Old 02-18-2015, 01:54 PM   #46  
fab4two

S/C/G: 289/277/165

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!

I am returning to the support group (and MRC) after a long time away!

I started back on the MRC program with pre-conditioning on January 22nd and lost 7 lbs that week.

Then I was started on the new Metabolic More Level 1 Plan and lost NADA for the next 2 weeks and 4 days. I have been exercising 30 - 60 minutes a day, drinking 100 (+) ounces of water a day and sticking strictly to the food plan. Needless to say, I was starting to get a little frustrated until I signed back into the forum Sunday and read all the posts with the consistent theme that "the new MORE plan" not working for people.

I decided to pull out my old menu from 2008 and started following it Monday and.....drum roll.....I weighed this morning and was down 3.5 pounds!! I'll take that !

Newer is not always better..........

I look forward to chatting and sharing with you all during my weight loss journey!
Fab4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:52 PM   #47  

So is this old menu the green menu?

I don't want to weigh in tomorrow. I feel chubby. I'm still struggling with feeling hungry, then caving and eating bad. I don't know why I can't stop!

I've been trying out the Syntrax samples I bought, and the naturals are so much easier to mix and tasty too. So far I've tried the peach and chocolate. I also tried the vanilla bean torte and really like it. I'm wondering if the vanilla bean torte would be good as a coffee creamer?
Christina2927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:56 PM   #48  
fab4two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina2927 View Post
So is this old menu the green menu?

I don't want to weigh in tomorrow. I feel chubby. I'm still struggling with feeling hungry, then caving and eating bad. I don't know why I can't stop!

I've been trying out the Syntrax samples I bought, and the naturals are so much easier to mix and tasty too. So far I've tried the peach and chocolate. I also tried the vanilla bean torte and really like it. I'm wondering if the vanilla bean torte would be good as a coffee creamer?

Yes, It is the Green menu. I weighed in at the center this morning and my consultant/coach (Deb in Macon, GA ...who is awesome!!!) was so excited to see my loss and I shared what I had done. She states she has never seen the Green menu (she is newish to her role).

One other thing I changed up is instead of honey dew, cantaloupe and grapefruit I started eating berries instead. After reviewing my food sheets from before, that is what my fruit selections consisted of.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #49  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

I still haven't gone in to weigh in and then received an email that to encourage me to come in- they'd give me an extra 6 weeks free. So called and to find out they hired a new girl for my local center - YAY!! The office I called is 45 min away and anyway that staff is very helpful and encouraging. Even after the phone call- I got tons of motivation and helpful hints on how to get back on track. She said to start over with the preconditioning menu and go to Pintrest to make sure I'm incorporating new recipes and ideas to stay on plan. I told her I wasn't getting any support so stopped going. No new ideas, no motivation. She said that person I was talking about is going to part time so hopefully I can meet w the new counselor . Starting the Pre- cond tomorrow
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:29 PM   #50  
fab4two

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I still haven't gone in to weigh in and then received an email that to encourage me to come in- they'd give me an extra 6 weeks free. So called and to find out they hired a new girl for my local center - YAY!! The office I called is 45 min away and anyway that staff is very helpful and encouraging. Even after the phone call- I got tons of motivation and helpful hints on how to get back on track. She said to start over with the preconditioning menu and go to Pintrest to make sure I'm incorporating new recipes and ideas to stay on plan. I told her I wasn't getting any support so stopped going. No new ideas, no motivation. She said that person I was talking about is going to part time so hopefully I can meet w the new counselor . Starting the Pre- cond tomorrow
That is great news! Having a great counselor is big key to success!
Old 02-20-2015, 03:35 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 138/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Fab4two. Could you tell me how you got your ticker to appear on each post. I have made one and have the HTML I just don't know where to put it so that it stays everytime. Help would be greatly appreciated.
raven90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:50 AM   #52  

Big Dog,You will do fine with new consultant.. They are a key role when going to get weighed in.. Are you journaling everything you eat and drink. That is one of the keys.. I still do that on maintenance.. Good luck, I know you can do it.y

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 02-21-2015 at 09:51 AM.
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:07 AM   #53  

Has anyone tried the Walden Farms coffee creamers or Zilch coffee creamer?
Christina2927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:59 AM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina2927 View Post
Has anyone tried the Walden Farms coffee creamers or Zilch coffee creamer?
I am interested in answers to this .. I never knew either one existed.

