Old 04-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #1  

Wink New to MRC

I am new to MRC but so excited! I started 32 days ago and have lost 19lbs to date. I am finding I am getting a little bored with my food. I drink plenty of water but the loss of lbs has kept me inspired. I still have sweet cravings from time to time. Has anyone used GUGGLI?
Channer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 166/148/135

Height: 5'4"

Don't know what GUGGLI is. Good job on the weightloss! I've been on MRC about 23 days myself. Getting really bored with the food choices, but like you, the weightloss is the motivating factor and losing 15 inches doesn't hurt either.

My big problem is the boredom from the food choices. I still have cravings, but I think it's more from the limited choices. But hey, I do miss my sweets!
zeefraug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/251/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channer View Post
I am new to MRC but so excited! I started 32 days ago and have lost 19lbs to date. I am finding I am getting a little bored with my food. I drink plenty of water but the loss of lbs has kept me inspired. I still have sweet cravings from time to time. Has anyone used GUGGLI?
Welcome! Congrats on your weight-loss. Have you tried anything in the cookbook? The amazing cheezecake is pretty good, and we've also made something for lunch with spinach, cottage cheese, and chicken that is cooked in the microwave...(sounds gross but was actually pretty good). Lettuce gets pretty old after a while! Try looking in the menus thread to see if there is any other recipes you could use to change things up.
Sorry I never used the guggul...but I think chromium picolinate helps with cravings too b/c it helps regulate blood sugar.
newme12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:43 AM   #4  

Sorry...I meant to say recipes thread, not menus.
But also wanted to recommend trying the Choco Frosty: it is 6 oz of chocolate diet soda,( I get mine at publix), 1 pkg. double chocolate pudding supplement and 5 ice cubes.
I also love to have a concentrate protein supplement over shaved ice...it tastes as good as the real thing to me!
Hope these ideas help.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Welcome!!! Definitely check out the recipes thread and/or purchase a cookbook. There are so many options out there so you don't get bored. Hang in there and it will be worth it when you reach your goal.

JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #6  

Quote:
Welcome and congrats on the weight loss!!

I've seen it on the board at my MRC center, but the whatever the description was - I thought I didn't need it. If you have chocolate cravings they say the CalMag is good for it. I do take that but more for the Calcium and Magnesium instead.

Also the cookbook is a really good investment since you'll be on this program for a while if you have a lot of weight to lose. It definitely has some great recipes and a base for thinking up of new creations on your own. In fact this is what I love about this program - it's inspired me to look at food differently and now I can't wait to see what else I can cook up.

Good luck!
born2btxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 263.5/221.5/191.5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I use the Guggul, which curbs carb and salt cravings. Not sure it'd help with the sweet cravings. I know for me it works! I got it as part of my initial package and continued it for a little bit after and decided to stop it when I ran out. Come this month I was PMS'ing BIG time and wanted to eat every carb and salty thing in sight! And I (unfortunately) did! I gained 3 lbs of the 4 lbs I'd lost the week before and it's been killer to lose past 40 lbs because I just want carbs! I went right back and bought the bottle and it has helped! I think women have it worse because of our female issues! The other months I noticed I had some cravings, but was able to control and say no. This month was not... whatever's in the Guggul definitely helps!
pnvomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204.4/191.4/151

I'm on Day 4 and already am tired of the same foods....I also did the preconditioning week and lost 5.8lbs in that time...but tired of same things...my counselor did tell me guggli is good for carb/salty cravings as well as someone else put here that Cal/Mag is good for chocolate cravings. I'm thinking I might need to try the Guggli, I miss microwave popcorn...
jmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgirl View Post
I'm on Day 4 and already am tired of the same foods....I also did the preconditioning week and lost 5.8lbs in that time...but tired of same things...my counselor did tell me guggli is good for carb/salty cravings as well as someone else put here that Cal/Mag is good for chocolate cravings. I'm thinking I might need to try the Guggli, I miss microwave popcorn...
I would definitely get the cookbook - you need to play with your food because this is a life change not just a temporary weight loss plan. Hang in there it does get better around week 2, but I never eat the same thing in one week.
born2btxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/166/136

Height: 5'3"

I'm new to MRC as well, I think I started about 4 weeks ago and have lost 10.5 to date. Sorry, if I'm missing something, I've read some people are talking about loosing inches? My center has never measured me? I'm I missing something? Thanks.
Need a new size is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need a new size View Post
I'm new to MRC as well, I think I started about 4 weeks ago and have lost 10.5 to date. Sorry, if I'm missing something, I've read some people are talking about loosing inches? My center has never measured me? I'm I missing something? Thanks.
Yes! Get them to measure you ASAP! So many times if I thought I was stalled, I would find that I was still losing inches.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 234.1/215.8/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Welcome Channer!!!
What a great weight loss. Sorry I haven't used GUGGLI. Do try the ranch chicken fingers posted on the may thread. They are really great.
Good luck on your journey.
niftybyfifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/143/130

Height: 5' 4"

I just started MRC for the second go around about 8 days ago. I have lost 5 pounds so far. I really want to do this but have a history with success until the last 10-15 pounds then I sabotage myself and gain everything back. Hoping to get support here.
babylovestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylovestoys View Post
I just started MRC for the second go around about 8 days ago. I have lost 5 pounds so far. I really want to do this but have a history with success until the last 10-15 pounds then I sabotage myself and gain everything back. Hoping to get support here.
Welcome! You will get a lot of support here. Come join us on the May thread.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/207/180

Height: 5'10

I'm bored with the food and now have a 25% pay cut so I'm not buying ANYTHING but HNS from the center until I'm done.

I have decided to go to the store EVERY day and get something on plan instead of stockpiling groceries at the house. It may not work for everyone, but I am able to budget and get some variety in what I want to eat at the time.
carmendmv is offline   Reply With Quote