $50!!!
Old 07-13-2014, 11:16 PM   #8  

Happy Birthday Amy! Your posts/threads are always helpful. The lady (if you can call her that) at the store was soooo ignorant or maybe had mental issues. You took the "high road" alot of people would of given her a piece of their mind!
bonnie2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:19 AM   #9  

Aww, happy birthday!!! And fantastic that you were able to treat yourself, but still keep from going overboard - that made me smile hard! Now you'll have to splurge on something else for your birthday, like a shopping spree at the thrift stores and Lane Bryant for new stuff in your new size
Old 07-14-2014, 04:59 PM   #10  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Talking Thank you!!!

Bonnie-thanks so much, that means a lot!!! I like The High Road, that's one of my favorite songs from JoJo! . You are very kind

Futureformerfisher - Awww, thanks! I saw my WW leader in the bank, she is very positive! She asked how my week is going and I said the truth, I could have done better... Well, live and learn, right? I've gone overboard on points too much this week,but I remember her wise words, get some activity and earn some points! I think I'll go for a walk soon, and burn some calories!

Yes, I definitely want to check out some thrift stores, there are a few in the area!

Take care and thanks for the positivity!