Patzi
Old 02-22-2015, 07:33 PM   #55  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Well I didn't get to weigh in Saturday we got about 8-9" of snow and living in the country I coud get out and I've not been very good last week so hopefully will do better this week. Looks like you all are staying forc I wish I could. Maybe when the weather gets warmer and I can get outside I sure can't wait
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:53 PM   #56  
Motivated Member

Skelley- I got a garmin vivofit for Christmas and that motivates me to move! . I'll walk around the office, park further away from any store I go to, walk around the house, high step in place when on phone - anything to get all my steps in. I'm in property mgmt so while checking the homes before move ins, I'll do a triple walk Goal is 8000 but try for 10000 a day.
If you have any malls near you- they are great places to walk.
I've gotten bad about not walking the dogs so took 2 long walks today with each one - I have 3 very active pups so they are great work out partners!
Jennifer Hudson is singing on the Oscars- wow - she's an inspiration for weight loss !

Patzi- I was tracking on Fitness Pal but for me starting over I'm going to use that journal they gave us. Then I can show the counselor on paper when I meet w her. Or should I use the trackers they give us? I have a binder I could keep them in- was also thinking of printing out the Pinterest recipes I want to try to motivate me -
Today I made coleslaw w shredded cabbage, splash of vinegar and plain FF greek yogurt. Yummy!!
Old 02-23-2015, 09:38 AM   #57  
fab4two

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven90 View Post
Fab4two. Could you tell me how you got your ticker to appear on each post. I have made one and have the HTML I just don't know where to put it so that it stays everytime. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry for the delay in responding!! I didn't get on my computer once this weekend (win!!!).

Go to your user CP and select 'Edit Signature'. paste your ticker URL into the signature block and whala !!

Let me know if you have any problems.

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 02-24-2015, 05:21 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 210/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello all! I just started back on the MRC program two days ago. I did the program about 10 years ago and lost 40 lbs.. I maintained that loss all of that time, but just had a baby a few months ago and am now needing to drop some weight again! I did the plan on my own last time and I'm doing it on my own again. I just have the 3 menu plan from way back when, so I've started with the yellow menu. I was a little flexible with my supplements before because I didn't want to go to the clinic or pay for their HSN's, so I've got a couple of different things I'm using. Here's hoping I have success again.
paisli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Skelley- I got a garmin vivofit for Christmas and that motivates me to move! . I'll walk around the office, park further away from any store I go to, walk around the house, high step in place when on phone - anything to get all my steps in. I'm in property mgmt so while checking the homes before move ins, I'll do a triple walk Goal is 8000 but try for 10000 a day.
If you have any malls near you- they are great places to walk.
I've gotten bad about not walking the dogs so took 2 long walks today with each one - I have 3 very active pups so they are great work out partners!
Jennifer Hudson is singing on the Oscars- wow - she's an inspiration for weight loss !

Patzi- I was tracking on Fitness Pal but for me starting over I'm going to use that journal they gave us. Then I can show the counselor on paper when I meet w her. Or should I use the trackers they give us? I have a binder I could keep them in- was also thinking of printing out the Pinterest recipes I want to try to motivate me -
Today I made coleslaw w shredded cabbage, splash of vinegar and plain FF greek yogurt. Yummy!!
Even though I post on fitness plan, I have a journal that I write down everything I eat and drink. Before I hit maintenance, I always brought in the weekly journal to each weigh in and the consultants checked it. It worked for me. If I gained and it was not for going out to eat, they many times could find the cause in my journal. Where you are t rying to get back on track again, I would have the consultants check your journal at each meeting. I found that gave me motivation.. I buy a journal from a dollar store with a nice festive cover and that is what I journal in. Even now on maintenance, that journal is always in my handbag, so I don't forget anything.

I have been going into the pinterest recipes and find some real good ones.

I am looking for a good healthy chocolate dessert when I have a craving, without using the supplements , and to date have not found one.

Good luck to you.
Patzi
Old 02-24-2015, 06:46 PM   #60  
Motivated Member

Patzi
Since you are on maintenance- my fave chocolate desserts may work for you. From my old WW days.
Chocolate Fiber One Bars
Melt semi sweet choc chips or dark chocolate with a tsp of crunchy peanut butter - melt in microwave. Coat Fiber one cereal, make balls and chill in frig. They are like "haystacks" - high in fiber and low in calories.
Sugar free FF chocolate pudding - add some coffee and plain greek yogurt. Blend and serve!

I have the journal the Center gave me so I could use that
Thanks and good luck to all!

Last edited by bigdog; 02-24-2015 at 06:47 PM.