Old 02-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #16  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

These all sound great I am going to have to try them!!As far as the pizza goes I remembered that I always get this product at my local Hyvee and it's called Eden Organic Pizza and Pasta Sauce, so I could use that. I love this sauce! It has 4 g of carbs and 1 g of fat. I figure it's ok with just one carb off because I don't use that much I just put a bit on spaghetti squash. I found it online also. Half the time I use venison instead of the turkey because it is so dry like you said and I think it tastes way better!
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #17  
I can do this!

Tried the apple celery salad in the cookbook and I LOVED it.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #18  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peg51 View Post
I know it sounds crazy, but the Kraut Burger is amazing. I dip it in Dijonnaise and it is just wondefully moist. Sometimes that ground turkey breast is pretty dry, but this recipe really adds moisture!
I finally got to make this today and WOW! I am in love with this recipe! I like sauerkraut and hadn't realized there was a recipe in the cookbook using it. Love that it doesn't use any HNS's. I will be making this again and again. And I will make it for my family and friends too! Eating like this is not dieting - it is living!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #19  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default A bigger bowl of Jello

Okay, for those of you who love the strawberry-banana gelatin, but lament over how few bites is in a portion, I have been experimenting and have figured out how to get good Jello from the concentrated HNS's. The center will tell you to just make it as usual and add the Knox gelatin. Not true - flavor is not strong enough for good Jello, it tastes watery. And also this method gives you Knox Blox gelatin, not soft gelatin. Here's how I make it:

A bigger bowl of Jello

1 envelope Knox gelatin, unflavored
1 concentrate HNS (orange, grape, wildberry, etc.)
1 1/4 C complimentary flavored zero calorie beverage (diet soda, crystal light), divided (1 Cup to boil, 1/4 Cup cold)
  1. In a small saucepan pour the concentrate and 1 cup of your zero calorie beverage and bring to a boil.
  2. In a bowl (the one you will be refrigerating -you need about a 12 oz capacity - I used a cereal bowl) pour the remaining 1/4 cup of your cold zero calorie beverage.
  3. Just as you see the concentrate mixture start coming to a boil, sprinkle the Knox gelatin over the 1/4 Cup cold beverage in the bowl and let sit for one minute.
  4. Add the hot mixture to your bowl and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate a few hours or until firm. Enjoy!

I did not find diet 7-up to be a good choice to mix with - doesn't add enough of it's own flavor. Ditto on sparkling waters - the kind that come in the big 2 liter bottles that don't taste like juice on their own but are meant to add to juices. The ones labeled sparkling water that are sold to drink as-is are great. Walmart sells a brand for 68 cents in several flavors. I tried the White Grape with the grape concentrate and it was perfect.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

I tried the blueberry pancakes and loved them. They will be my new weekend breakfast.

1 HNS vanilla pudding packet
3 egg whites
1 splenda packet
1-2 oz water (optional)
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (I used fresh)
Waldens Farms Pancake syrup
I can't believe its not butter spray (optional)
Pam cooking spray

Whisk all the ingredients together. Add blueberries. Cook like regular pancakes on griddle with Pam. Top with Waldens Farms Pancake Syrup. Enjoy!

I loved this recipe!!!
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #21  
I can do this!

YUM! Going to have to try that one!!!I had the pizza and it is very good. If you guys like tilapia I posted a recipe in the recipe threads a little while back, it is my favorite recipe and I make it and freeze it all the time-found it on pinterest.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 148/115.4/115

Height: 5'2

Does anyone know if we can have butternut squash?
briannashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #23  
I can do this!

I don't think we can have that kind