Old 11-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchLizzie View Post
Hi Everyone - been quite a while since I have posted on this site. I was on MRC in the past and will be rejoining on Monday. It just seemed to be the one that worked for me when I followed the program. Just wanted to stop by and say hello!
Welcome . MRC does definately work if one follows the program. Want to wish you the best in your new challenge.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #47  

aschooley29

I go to friends for Thanksgiving as I have no family here in the South. All up North. I stay over, and I always bring something like the following recipe for breakfast because while losing weight, never ate those breakfast casseroles that were not on plan, or danish, coffee cake with icing or bagels, etc... I always brought the following dish and I would have a slice of this with an HNS and that kept me on program as best as I could with a good choice.

You can alter this to the MRC plan you are on.

SPINACH CASSEROLE.
1 pkg. frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and well drained
16 oz. fat free cottage cheese
1 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese( you can use mozzarella or any fat
free cheese of your choice)
1/2 cup egg substitute.

Mix all together and then bake in a square pan sprayed with Pam for one hour
on 350 degrees

Spices of your choice.

Cut into 4 servings FREEZES VERY WELL.. I always have a version of this in
the freezer as there are days, don't feel like fussing over breakfast. This is a large serving. I usually cut mine into 6 slices..

Being on maintenance I have this with turkey bacon or with turkey sausage, which I will do day after Thanksgiving. Does not bother me watching others eat all the foods that got me fat in the first place. One lesson I learned while on MRC.. Don't feel sorry for myself because I will not eat the foods others are.

Other veggies of your choice may be used.

Hope others share Thanksgiving menus that are on plan. I am very interested.

Patzi
Old 11-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #48  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Weighed in yesterday at the Center and was down 1.5 lbs yay!! I started maintenance jan 4th 2013, gained 15 lbs back but now i'm doing calories in calories out using my fitbit flex and have for a month now, it's working!! I still drink the peach mango HNS's because I love the flavor and it's low cal and high protein!! I have 12lbs to lose to get back to my goal weight! Its slowly but surely coming off and that's okay!!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Weighed in yesterday at the Center and was down 1.5 lbs yay!! I started maintenance jan 4th 2013, gained 15 lbs back but now i'm doing calories in calories out using my fitbit flex and have for a month now, it's working!! I still drink the peach mango HNS's because I love the flavor and it's low cal and high protein!! I have 12lbs to lose to get back to my goal weight! Its slowly but surely coming off and that's okay!!
Skelley.. So happy for you. It may be coming off slowly, but that is fine, it will eventually all be off.. It really will.

I sometimes have the HNS .. I like mine in LaCroix, Coconut Sparkling Water with lots of ice...

Keep up the good work.
Patzi
Old 11-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #50  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Skelley.. So happy for you. It may be coming off slowly, but that is fine, it will eventually all be off.. It really will.

I sometimes have the HNS .. I like mine in LaCroix, Coconut Sparkling Water with lots of ice...

Keep up the good work.
Patzi
thank you patzi, yes it will come off, i'm being patient!!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #51  
5 kids and fat

S/C/G: 208/182/154

Height: 5'7

I just weighed in and I am down 3 lbs this week!! I think I will actually make my goal of 20lbs by Thanksgiving!!! 13 down....7 to go
aschooley29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschooley29 View Post
I just weighed in and I am down 3 lbs this week!! I think I will actually make my goal of 20lbs by Thanksgiving!!! 13 down....7 to go
Way to go... That is a great weigh loss... I am happy for you..

Patzi
Old 11-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #53  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

Went into the center today after not having been in for over a week. Am up 2lbs and I'm incredibly frustrated. I'm tired of having the same food over and over. School is stressing me out and I'm just exhausted. Don't have the heart to change my ticker back to 187
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #54  

I had maintenance weigh in today and lost 1/2 pound, so am 5 1/2 pounds under goal.

Here is something a friend of mine gave me that is on MRC..

MRC CHOCOLATE BROWNIES

1 pkg. creamy hot cocoa or double chocolate
3 tablespoons water
1/2 tsp. canola oil(optional)
1 scoop cocoa powder
1 pkg. sweetener (optional)

Stir ingredients together and put in a small bowl.. Microwave 30-45 seconds.

That is it.
If anyone receives any holiday recipes from MRC, please share.

Patzi
Old 11-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHarpie View Post
Went into the center today after not having been in for over a week. Am up 2lbs and I'm incredibly frustrated. I'm tired of having the same food over and over. School is stressing me out and I'm just exhausted. Don't have the heart to change my ticker back to 187
I am an OR nurse and work many hours a week, so know the exhaustion routine.. I make many recipes and I freeze them, and I vary what I ate. No need to eat the same thing over and over. I freeze things like turkey chili, turkey meatloaf, chicken burgers, etc... I also make egg quiche type dishes on program and freeze them, as it is easy to heat up in microwave.

Do you like fish? Fish , broiled takes very little time.

It is hard when one gains weight, but try to say today is a new day, and go ahead... Please don't beat yourself up for gaining. This happens and it is so frustrating, but there is hope at the end.

Hope you have a good week ..

Patzi
Old 11-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #56  

I just received this from a friend.. Sounds yummy.

Snack Girl Peppermint Mocha Recipe

1/4 cup lowfat milk I use soy milk)
1/4 cup coffee ( can be caffeine free if you wish)
1 tablespoon sugar free chocolate syrup
1 drop peppermint extract

Brew some coffee and heat milk in microwave until hot. Mix chocolate syrup and peppermint extract into coffee. Foam milk with milk frother or just pour hot milk into cup.

I buy Mocha Cocoal from Diet Direct.. I always add soy milk to that, tonight I will try the chocolate syrup and pepperming extract.

Patzi
Old 11-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #57  
5 kids and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHarpie View Post
I was also getting tired of eating the same things. Try going online to find new recipes using the same items. You can also get a cookbook at the MRC center. I have not gotten my cookbook yet but I am told there are some good recipes. My got some good recipes from my counselor. Last night I made an outstanding lasagna, tastes wonderful, and it is on plan. If you would like I can give you the recipe. Hope things get better.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #58  
5 kids and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
I had maintenance weigh in today and lost 1/2 pound, so am 5 1/2 pounds under goal.

Here is something a friend of mine gave me that is on MRC..

MRC CHOCOLATE BROWNIES

1 pkg. creamy hot cocoa or double chocolate
3 tablespoons water
1/2 tsp. canola oil(optional)
1 scoop cocoa powder
1 pkg. sweetener (optional)

Stir ingredients together and put in a small bowl.. Microwave 30-45 seconds.

That is it.
If anyone receives any holiday recipes from MRC, please share.

Patzi
Thank you so much for sharing this. I am going to try it tonight!! Oh yea, oh yea, brownie for me
Old 11-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 204/204/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Started preconditioning

Good Evening all! I went back to my center yesterday and had a great talk with my counselor - I forgot how much I enjoy talking with her. I signed back up for 17 weeks and started preconditioning today! So far - so good! Looking forward to my meeting next week - she is going to pull my old file to use my saliva test and get me back on track. I'm in a really good place right now and hope to visit this forum regularly to help in my journey!!
FetchLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #60  
5 kids and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchLizzie View Post
Good Evening all! I went back to my center yesterday and had a great talk with my counselor - I forgot how much I enjoy talking with her. I signed back up for 17 weeks and started preconditioning today! So far - so good! Looking forward to my meeting next week - she is going to pull my old file to use my saliva test and get me back on track. I'm in a really good place right now and hope to visit this forum regularly to help in my journey!!
Good Luck on your journey!!! I have found strength in this forum. It helps me to know that I am not alone. I have not heard of a saliva test. What is that for?