Old 10-17-2010, 11:40 PM   #91  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Not looking for anything in particular, I know it when I see it LOL. Like to find stuff my kids cant really find at every gift shop around...

Im really excited about going, have always wanted to!!! Thanks for the info !!!
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:17 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 219/161/155

Height: 5'6"

Another thing that I thought of was that Savannah is a very walkable town. So, if the shops aren't open, walk around and enjoy! Even though you're eating out in the town, you should be alright if you get out and walk the "squares." Have fun!
thinknthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmemom View Post
Morning all! Just booked our hotel for Savannah GA for Thanksgiving....were eating at Lady and Sons for dinner on Thanksgiving! Dun Dun Dun ! But my plan is to stay on plan till then (well as best I can) and then use that day as a planned cheat day, I have checked out the menu and geesh I dont think there is even one thing that is not drowning in butter!!! So far when eating out I have been able to make really good choices, most of the time stay on plan and even when Im off, I still made really low cal, low fat choices and havent seen it effect me to bad. But I have always wanted to go to Paula Deans restaurant, so Im gonna have a great time and not obsess over every morsel I put in my mouth,

Have a great day everyone
Hi... I live in Savannah.. It's such a great town for Walking.. There is so much to do downtown.. City Market, Riverstreet, Forsyth Park,.. and Broughton street for shopping.. The Lady and Son's is dangerous.. I've gotten their chicken and not eaten the skin. Ask for a side salad instead of the heavy sides too.. That helps a lot. Paula does love her some butter.. It's DELICIOUS though.. She has a little store next to the restuarant now.. Love to walk around there.. Hopefully the weather will be nice.. It's been hot here still, but cooling down now..
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Morning all!

well I don't think the yellow menu likes me very much, I'm following it 100% and I was up 1 lb this morning.. I go to weigh at the center tomorrow and am praying it's gone by then and I show a loss for this hard work and not a gain!! The yellow menu is suppose to put our bodies in deep fat burn but not sure if my body got the hint yet, lol.. i was losing better on preconditioning! but I'll keep plugging along and just keep 100%, eventually my body has to surrender, right?
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #95  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Well, no gain or loss last Friday, and that's good enough for me when it's my time of the month!

I agree with all of you about the "saying No" for a long time before the cravings go away. I had some wicked PMS-related cravings last week and I gave in to them--M&Ms, popcorn, etc.--thinking it would make my cravings go away. It only made them worse! Debi is right, carbs/sugar are like crack!

I was pretty good this weekend, so here's to a hopefully-on-plan week this week.

By the way, I'm loving the changes in my body as the weight is coming off--makes the struggle to hit 20lbs totally worth it. Between losing the weight and doing yoga for a few weeks, I can really feel a difference in my muscles, definition, and body shape (the hourglass figure is slowly coming back!).

Good luck this week, all!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryng View Post
Morning all!

well I don't think the yellow menu likes me very much, I'm following it 100% and I was up 1 lb this morning.. I go to weigh at the center tomorrow and am praying it's gone by then and I show a loss for this hard work and not a gain!! The yellow menu is suppose to put our bodies in deep fat burn but not sure if my body got the hint yet, lol.. i was losing better on preconditioning! but I'll keep plugging along and just keep 100%, eventually my body has to surrender, right?
Hey Spryng,
This happened to me, too.
Did you get the "Plateaus are good signs" paper from your center? It basically states that "you may plateau or even gain a bit after your first 7-10 days. On the first part of the plan, your weight loss is due to water loss. After 7-10 days, this stops and your body readjusts so that the cells don't collapse. This is where real fat loss begins. Water is heavier than fat so while your weight remains stable or even increase, you actually are losing fat." Keep it up and hang on, you're right, your body MUST surrender!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #97  

