Old 02-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #16  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
Yes, me too. I never heard this until recently on this site. I know a lot of innacurate information gets posted here, so I am curious about this.

Innacurate information is why MRC becomes frustrated with information appearing here and does not endorse this site. While I find helpful sharing of experiences and information here, there does appear to be a lot of confusion.
What I've done is if something is posted here, I will ask at my center. They have never had a problem with me asking questions, and in that regard think the support we give and get here is a great idea. I can understand their frustration and confusion. I remember reading in the past about a center that was very strict on the amount of water to mix it with, but I don't see how it matters what the amount is.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #17  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning2Bhealthy View Post
Every center is different. This thread is for ones who have helped themselves get over a plateau. If drinking their HNS with less or no water helped them, then obviously they will post it trying to help others. For goodness sakes what will it hurt if someone tries it. It's not like they are cheating by using less water!! For me I know what I'll do, what will harm me, what may benefit me, etc. So I like to know EVERYTHING ones do to lose the weight, rather good or bad, accurate or inaccurate.

I totally agree, there can be no harm in taking hns with less or no water. I don't like them diluted anyway cause I am into richer flavors. But is it suggested as a means to a better result -- that is what I am asking? If so, I want to know!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 169/149.5/130

Height: 5'2

I asked my center on Monday about how much water you add to a HNS?!? My counselor said the amount of water doesn't matter, your getting 15 grams of protein whether you "slam" the package or dilute with 30 ounces of water...
sherriebaby2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #19  
Adrienne

S/C/G: 146

Height: 5'2''

What are HNS? I have not been to a center and learned of the diet from a friend. She has shown me what she did but she seems to have left something out, some of the terminology and the supplements (viatamins). thanks, A
enghousea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #20  

Height: 5'6''

HNS is high nutrient supplement...basically...a protein drink.

I was told the ammount of water doesn't matter either, some people don't like them, so either super dilute them or drink them straight to get it over with fast (i've done this with flavors I don't like). The only bad part about super diluting them is that the water doesn't count in your daily water total. I try to stick with 6-10oz with my HNS.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote