Old 02-06-2015, 03:32 PM   #1  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Default Mrc February 2015

Hi Ladies,

I see some newbies and oldies LOL! I'm back and getting ready to try the old MRC plan on Monday! As you can see I gained back my weight trying the New More Plan, for some reason this time I was hungry all the time so I just stopped. I haven't been following MRC plan for almost two months now trying to get my metabolism back in order. Hasn't worked so I guess next week we will see how going back to the old plan will work. I did the old plan June 2012 and lost all my weight and a lot of inches, hit maintenance in January 2013. After about 3 months all my cravings returned and I went off plan. So I joined again the second time lost some weight but couldn't stay focused but hit maintenance June 2013. Same thing after about 3 months cravings came back and gained 10 lbs back. So I tried the New More plan in august of 2014 after about 4 wks I had to stop because all I wanted to do was eat! So I quit and stayed with maintenance but kept going up and down on my weight. So here I am now 18 lbs heavier wondering what do I do?
That's when I decided to try the old plan again! All my cravings are at night, and Patzi you and I have talked about this before! I'm so glad you are doing well, I pray everyday for god to give me the strength to control my eating habits and maybe one day he will give me that blessing!

I'm looking forward to being back on here and reading everyones ups and downs and will definitely be looking for support!

skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:59 PM   #2  

Skelley....

Welcome Back.. So glad to see you are back again.. I cannot use the new program. When I gain on maintenance I go back to the old green menu.. I gained 5 pounds over the holiday and finally have taken it off. Just went back to the old green menu and it came off slowly, but back to 5 under goal again.

Wishing everyone a great February weight loss...

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:51 PM   #3  

What are the differences in the old menus? I've posted about being hungry. If I ask at the center, will they still provide the 'old' menus?

I lost another pound at my weigh in yesterday and inches! Slow and steady, haha.
Christina2927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:35 PM   #4  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina2927 View Post
What are the differences in the old menus? I've posted about being hungry. If I ask at the center, will they still provide the 'old' menus?

I lost another pound at my weigh in yesterday and inches! Slow and steady, haha.
Hi Christina,
The new more menu gives you more choices vs the old menu, like the healthy fats and extras, for some reason I was starving on the new more menu. The old menu was a little more strict. It was done in phases, yellow menu for 4 days then day 5 you would go to the blue menu and then day 11 the green menu. I did great on the first go around, but then when you hit maintenance they basically have you count calories that's it! But in order to maintain you really need to stick to the green menu or if you are on the new more plan you need to stick to the more menu. You could probably add a few extras but don't go too far off like patzi said or you will gain. So now I'm going back tomorrow for the 4th time and this time I hope I know exactly what to do! I felt so good the first time around and want that same feeling again!

goodluck
Old 02-06-2015, 09:38 PM   #5  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Skelley....

Welcome Back.. So glad to see you are back again.. I cannot use the new program. When I gain on maintenance I go back to the old green menu.. I gained 5 pounds over the holiday and finally have taken it off. Just went back to the old green menu and it came off slowly, but back to 5 under goal again.

Wishing everyone a great February weight loss...

Patzi
Thank you patzi! I'm praying this time I've learned from all the other times what I need to do. I believe you have found the way, using the old green menu is what works. But this time I'm starting over with 1 week on the old pre-conditioning then the yellow, blue then onto the green and to maintenance and like you I will branch out a little in a healthy way but not too far out.! I'm so glad you have stayed in touch on here and I'm so looking forward to supporting each other and anyone on hear who needs it.

Thanks again
Old 02-08-2015, 11:22 AM   #6  

Checking on Bigdog...

Are you ok.. Have not heard from you for awhile . Miss hearing from you.