thank you so much debi! yes I got that paper and I just re-read it, I had forgot about it! So I'm on day 10 today counting my first day of preconditioning so that makes total sense! no more water weight, it's gonna be real fat loss now, that makes me feel a ton better!!!! I was starting to blame it on my hour long soak in the bath last night, thought maybe my body sucked in some extra water, LOL!! I guess I saw this yellow menu and thought I'd be down another 5 lbs this week but my body is adjusting so I should give it some time and it will respond on the scale again.. I'm so glad you brought that to my attention, thanks!
Does anyone know what the blue menu is like? I'm not trying to complain but I'm sooo tired of 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a huge 8 oz salad for lunch each day, getting harder to choke that big salad down so I was hoping the blue menu had more cooked veggies and less raw.. I hope I hope, lol
Old 10-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all. I am new to this thread and the forums, just happened upon it as I was looking for others doing Metabolic, so glad I found you all. I love MRC. I have lost 42 lbs and have another 60 or so to go. Thanks for all of the ideas and recipies, I am looking forward to getting to know you all.
Sherral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:14 AM   #99  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherral View Post
Hi all. I am new to this thread and the forums, just happened upon it as I was looking for others doing Metabolic, so glad I found you all. I love MRC. I have lost 42 lbs and have another 60 or so to go. Thanks for all of the ideas and recipies, I am looking forward to getting to know you all.
Hi, and welcome to the threads! I have been doing MRC for about 5 months and am down nearly 50 pounds. I hope to hit 50 or better at my weigh in today! Good luck to you.
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #100  
Aprilw94

Did metaquick this week...it never disappoints me! 6.5lbs woo hooooooo!
aprilw94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

I ended up losing .5 pounds while I was gone out of town! Woohoo!

Remind me again what is metaquick? If I remember correctly, a shake for breafast, a meal bar for lunch? Does the center put you on that or do you just do it?
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #102  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt View Post
I ended up losing .5 pounds while I was gone out of town! Woohoo!

Remind me again what is metaquick? If I remember correctly, a shake for breafast, a meal bar for lunch? Does the center put you on that or do you just do it?

yip, here it is again (Meta-quick):

Metaquick is restrictive, but easy and tasty -- it's a shake or bar for breakfast and a shake or bar for lunch (so if you did a bar at breakfast, do a shake at lunch) (plus your HNS as usual) and then, the typical dinner -- 4 oz protein, vegetable (4 oz cooked or 8 oz raw) and your starch. Can do this 7 days out of the month -- all together or in segments. Drink 65 oz+ water as usual. It sort of jump starts your system back and the center recommends it when you hit a plateau.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #103  

Good afternoon all!

well I went to the center this morning but my weight remained the same, not too worried since it's only been 4 days since I weighed last and my scale showed a gain a couple days ago so I say staying the same must be a good thing, lol. I start the blue menu tomorrow.. so glad it's only 5 days long, these 8oz salads for lunch are getting really old! but I can do it for another 5 days then I'll be on the green menu and can just choose cooked veggies instead, yay! But I get to start my creamies tomorrow and I'm excited to try the double chocolate pudding The little things in life that make me happy, LOL.

razorbackbritt, that is great about the .5 loss! keep up the great work!

april, 6.5 is amazing!! I hope they want me to try metaquick soon, lol.. I could sure use a bolster like that!

Welcome to the thread Sherral!! Hope you find yourself at home here!!

Well here is to another great OP day!!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #104  

oh I wanted to mention too they had me use the ketone strips for the first time, the little chart in the bathroom said light pink (trace) was perfect, well I was the far opposite end, the darkest maroon! Is that a good thing or bad?? I would think if I was in deep ketosis I'd be seeing bigger losses but maybe not, I'll need to research that one I guess. But anyway, just an interesting tidbit. I hope my weigh in saturday shows a good loss for this week, goodness knows I've been 100% on plan and would like to be rewarded on the scale for it, lol
Old 10-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Spryng, my center tells me that anything above a "small" reading is bad for your body. Did you tell them your reading? What did they say?
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote