Old 05-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #1  

Default Accountability

I think that the accountability that MRC offers with it's program is one of the things that makes it work so well. I encourage everyone who can to do the program through a center. However, I know that a phone call once or twice a week just isn't going to cut it for me. I just can't justify the expense for a phone buddy.

So, I thought the next best thing would be to make myself accountable here DAILY. I'm just going to commit to posting each morning a brief summary of the previous day--OP yes/no, water yes/no, vitamins yes/no, exercise yes/no any challenges, etc. You get the idea. I'll weigh in on Mondays and Fridays as I always have and post those results. Will do it the remainder of the month (except the seven days I'm on vacation later in the month) and see how it goes.

Anybody want to join me?
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6''

Right you are, thats one of MRC's biggest helpful parts for me...otherwise I'd fall off plan and stay off plan. I'll check in on your accountability page here and keep cheering you on!
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #3  

Thanks so much. Doing much better today here, but too early to post. Mornings are better as night time seems to be the most challenging for me. I have just been terribly depressed the past few weeks and 99% of that is this stupid yo-yo I've been riding on. Getting off right now!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6''

I've been yo-yoing too...I've had a ton (ok, not a ton, but too much) extra carbs today and I'm gonna have to stop it cold turkey or it'll never stop. Hate it.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #5  

My main problem is alcohol. A glass of wine last night. Followed by chips. Two beers the night before. Followed by fritos.

I don't understand folks who can have a drink and then not eat something. I just lose all self control.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbolton1 View Post
My main problem is alcohol. A glass of wine last night. Followed by chips. Two beers the night before. Followed by fritos.

I don't understand folks who can have a drink and then not eat something. I just lose all self control.
I am COMPLETELY the same way! One glass of wine and I'm digging around in the pantry looking for something to snack on...anything at all! It's gotten so bad that I can't have any alcohol or snacks in my house or I'll drink/eat~ no matter what. Apparently I have no self-control so I can't even trust myself to leave an occasional goody around.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
I am COMPLETELY the same way! One glass of wine and I'm digging around in the pantry looking for something to snack on...anything at all! It's gotten so bad that I can't have any alcohol or snacks in my house or I'll drink/eat~ no matter what. Apparently I have no self-control so I can't even trust myself to leave an occasional goody around.
Oh we are so alike in this.. If I have even one glass of wine I am in the kitchen looking for junk to eat. Then of course let the binge eating begin.. I think the Beck Diet Solution is a good one for the binging thing.. I need to read it again.. It can't hurt!

Cheers!
Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #8  

I really feel better that I am not the only one. I wake up in the morning all depressed and sad that I screwed up so badly. You'd THINK I wouldn't want to repeat that. And, I know how good I feel and how happy I am when I'm think. It should outweigh everything else.

I guess I'll just keep plugging away every day and do the best I can.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #9  

Yesterday, May 6

OP--YES!!! I seem to be challenged most with the food every other day? Some kind of cycle I guess, but also I tend to eat a bit more, so then the next day not as hungry? Will focus on staying OP today and see.
HSN--3. Four today if hungrier or maybe will add one that counts as two (like the chocolate cake?)
Water--64 ounces. Minimum, but I made it. I get terribly cold when I drink too much.
Exercise--5 miles, 30 really, really poor push ups. Got to get back in that routine.

Time for breakfast, walking and errands. Going to bake bread today. OH, that will be a challenge! I've been managing to weigh a half-ounce slice and eating only that. I have to teach myself somehow....

Oh, didn't weigh this morning. Will start that on Monday. I didn't want to be depressed from the get-go.

Last edited by pbolton1; 05-07-2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: omission
Old 05-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbolton1 View Post
I really feel better that I am not the only one. I wake up in the morning all depressed and sad that I screwed up so badly. You'd THINK I wouldn't want to repeat that. And, I know how good I feel and how happy I am when I'm think. It should outweigh everything else.

I guess I'll just keep plugging away every day and do the best I can.
Good Job at plugging away! I read a helpful hint from one of the gals on here about a week ago and I love it! It has resonated with me since. I hope it helps you to wake up in a better mood! She said "everyday I wake up on program, and its basically my job to stay on". Something like that... But for me it helps to know that every morning is a fresh start. I forget what I did yesterday ( i had already beat myself up enough then) and start today because I can only fix the NOW!

Best wishes to you! ~Angela~
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
I've been yo-yoing too...I've had a ton (ok, not a ton, but too much) extra carbs today and I'm gonna have to stop it cold turkey or it'll never stop. Hate it.
The carbs have been my problem this week too.. I don't know how to stop these cravings. The carbs are worse than the sweets craving.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #12  

"my job to stay on".

That's the way I treated it for years, and it worked. My job was to work on me. That's changed a lot over the past year. I'm working on getting back there.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 283/199/157

Height: 5'7

*sigh*...I seem to have a major problem with the carb cravings as well. I did so well last week, lost 10 lbs of the 30 lbs I had gained backed over the last three months. Then, this week at work we had birthday cake...The big chocolate cake from Costco...2 days in a row. Then it was something else that was sweet ect....I get so tired of repeating the same behavior. Why do I do it? I feed my emotions. I know I should exercise or something when I want things that are off program. But I don't do it. I did so well the first 9 months on this program. I lost 90 pounds! That is fantastic! But after a couple of surgeries in January and February I just couldn't seem to get back on program 100%. I got very bored with the food and restrictiveness of the menu. So I gained thirty pounds back over the course of 3 months. I must get back on course! I am so glad to have this forum to voice my discontent on. Thanks for listening...or reading..
champagneblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagneblond View Post
*sigh*...I seem to have a major problem with the carb cravings as well. I did so well last week, lost 10 lbs of the 30 lbs I had gained backed over the last three months. Then, this week at work we had birthday cake...The big chocolate cake from Costco...2 days in a row. Then it was something else that was sweet ect....I get so tired of repeating the same behavior. Why do I do it? I feed my emotions. I know I should exercise or something when I want things that are off program. But I don't do it. I did so well the first 9 months on this program. I lost 90 pounds! That is fantastic! But after a couple of surgeries in January and February I just couldn't seem to get back on program 100%. I got very bored with the food and restrictiveness of the menu. So I gained thirty pounds back over the course of 3 months. I must get back on course! I am so glad to have this forum to voice my discontent on. Thanks for listening...or reading..
Welcome Back! Hope all went well for you. The important thing is you are here and ready to get back to it..We are all here for you to help you on the way! We had Costco cake at work this week too, for Nurse's week.. I had a tough time with that.. I did have a piece and got kind of not feeling so good after so I know better than to do that again.!

Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #15  

"I did have a piece and got kind of not feeling so good after so I know better than to do that again.!"

We all know that, don't we? Why do we go back and do it again though? Over and over?