Patzi
Old 02-08-2015, 01:25 PM   #7  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Dang! I just wrote a super long post and accidently deleted (using iPhone)
Long story short- regained all I lost- don't care for counselor (she's on the Hdrops that we can't talk about- is not motivating or share any new ideas - I did rejoin in Dec for 17 weeks but have only been once to weigh in. I grit my teeth when she's talking! Anyway - it's not about her- it's about me!
Anyway starting last week- I'm eating more salads, exercising more and started tracking on Fitness Pal. It evens tells me when I go over my carb allowance and sends me reminders. Regained 15 lbs over the holidays and have lost 5 so far
Skelley- I'm with you. New beginning date 2-9 with the green menu.
I know what to do and cannot believe I gained back my weight!! My muffin top has expanded into a freaking cake top

Last edited by bigdog; 02-08-2015 at 01:29 PM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:11 PM   #8  
Sherry, Senior Member

Okay I went to my center Saturday to weigh in, hadn't been for about 4 wks, I was up 3.5 lbs from the last time I was there so not too bad, but overall I need to lose 18lbs to get to my goal weight. I love my gal that I see, even though I'm on maintenance and was out of my range weight she did not say anything about re-joining. I asked her about going back to the green menu. She explained that she couldn't tell me to go back to it since I'm officially in maintenance but what I do when I leave there who know what I'm doing LOL!
But she did suggest that I just follow the maintenance menu as it is only 1200 calories and has all the healthy foods that is on the green menu. So I'm going to try that this week and see if I in fact lose. I've been eating all the bad carbs and that is why I gained. I go back Saturday the 14th to weigh in so here is to a loss of hopefully at least 2-3 lbs.

Big dog I hear you, I had a counselor the second time I joined and she was okay but I love the one I see now. Hang in there we can do this!!

Old 02-08-2015, 07:53 PM   #9  

My hubby is out and about Thursday, so I got the stuff to make the Big Mac in a bowl. I'm excited to try it out!

I've been eating pretty well, I'm trying to be conscious of if im actually hungry, or just want to eat. I wish you could just shut your appetite off, haha.

Any big valentines plans?? None here. Probably just having out at home with the kiddos <3
Old 02-08-2015, 09:48 PM   #10  
Sherry, Senior Member

Christina I'm with you on shutting off the appetite for sure, I am also trying to determine if I'm hungry or if it's boredom. We are going out with friends and family sat night and staying overnight in a hotel but I have it all on plan so wish me luck😁💝.

I'm weighing in sat am before we head out so I'll have some encouragement from my counselor!

Old 02-08-2015, 10:29 PM   #11  

Height: 5'5

Between DD birthday yesterday and date night with the hubby I failed to stay on plan yesterday. Today has been better, and I'm pushing the water…ugh but carbs are soooo tasty
thelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:39 AM   #12  

Bigdog...

Glad to see you back.. You can do this, for sure...Ftness Pal is great. I use it.

Wishing everyone a great weight loss week..

I changed my day from Tuesday to Friday for this week, so will weigh in then.

Patzi
Old 02-09-2015, 06:42 AM   #13  

Skelly, good luck on your night away!! How fun!!

Are you guys alone in your eating? Or do your significant others follow the plan too? My husband follows the plan too, so that makes things easier at our house, but I have snacks for my three year old and five year old there to tempt me!
Old 02-09-2015, 07:55 AM   #14  

Happy Monday! I guess I have a lot to say today! Has anyone tried the 'stone wave' microwave cooker? They had them at our dollar store, so I figured why not? I made a poached egg this morning and was super impressed! I may go pick up a couple more in case I break mine! I topped it with 1 oz of Monterey Jack cheese and avocado. Yum! Add that to an apple and a hot green tea cranberry HNS and I'm good to go!
Old 02-09-2015, 08:22 AM   #15  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina2927 View Post
Skelly, good luck on your night away!! How fun!!

Are you guys alone in your eating? Or do your significant others follow the plan too? My husband follows the plan too, so that makes things easier at our house, but I have snacks for my three year old and five year old there to tempt me!
I'm the only one who follows the plan, I cook for everyone and incorporate my food as well.