Old 10-26-2013, 11:46 PM   #241  
5 kids and fat

S/C/G: 208/182/154

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Just found a stray chicken bouillon HNS today and baked up a batch of chicken for the week also. Will try this for lunch tomorrow. Thanks!
I hope you enjoy it!!
aschooley29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #242  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschooley29 View Post
I went to a Halloween Party at my church tonight. Lots of good food there to tempt me. I brought a chicken salad. I was too embarrassed to take out my salad and eat it in front of everyone, so I went to my car and ate it. I am not sure why I was embarrassed but I was. I am proud that I did not eat any of the tempting foods!
This made me chuckle. I brought salads many, many places while on plan. Have eaten them at the mall, at other people's houses, in my car... Gotta do what ya gotta do! Stick with it girl you're doing great!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
I went to a Halloween Party at my church tonight. Lots of good food there to tempt me. I brought a chicken salad. I was too embarrassed to take out my salad and eat it in front of everyone, so I went to my car and ate it. I am not sure why I was embarrassed but I was. I am proud that I did not eat any of the tempting foods!
Before I got to maintenance, I would also take my own dinner to events at church, and even events for school activities for the kids. People would ask, and I would explain that I was on a program diet and what I was eating was part of the program. Funny, because the moms who are slim got it, the others didn't. Usually events are potluck, so now I take a big salad or veggie tray, and can usually find some other stuff that works for me.

Good job for not eating the temptation!!!!
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 204/194.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Newbie here and contemplating canceling (still have a day to decide). Biggest concern is the low, low calorie intake. I've never done well long term when I cut my calories more than 1200 and usually lose steadily at 1500. I'm also concerned that maintenance is going to be a low calorie diet for the rest of my life. I just don't think that's realistic. I know you can't go back to eating fast food and cake every day, but with moderate exercise, a person should be able to maintain their weight lost at 1800 to 2000 calories.
Fran Veal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #245  
5 kids and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran Veal View Post
Newbie here and contemplating canceling (still have a day to decide). Biggest concern is the low, low calorie intake. I've never done well long term when I cut my calories more than 1200 and usually lose steadily at 1500. I'm also concerned that maintenance is going to be a low calorie diet for the rest of my life. I just don't think that's realistic. I know you can't go back to eating fast food and cake every day, but with moderate exercise, a person should be able to maintain their weight lost at 1800 to 2000 calories.
I have been on the program for 2 weeks. It is not too bad. I have not been too hungry and I have now lost almost 10 lbs. I also hope to be able to eat somewhat regular after I am able to maintain for awhile. Correct me if I am wrong ladies but from what I understand while on maintenance you gradually add food back into your diet when you start gaining you stop. So each of us will be able to eat a different amount while still maintaining. Good luck on your journey!!
Old 10-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #246  
5 kids and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneV View Post
Before I got to maintenance, I would also take my own dinner to events at church, and even events for school activities for the kids. People would ask, and I would explain that I was on a program diet and what I was eating was part of the program. Funny, because the moms who are slim got it, the others didn't. Usually events are potluck, so now I take a big salad or veggie tray, and can usually find some other stuff that works for me.

Good job for not eating the temptation!!!!
Thanks MarlenV!!
Old 10-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #247  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
I have been on the program for 2 weeks. It is not too bad. I have not been too hungry and I have now lost almost 10 lbs. I also hope to be able to eat somewhat regular after I am able to maintain for awhile. Correct me if I am wrong ladies but from what I understand while on maintenance you gradually add food back into your diet when you start gaining you stop. So each of us will be able to eat a different amount while still maintaining. Good luck on your journey!!
aschooley29: After you hit your goal weight they start you on stabilization for six weeks and yes you start adding back certain foods but the foods you ate during the pre-conditioning are pretty much all you can eat. I started MRC june 2012 and hit maintenance in jan 2013 and after two months all the cravings came back my inches came back and I gained about 15 lbs, now i'm back on the green menu again to lose the 15 lbs, it's hard and very strict. I have found that I can't eat carbs anymore without gaining, during the program they eliminate a lot of the carbs so your body gets use to not having them. So during the stabilization each week you add back say a dairy one week then a carb the next week and if you gain then they can see what food you added and then you have to put it on your elimination list that you can't eat that certain food. After I got done with the program the first go around it cost me about $2500. So this time around i'm only doing the HNS drinks but i'm finding it hard to follow so i'm actually staying around 1200 calories a day and i'm losing at least 1lb a week. Goodluck to all the newbies!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #248  
5 kids and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
aschooley29: After you hit your goal weight they start you on stabilization for six weeks and yes you start adding back certain foods but the foods you ate during the pre-conditioning are pretty much all you can eat. I started MRC june 2012 and hit maintenance in jan 2013 and after two months all the cravings came back my inches came back and I gained about 15 lbs, now i'm back on the green menu again to lose the 15 lbs, it's hard and very strict. I have found that I can't eat carbs anymore without gaining, during the program they eliminate a lot of the carbs so your body gets use to not having them. So during the stabilization each week you add back say a dairy one week then a carb the next week and if you gain then they can see what food you added and then you have to put it on your elimination list that you can't eat that certain food. After I got done with the program the first go around it cost me about $2500. So this time around i'm only doing the HNS drinks but i'm finding it hard to follow so i'm actually staying around 1200 calories a day and i'm losing at least 1lb a week. Goodluck to all the newbies!
How many HNS' are you doing a day? How many did you take the first time? So far I have found that the HNS' are the most expensive part of the program. How are you getting 1200 cal a day while on the green menu?
Old 10-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #249  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

I agree with you fran, this is why I am taking their plan, menus and support and changing it to suit me. Good luck! Hopefully we will be doing this together!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #250  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
How many HNS' are you doing a day? How many did you take the first time? So far I have found that the HNS' are the most expensive part of the program. How are you getting 1200 cal a day while on the green menu?
I'm doing three a day, did 3-4 first time around. The expensive items are the vitamins, oils, efa's, and I took cortitrim and MRC6, I agree the program works for fast weight loss but when I was on it even with the green menu I averaged around 700-800 calories a day, I see where some on here say on the green menu they get 1000-1200 a day but I never managed to get that. I'm not following the green menu anymore, i'm on myfitnesspal and using the fitbit flex band and doing calories in calories out and i'm losing 1-1 1/2 lbs a week doing -750 calorie deficit a day. I can't seem to stay on plan thru MRC, but I was also told that their menus are specifically set up to keep you in fat burn mode and if you eat outside the menu's it will slow your weight loss. I'm not saying the plan doesn't work but I can't eat the same foods over and over forever.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #251  

Skelley...

You sound great . You sound positive and that is fantastic. You can make it with a positive attitude.

Patzi..
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #252  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Skelley...

You sound great . You sound positive and that is fantastic. You can make it with a positive attitude.

Patzi..
Thanks patzi, I really think I've found my way using the fitbit flex, it's nice to know just how many calories I actually burn instead of guess. I'm still going to the center to weigh in once a week and the last two weeks I've lost at least 1lb, according to my scales i'm losing 1 1/2lbs but that's ok. I am positive and feel great! I'm losing inches also.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #253  

Skelley 331

I still have not bought that fitbit flex, but really need to get to that. I believe this is the one that Jen told us about..

I do the Fitnesspal and have since I started MRC over 3 years ago.. I think this coming May will be 4 years, but not sure..

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #254  
5 kids and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
I'm doing three a day, did 3-4 first time around. The expensive items are the vitamins, oils, efa's, and I took cortitrim and MRC6, I agree the program works for fast weight loss but when I was on it even with the green menu I averaged around 700-800 calories a day, I see where some on here say on the green menu they get 1000-1200 a day but I never managed to get that. I'm not following the green menu anymore, i'm on myfitnesspal and using the fitbit flex band and doing calories in calories out and i'm losing 1-1 1/2 lbs a week doing -750 calorie deficit a day. I can't seem to stay on plan thru MRC, but I was also told that their menus are specifically set up to keep you in fat burn mode and if you eat outside the menu's it will slow your weight loss. I'm not saying the plan doesn't work but I can't eat the same foods over and over forever.
I completely understand about eating the same things over and over again. It gets very boring. I might try to maintain using the flex band. It sounds like it works.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #255  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Skelley 331

I still have not bought that fitbit flex, but really need to get to that. I believe this is the one that Jen told us about..

I do the Fitnesspal and have since I started MRC over 3 years ago.. I think this coming May will be 4 years, but not sure..

Patzi
Patzi,
Yes this is the one JenB told us about and you would love it. It says you can wear it in the shower but I do not. But other than that I wear it 24/7, I charge it when i'm at my desk at work pretty much idol. But you can track your Blood pressure, your glucose, if you go to their website www.fitbit.com you can see what all it does.