Old 09-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/150

Height: 5"6'

Default Why is this happening?

I have been on the program since July 11 and I have been losing weight fairly consistently. But I noticed lately that every week I gain one pound only to lose 2 pounds when I go back into the center the next time that week. This is very frustrating to me because it seems that for every 2 pounds I lose I gain one back. I was wondering am I the only one that has this problem and will the weight loss eventually even out?

PS: I have been eating only OP food and taking all vitamins and supplements.
Missinternational09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

When you're going to weigh in, are you avoiding drinking water that morning or anything else that might suggest you're getting a lower number on the scale than you're really at?
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/150

Height: 5"6'

I usually go in the morning after I have eaten breakfast. But sometimes before I go I have drunk atleast one bottle of water and sometimes I haven't
Missinternational09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Try to do it the same way (water/no water, breakfast/no) and weigh in at the same time. Also, are you weighing allll of your foods, even your veggies? Ask your center about the timing of your meals as well. I have to eat breakfast a lot early to get my metabolism going. Talk to them...they should be able to make suggestions (and not to switch to hc-.., which is not healthy, IMHO).
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:14 AM   #5  
Cookie

S/C/G: 88.0/83.7/63

Height: 170cm

I've been having exactly the same problem... been on the programme since early August and I've lost at best 2.5kg - at worst 1kg.
I was doing well, had one broken mean and went up 0.5kg it took 6 days to get back down to the lower weight. The next evening I had a really salty meal the next evening, which put me up a whole kg. I hope this 1kg fluid retention doesn't take a week to recover from.
I graph my weight on a computer - and it does show a general shift down - it's just not as fast as I'd like. Instead of doing this for 3 months i"ll be doing it for a year I think.
Cookc04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:22 AM   #6  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
Try to do it the same way (water/no water, breakfast/no) and weigh in at the same time. Also, are you weighing allll of your foods, even your veggies? Ask your center about the timing of your meals as well. I have to eat breakfast a lot early to get my metabolism going. Talk to them...they should be able to make suggestions (and not to switch to hc-.., which is not healthy, IMHO).
interesting as to your comment about not switching to the "NEW" MRC plan. I am excited to begin it this week and have been studying it for a long time (way before MRC decided to make it available) and never heard anything but GOOD about it. just interesting, as you don't offer any reference to support it. You could be right, but why do you think this? No need to answer this though, as I know the drill!!!! All the best!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #7  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

were not allowed to discuss the "new" mrc plan on this forum. But how can any plan that has you eating 500 cals a day be healthy?
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #8  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
were not allowed to discuss the "new" mrc plan on this forum. But how can any plan that has you eating 500 cals a day be healthy?
mkr, will just let you know later, okay. I am anxious, excited, scared, but it is only for a short period.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
interesting as to your comment about not switching to the "NEW" MRC plan. I am excited to begin it this week and have been studying it for a long time (way before MRC decided to make it available) and never heard anything but GOOD about it. just interesting, as you don't offer any reference to support it. You could be right, but why do you think this? No need to answer this though, as I know the drill!!!! All the best!
Everyone has to make the decision for themselves, but here is my thought. The original plan works if you stick to it. I've lost 56lbs since April. Even it is low calorie to the point that verges on unhealthy and it will be very hard to maintain the weight loss. We see people on this forum every day that have gained it all back and more. I attribute some of this to the metabolism slow down of the original diet. I have lost a ton of hair and a ton of energy due to the original diet. So, it's already extremely restrictive. Any diet that would require me to eat less and not exercise is for me, unreasonable. These are not healthy habits that stick for life.

I certainly don't judge anyone for wanting a quick way to lose weight. I have been there and I am there. I am just not willing to compromise my health any more than I actually am. Crash diets (of which, honestly, I think MRC is) don't have long term success and I soooo don't want to do this again. So, again, make the best decision for yourself. I would just encourage people to be honest about how they have lost weight and gained it in the past before plunking down a ton of money and their health to an untested (long term) and quick fix. As far as a reference, I refer you to the mayo clinic website (which I was told my my doctor is the very best site for obtaining true, accurate medical information). Just type in the magic combination of letters that I cannot mention on this post, and you will see what the mayo clinic thinks about it. That, plus my own common sense, precludes me from using it.

Sorry you asked??!! Good luck and my very best wishes to you in your weight loss journey! I hope you find the success you're looking for!!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #10  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

I too, have lost much weight on the MRC "original" plan (on beige, then to green menu) and have been very happy. Was never hungry -- ALWAYS SATISFIED. If I thought in any way "this" plan would compromise my health, there would be no way, and I would have never started with "this" plan, but do believe it is right for the next 30 days.

I have been off the "original" plan for about the last 6 months and because of all the exercise that I have done from the beginning, I imagine, is the reason I have not gained (not lost, but not gained). I must have kicked my metabolism into high gear is all I can imagine. I walk about 15-20 miles weekly. But I even slacked off of that some and still stayed the same.

Blessings to everyone finding their way through this maize of possible paths to the goals we seek!

I love MRC!

Joy
Old 09-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #11  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Hey Deb in Colorado, Thanks so much.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #12  
Now UC it! Now U don't!