Old 04-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #16  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melNco View Post
the weekends are SO hard for me Yesterday we planned on going out to Red Lobster. I studied the menu, had exactly what I was going to order and then on the way there my DH decided he wanted mexican (it was his B'day dinner so I couldn't put up too much of a fight). we got there and the menu was bare, of what I could have, unless I had chicken salad AGAIN. I ordered chicken enchilada's I felt guilty the whole time. However I only ate 1 enchilada and maybe 2 bites of rice and beans... salsa wa sanother story <alas> ..my only posistive is that it didnt all taste that good (exception=salsa..lol) so I only ate a fraction of what I normally would have.

I do so great during the week..while I am at work or when I home alone .BUT then when the weekend dinner's hit..BAM..I feel a loss of control.

Back on track this AM (with the exception of a dab of honey - that for some reason I thought I could have - and just found on the forum I can't).

Ok, I just needed to 'write it out'.

Good Job, sounds like you handled it the best way you could in that situation, and that is all you CAN do ever! I don't think this will cost you too much, so don't let it tear you down to begin your week!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 326/ticker/200

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
Good Job, sounds like you handled it the best way you could in that situation, and that is all you CAN do ever! I don't think this will cost you too much, so don't let it tear you down to begin your week!

Thank you I got back on track Sun AM and prepared my food last night, made some parm crisps, veggies, got my protein and ready to go!

I think the most important lesson I have learned so far (granted it has only been a short period of time I have been on MRC) is how your body is retaining or losing the fat. I never had been explained this before.. so even when I dieted in the past, I thought I was doing the right thing by what I was eating but now I see that I wasn't. I really do like MRC!

melNco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

Good Job Mel keep up the good work!
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
I always like to think about eating off plan as a choice not a cheat...I choose to eat off plan I do not cheat...this for me is a more healthier way to look at my journey of weight loss...If I think I am "cheating" then I am being bad and in turn feel guilty which in turns stresses me out and then I want to eat more because I am an emotional eater...so I just tell myself to make better on plan choices the very next meal/day/week.
I love this! Great words of wisdom! Thank you! I am just starting pre-conditioning TODAY so all of the information in here is so great. I was so overwhelmed once I left the center.
dmscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #20  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmscrap View Post
I love this! Great words of wisdom! Thank you! I am just starting pre-conditioning TODAY so all of the information in here is so great. I was so overwhelmed once I left the center.
dmscrap...I am cheering you on as you begin your MRC journey...it will all come together after a couple of weeks...just take it one day at a time...and expect to have some difficulty the first few days as your body adjust...it gets easier as your body becomes healthier without all the extra carbs, sugar, etc...and you will begin to feel great!
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #21  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies, I notice a lot of you mention water. Is this because cheat foods are usually high in sodium and make you retain water? Or is there another reason?
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 326/ticker/200

Height: 5'6

1 word : UGH
melNco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseFalls View Post
Hey ladies, I notice a lot of you mention water. Is this because cheat foods are usually high in sodium and make you retain water? Or is there another reason?
We are supposed to drink a minimum of 64oz of water a day . The water helps fill the fat cells and then they collapse but they never go away. If you eat anything off plan you will retain water. You need water to flush out the water. This doesnt mean you can keep eating off plan and not gain actual fat though.. Everybody whether trying to lose weight or not should drink lots of water..
Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:24 AM   #24  

Mel - You say it best in your little quote on your signature line - "Every day may not be perfect but it can better than a yesterday." Don't beat yourself up. Just know you will do better today! You're doing great, Girl!
jennyjam82 is offline   Reply With Quote