I weighed in this morning....2 more pounds down
WooHoo! Way to go!
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady67 View Post
You have stated that it did not taste as good as I made it out in my mind to be. I have found that with various foods. I cheated once and had a snickers candy bar. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. There are other chocolates that aren't as good as I thought they would be.

I have decided that I might as well not do it... Lose the weight... I will feel better...and I have had a big plus. I have a HUGE factor on this. My triglycerides were over 200. I had my yearly physical and they were only 71. I am amazed. They were high the last 3 years when I had my yearly physical... and to drop that much. Wow.

I will stick to the diet... I will choose not to eat that stuff that made me unhealthy. I will be ok.
Lady, congrats on the triglycerides drop! That's great.

I'm finding out there are plenty of things that just don't taste so good that I find them worth eating, or worth eating much of anyway. In fact, I'm good for about 3 bites... The first one I really like, the second I truly savor, and then the third, I'm ready to say, "well that was good, but I've had enough". If the first bite doesn't excite me, I don't even bother going further...
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 235.5/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

thanks Ladies!!!

One day at a time!
Lady67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 204.4/191.4/151

Height: 5'6

Default preconditioning

So I'm back to mrc...was on plan 3 years ago and quit before I hit my goal because I went broke...fast forward to now. ..I'm happily married and had my second child who is 7.5 months. ..I decided since I couldn't find a winter coat without going to the plus size section it was time to get started again. ... what stinks is last time I think I lost 6 lbs on preconditioning and I have my weigh in today and only think I've lost 1-2....I hope my body responds
jmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #95  
5 kids and fat

S/C/G: 208/182/154

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgirl View Post
So I'm back to mrc...was on plan 3 years ago and quit before I hit my goal because I went broke...fast forward to now. ..I'm happily married and had my second child who is 7.5 months. ..I decided since I couldn't find a winter coat without going to the plus size section it was time to get started again. ... what stinks is last time I think I lost 6 lbs on preconditioning and I have my weigh in today and only think I've lost 1-2....I hope my body responds
Welcome to the group!!
aschooley29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #96  

I had maintenance weigh in and maintained, 5 under goal.. So, I am happy with that.

JMGirl, welcome back..

Marleney... Great weight loss. Happy for you.

Lady 67, awesome results... I had high blood pressure when I started MRC, 200/110 when I went to Mayo, and I knew I was due for a stroke.. I had to go on meds, and then with the diet, have been med free and my blood pressure this morning
is 114/70/pulse being 68. It is normal and no meds, and that is a good thing.

Wishing you all a great week for weight loss and have a great day.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 235.5/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Welcome back! I am sure your body will respond. Sometimes it gets shocked when we do something it is not used to!

Patzi - thanks !!! I am on high bp meds too. Am hoping to get off of them. Unfortunately with a high stress life, my bp jumps too much for my dr to be ok with me going off yet... but I have 30 some more lbs yet to lose, so I am hopeful I will get off of them yet!
Lady67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #98  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
No I'm not on plan anymore. I gained back over 40 of the 60 lbs I lost on plan and am struggling, struggling, struggling to get it back off. I tried going back on plan out of desperation a couple of times, but my metabolism is apparently just a mess from all the yo-yo'ing because I hardly lost much at all even when doing the extreme MetaBoost plan (and I always follow plans perfectly when I'm on them). Anyway, I'm taking what I learned on plan and pretty much eating the same, minus the HNS's, but I'm tracking my caloric intake to make sure I stay above 1200 calories. Oh, and I am eating more carbs because I need the energy for strenuous exercise, but I'm still making sure to get the bulk of my carbs from fresh fruits and vegetables instead of from bread or whatever.

When I read your posts, it reminds me of the Intuitive Eating book that many on here have talked about. I think it would really resonate with you.
I have the book I am "studying" it. I think we may be quite similar in mindset, attitude, and even size...I'm tall and carry weight well but when there was too much of it, I felt awful. Getting lean and feeling good but not feeling good with too few calories and so many HSNs. Battle of the mind between shedding it fast & furious or shedding it slowly with slow, steady, and healthy. I have gone back on plan but don't feel great. I think slow, steady and healthy will win - for ME. I've maintained all I've lost even when I jumped off plan (what I mean by jumping off plan is eating clean and healthy but getting a balance and adequate calories). I've taken off 5 more being on plan but my system feels so unstable. I've never been a "dieter". My issues came mostly from my dumb thyroid. Turns out, cutting the caffiene was the magic key. I had joined MRC before figuring that out. SO, membership is up next month. Will most likely continue with my own plan of eating right, working out, and staying positive! I'm excited I've dropped 25 lbs and have continued to go down and not gain regardless of being on or off plan.

Last edited by gumdropmom; 11-20-2013 at 02:24 PM.
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #99  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
I had maintenance weigh in and maintained, 5 under goal.. So, I am happy with that.

JMGirl, welcome back..

Marleney... Great weight loss. Happy for you.

Lady 67, awesome results... I had high blood pressure when I started MRC, 200/110 when I went to Mayo, and I knew I was due for a stroke.. I had to go on meds, and then with the diet, have been med free and my blood pressure this morning
is 114/70/pulse being 68. It is normal and no meds, and that is a good thing.

Wishing you all a great week for weight loss and have a great day.

Patzi
Patzi, you are such an encourager and very inspiring to many. I've only been on the forum a few months. Do you mind sharing how much you lost? I'm simply curious. I'm a little over half way and stay motivated by the fact my efforts ARE WORKING! When I read your posts it makes me just want to meet you for coffee Have a great week.
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #100  
5 kids and fat

I ordered a couple of shirts in the size I want to be. They just got here today. They are really small. I am not sure I will ever fit into them. I still hope they can be a source of inspiration. I also just got the the MRC cookbook. I will post any good recipes that I try.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #101  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Jm-welcome back!!

Aschooly..great idea...ifthry are stretchy, etc...choose 1 you like and "try"it on once a week, then take a pic...you might only be able to get your arms in now but each month more and more of you will "fit" in then at the end even if they dont fit or dont fit how you want them to...it wasnt money wasted...it was a good tool for comparison

Weighed in, -3.4 today oot!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #102  
5 kids and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSDREAMER2007 View Post
Jm-welcome back!!

Aschooly..great idea...ifthry are stretchy, etc...choose 1 you like and "try"it on once a week, then take a pic...you might only be able to get your arms in now but each month more and more of you will "fit" in then at the end even if they dont fit or dont fit how you want them to...it wasnt money wasted...it was a good tool for comparison

Congrats on the 3.4... that is awesome!!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSDREAMER2007 View Post
Jm-welcome back!!

Congrats on weight loss. That is fantastic...

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 204.4/191.4/151

Height: 5'6

Default First weigh in

Week 1 down 4.4!!!!!
jmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #105  

Quote:
Week 1 down 4.4!!!!!