Old 10-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #76  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Candy Corn IS evil
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:50 PM   #77  

totally AGREE!!!! (and so are those little orange pumpkins!) ... and don't even think about trying the caramel apple candy corn!
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #78  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

ALL Halloween candy is EVIL!!!! But we have willpower...just dig deep...we can do it!!! We CAN do it!!!!
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:18 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Food class last night was great,I learned alot. My new menu is the Yellow menu for the next 4 days, then I'll go to Blue for days 5-10 then finally Green until goal.. I'm exicited about this Yellow and Blue though, the meta-quick menu. They said it will put me in ultimate fat burn and I should see an amazing loss from it this week, I'm so excited! It's not much food it seems, or maybe not much choices but that is ok, the less choices the less I have to think about. I also bought their cookbook and it's been revamped they said, TONS of recipes in there I can't wait to try once I hit day 11... So anyway, I'm super psyched for this week, tues I will go back into the center for a weigh in and get the blue menu etc.. We took all the kids with us to the class and they were patient in another room coloring and playing together so we told them we 'd take them out for icecream if they were good for us and you know getting them all blizzards and shakes and sprinkles wasn't tempting in any way. I had no urge at all. My sweet tooth has really disappeared anyway so now drinking those sweet hns's will be interesting, lol.. anyway, wanted to share my evening last night with you all and here is to another great OP day!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

You have such a fantastic attitude, Spryng. Good for you!!!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 219/161/155

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I'm really glad that I read this thread. I've been having a horrible time with Halloween candy at school--I teach kinder.
Ate M&M's for dinner one night--not just a small bag but also some out of the big bag--no I finished the big bag. Horrible!
Well, the candy is almost gone at work and I'm home.
I agree that Halloween candy is evil!
PS Kids respond great to it and better than to stickers.
thinknthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #82  

Morning all!

yesterday was my first day on the yellow menu and it went great! but boy 8 oz of salad veggies for lunch was A LOT! Didn't realize how light everything was, lol.. But so far the HNS's are good.. very sweet but good, the grape tastes just like welch's grape juice! I bought one of each of the concentrates so I can try all the flavors.. what are you favorite hns's?? also have any of you been on the meta-quick menus? if so how much did you lose on them??
Old 10-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #83  
One day at a time

Morning all! Just booked our hotel for Savannah GA for Thanksgiving....were eating at Lady and Sons for dinner on Thanksgiving! Dun Dun Dun ! But my plan is to stay on plan till then (well as best I can) and then use that day as a planned cheat day, I have checked out the menu and geesh I dont think there is even one thing that is not drowning in butter!!! So far when eating out I have been able to make really good choices, most of the time stay on plan and even when Im off, I still made really low cal, low fat choices and havent seen it effect me to bad. But I have always wanted to go to Paula Deans restaurant, so Im gonna have a great time and not obsess over every morsel I put in my mouth,

Have a great day everyone
Old 10-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 167/160/130

Height: 5.0

Morning all! Its my second day of pre-conditioning...I did great on my first day till my hubby and friends decided to go out for ice cream. I ordered veggies but my best friends ice cream and hubby's fries were just to tempting so I had a little ice cream and a few fries. I'm feeling pretty low and wishing I had better willpower. I have such horrible cravings sometimes I feel like I'm pregnant! (i'm not) Does it ever get any easier??
Sunshine0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

It only gets easier when you say NO for months. For me, every cheat led to another cheat. Carbs are addictive, like crack. It takes a couple of months of painful detox to be able to have the willpower to say "no." Take it from me. When I finally just said, "I can't make those choices or eat that way anymore. This is my new life," the weight came off and the cravings stopped. I can make trail mix or ice cream and not be tempted. It's hard to do this, but in my opinion, being fat is harder. Good luck!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:29 AM   #86  

Sunshine, it will get easier after a few days of not going off plan, allow your body to work for ya I did preconditioning for 7 days and after just 3 or 4 days my cravings were gone, I wasn't as hungry except for right at meal time, had more energy etc.. are you taking anything? like mrc6 or anything? I think those help me as well. Now I'm on day 2 of the real plan and it's much stricter but the HNS's do help for sure! But I still have no cravings and am only hungry at designated meal times which is nice.

theycallmemom, I think you have the right idea.. I too plan on being 100% until thanksgiving then my husband and I will take that day off as a planned off day. Then right back on plan etc.. I want to get to my goal as fast as possible for sure!
Old 10-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 167/160/130

Height: 5.0

Thanks ladies, today has been easier so far. I grilled chicken for lunch and it wasnt so good, then my parents called and wanted to take us out to eat and I refrained! Food is always hard to turn down, but free food is even harder!
I haven't started taking any vitamins yet, I really couldn't afford to this week, I planned on getting some this friday on payday. I'll definetly look into the mrc6.
Sunshine0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #88  

I live in Savannah and have eaten at Lady and Sons many times. I ate there once for Thanksgiving and it will be ok. Yes, the Lady does drown everything in butter but watch you portion control. When I ate there at Thanksgiving, it was very busy and I don't feel as though I ate too much. Plus, it's just one meal. I think that Thanksgiving is more dangerous foodwise when you have the endless left overs. Go, enjoy, and have fun! Then get back on track!
Old 10-17-2010, 06:03 PM   #89  
One day at a time

thinkthin - do you happen to know if the shops will be open on thanksgiving? I know the museums wont be, so we sill do a few of those Friday, but Im hoping to do some Christmas shopping while were there
Old 10-17-2010, 10:02 PM   #90  

I don't think that the shops will be open on Thanksgiving but I could be wrong. Lady and Sons is by City Market which has some art galleries and some small shops. There is a candy shop there which sells pralines and a wine tasting store. Ok, maybe not the best choices but good regional favorites.
What kind of Christmas shopping are you thinking about? Savannah has two malls and Hilton Head has an outlet mall. Oh, and there is Byrd Cookie Company which is a must go to store. And, they have great gifts.
Enjoy your stay in Savannah. It is a beautiful time of the year here.