Old 06-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 194/189/149

Height: 5'5"

Work In Progress: Congrats on your loss! I am starting the MetaQuick today for a few days. How many days did you do it? They said I could do 3-7 days. Next time I weigh in is on Tuesday so I think I'll do today-Tuesday then go from there.
kgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 235.5/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

I have made it to 20 lbs

I have one craving.. and that is for good chocolate. I cheated this week and ate some... they told me that now it will take about 4 days to get it out of my system... one day down... 3 left........
Lady67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #33  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina812 View Post
Starting the Lypo B12 shots tomorrow, has anyone done these?
Oh I'm going to try those too, I go next Wednesday the 3rd for my physical then the following week I start my shots. You do 8. Let me know what you think and how it goes. My counselor is taking them and she says her energy level is WOW and the inches are falling off. I started maintenance jan 4th but the last two months I've gained back like 8-10 lbs but it's all around my mid-section, I stopped the coritrim about 3 months ago and i'm wondering if that might be it. I have a somewhat stressful job and I can tell a big difference not taking them.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #34  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Skelley...
Never heard of those pills... I have found that for me to maintain, I have to eat more protein and drink at least one HNS a day.. I am off all other supplements except for fat and carb blockers and I only take two of those if I am out to eat. I don't like taking the HNS, but it seems to help me maintain. I was doing two and am down to one.

Also, with me I had a bad craving the other day and I figured let me try a fat fix, so tried a teaspoon of peanut butter and that did it. I ate it off spoon and had to drink something to get it down.

My friend in Colorado told me she needs to have three snacks a day and three healthy meals a day to maintain. Without the snacks she finds herself
grazing all day with cravings. I guess we all have different situations.

I hear MRC is now pushing the coffee extract or something like that pills.
I will not try them, unless I hear some positive feedback.

Patzi
Patzi: I was off all the pills too, but i'm gaining lbs and inches around my mid section. I'm doing really good staying within my 1300 calories I was put on to maintain but it's not working.

Patzi: At night I'm craving chips and then cookies, if I eat one I eat the other no matter what, I actually tell myself when i'm walking into the kitchen that I don't need them but still eat it like it's a habit or something but then there are evenings when I don't eat anything.
I guess I'll keep trying, I am going to do the Lipo B12 injections and see if that helps.

Patzi: At night I'm craving chips and then cookies, if I eat one I eat the other no matter what, I actually tell myself when i'm walking into the kitchen that I don't need them but still eat it like it's a habit or something but then there are evenings when I don't eat anything.

Last edited by skelley331; 06-28-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #35  

Skelley...
I don't keep snacks in the house that I can't control. I make my husband baked oatmeal and oat bran cookies, but those are his, and I only have the baked oatmeal on occasion.

I was told to eat a protein dessert at night, that is why I take some FF Greek yogurt, add a package of the chocolate or vanilla pudding mix, some walnuts for some crunch, some stevia for sweetener, and freeze it. Have to watch it as it really freezes well, but I like that, as it takes me longer to eat it.. I find if I eat a dessert like this I don't gain, but if I eat the baked oatmeal at night which is a carb with fruit, I gain. Go figure. I do not use too much yogurt, just something to make it creamy and then add some soy milk or whatever milk you use to get a nice consistency.. Maybe try something like that.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #36  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Skelley...
I don't keep snacks in the house that I can't control. I make my husband baked oatmeal and oat bran cookies, but those are his, and I only have the baked oatmeal on occasion.

I was told to eat a protein dessert at night, that is why I take some FF Greek yogurt, add a package of the chocolate or vanilla pudding mix, some walnuts for some crunch, some stevia for sweetener, and freeze it. Have to watch it as it really freezes well, but I like that, as it takes me longer to eat it.. I find if I eat a dessert like this I don't gain, but if I eat the baked oatmeal at night which is a carb with fruit, I gain. Go figure. I do not use too much yogurt, just something to make it creamy and then add some soy milk or whatever milk you use to get a nice consistency.. Maybe try something like that.

Patzi
Thank you patzi I will try that and see if it helps. I'm hoping I eventually will find the right mix of things.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:37 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgarcia View Post
Work In Progress: Congrats on your loss! I am starting the MetaQuick today for a few days. How many days did you do it? They said I could do 3-7 days. Next time I weigh in is on Tuesday so I think I'll do today-Tuesday then go from there.

I've done 4 days at a time. Funny thing, I would lose a little on this, and then lose better the next cycle back on regular plan.

Assuming you go to the CO Springs center. My mom & sister go there, and I'm doing "at home" with Carrie there. She's wonderful.
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #38  

I had a snow cone machine that was not being used and collecting dust.. Well I froze some water and crushed it and added the HNS Tropical Gel to it and it is delicious.. Nice and refreshing and a nice snack. I live in the South and it is real hot and humid now, so this is nice.

Patzi
Old 06-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #39  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
I had a snow cone machine that was not being used and collecting dust.. Well I froze some water and crushed it and added the HNS Tropical Gel to it and it is delicious.. Nice and refreshing and a nice snack. I live in the South and it is real hot and humid now, so this is nice.

Patzi
Patzi: You mentioned you are off all supplements except the fat and carb blocker that you use when you go out to eat and maybe an occasional HNS. Other than that do you eat only the foods on plan or do you add other foods in your daily routine? My problem is I can't bring myself to eat only foods on plan.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #40  

what is the hns tropical gel? I haven't head of that one?? is it a jello?? or on of the hns's that are in a tube like a popscicle?
tennesseemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Patzi: You mentioned you are off all supplements except the fat and carb blocker that you use when you go out to eat and maybe an occasional HNS. Other than that do you eat only the foods on plan or do you add other foods in your daily routine? My problem is I can't bring myself to eat only foods on plan.
Skelley...

I eat wide, but very healthy.. I do not eat junk food. Always have a healthy dessert like baked oatmeal if I have a craving for carbs. I will go back to the green menu if I weigh in and gain a couple until next weigh in. Once I hit maintenance I did try to eat wider foods.

Patzi
Old 07-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #42  

Diet Direct has a 20% coupon going, called Summer20. It is for the Proti Diet HNS, concentrated drink mixes. I use this for a replacement to MRC
protein concentrated drink.

I threw away the new Meal Replacement Shake that I purchased from MRC as it was gross and only 15 grams of protein, not anything like the old shakes, as I had previously mentioned. I was told I need to have a Protein Concentrate Drink Mix along with the shake to bring it up to 30 grams of protein.

Diet Direct has the Bari Wise Meal Replacement Shake , Vanilla and Chocolate and when I bought it last week it was $17.95. It is like the old shakes. The new shakes @MRC have gone up to $25.00 as they are newly formatted.

Just thought I would share for those of you who order from Diet Direct.

Skelly do not know whether I mentioned to your or not, but my friend on
MRC eats three meals and three snacks a day on maintenance and is maintaining.
Patzi
Old 07-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #43  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Skelley...

I eat wide, but very healthy.. I do not eat junk food. Always have a healthy dessert like baked oatmeal if I have a craving for carbs. I will go back to the green menu if I weigh in and gain a couple until next weigh in. Once I hit maintenance I did try to eat wider foods.

Patzi
Okay thanks for the feedback, I eat pretty healthy also. Once in awhile i'll have a York peppermint pattie. But I cook at home and I do eat pizza once in awhile or tacos( not the MRC receipe).
Old 07-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Okay thanks for the feedback, I eat pretty healthy also. Once in awhile i'll have a York peppermint pattie. But I cook at home and I do eat pizza once in awhile or tacos( not the MRC receipe).
Skelly...
On maintenance what you mentioned is fine, everything in moderation. I find that as long as I don't feel guilty about it, I am fine. If I gain weight with it, then I delete it from my likes for time being and go back to it later..

Patzi
Old 07-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #45  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Skelly...
On maintenance what you mentioned is fine, everything in moderation. I find that as long as I don't feel guilty about it, I am fine. If I gain weight with it, then I delete it from my likes for time being and go back to it later..

Patzi
Thanks Patzi for your input, makes me feel better.