Old 01-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/155

Height: 5'11''

Everytime I go in for my WI, I do the ketosis test. It always shows moderate to large ketones, however I think it is due to the fact I am really having a hard time drinking all this water! I am just not a water drinker, but I'm trying very hard. I average about 45-50oz/day so I'm quite sure that is why I'm getting the reading I am on the test.

My goal for this week is to drink 80oz!! Seriously, if I can stick to the food plan, you would think I could drink the water.
chunkynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you all for your support. I feel so much better after checking in with fellow losers on this forum. My tanita reading - didn't know the name for it - was good. I am losing fat and not muscle mass. On the cheese thing, I am on the beige menu and you can have it once a day BUT the last consultant I had, who I really liked, said it is better not to have it more than 3 times a week at lunch. She said it is ok to have it for breakfast the days you don't have it for lunch. This diet has a lot of strange twists and it seems as though some of the info we get varies for center to center.

Have any of you done the Meta-quick. If so what is it and does it help. My center hasnt' mentioned it but I have seen some blogs referring to it. I get the impression it is a day of havng just shakes or something like that.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #18  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

joined in August 09, down 59 lbs, 72 some inches, and never been in ketosis!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #19  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

I feel a lot better knowing that a lot of people have never been in it!!
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #20  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

The Ketone sticks are used more to make sure you are NOT in the dark purple range which would indicate you are burning lean muscle mass as well as fat and that would NOT be good. You probably are in ketosis even when the sticks do not change color. Some people can tell they are in ketosis by a slight metallic taste and the thirsty feeling in their mouth. Keep drinking your water and make sure you are getting enough protein (max your HNSs). The measuring tape and the scale will let you know things are working.
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:44 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 169/149.5/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkynurse View Post
Everytime I go in for my WI, I do the ketosis test. It always shows moderate to large ketones, however I think it is due to the fact I am really having a hard time drinking all this water! I am just not a water drinker, but I'm trying very hard. I average about 45-50oz/day so I'm quite sure that is why I'm getting the reading I am on the test.

My goal for this week is to drink 80oz!! Seriously, if I can stick to the food plan, you would think I could drink the water.
Here's a suggestion: put four water bottles on your kitchen counter every morning. Prior to each meal drink the entire bottle while taking your vitamins. That will easily get your first three bottles down quickly and then you'll only have one left!!
I do this EVERYDAY and have no problem drinking the water. However, I love water and drink more than four bottles a day. That is how I started and I've slowly increased my intake to well over 100 ounces a day!!
sherriebaby2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:45 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen ready to lose View Post
Thank you all for your support. I feel so much better after checking in with fellow losers on this forum. My tanita reading - didn't know the name for it - was good. I am losing fat and not muscle mass. On the cheese thing, I am on the beige menu and you can have it once a day BUT the last consultant I had, who I really liked, said it is better not to have it more than 3 times a week at lunch. She said it is ok to have it for breakfast the days you don't have it for lunch. This diet has a lot of strange twists and it seems as though some of the info we get varies for center to center.

Have any of you done the Meta-quick. If so what is it and does it help. My center hasnt' mentioned it but I have seen some blogs referring to it. I get the impression it is a day of havng just shakes or something like that.
I've been battling the last ten pounds since Thanksgiving and the last five pounds have become so frustrating! I've been losing and gaining the same 1.5 lbs since the first of January.

(In case you're wondering, I behaved myself over Christmas. Didn't have much of a choice -- I knew our area was going to get hit hard with a blizzard, so I made sure to stock only OP food since I knew I wouldn't be going anywhere!)

Therefore, I started MetaQuick today. Basically it consists of a meal replacement bar for breakfast, a meal replacement shake for lunch (with a supplement at both of those meals) then 4 oz of white chicken, white turkey or white tuna, veggies (4 oz cooked or 8 oz raw) and a starch at dinner.

I'm hoping this gives my body the jolt it so desperately needs to lose the last 5 pounds.

It sounds as though you may just be stuck at a plateau for a little bit. Keep plugging away and you'll eventually break through. Good luck!

-- JJ
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:27 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat not Fat View Post
I've been battling the last ten pounds since Thanksgiving and the last five pounds have become so frustrating! I've been losing and gaining the same 1.5 lbs since the first of January.

(In case you're wondering, I behaved myself over Christmas. Didn't have much of a choice -- I knew our area was going to get hit hard with a blizzard, so I made sure to stock only OP food since I knew I wouldn't be going anywhere!)

Therefore, I started MetaQuick today. Basically it consists of a meal replacement bar for breakfast, a meal replacement shake for lunch (with a supplement at both of those meals) then 4 oz of white chicken, white turkey or white tuna, veggies (4 oz cooked or 8 oz raw) and a starch at dinner.

I'm hoping this gives my body the jolt it so desperately needs to lose the last 5 pounds.

It sounds as though you may just be stuck at a plateau for a little bit. Keep plugging away and you'll eventually break through. Good luck!

-- JJ
JJ,
I'm in the same boat! I have 6 to go and they are soooo slow! Let me know how the Metaquick works for you. Maybe I should try it if I don't lose this week.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:16 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Goose - JJ: You've both come so far in this journey and sorry sliding into home base has been slower than you had hoped...but you are both so close!! Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged now!

I for one am glad January is over and for me it's back to business starting with February!
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 169/149.5/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
JJ,
I'm in the same boat! I have 6 to go and they are soooo slow! Let me know how the Metaquick works for you. Maybe I should try it if I don't lose this week.
Are you working out? Last week I started working out everyday at the gym for 40 minutes on the eliptical. I know this will help with weight loss, inches loss and I feel great!! Wasn't able to work out on Friday due to the ice/snow but was back at the gym tonight!!
sherriebaby2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #26  

I didn't read the rest of the posts but saw that you asked about meta quick. My center suggested I do it right after the holidays. I will never EVER do it again. I have issues with some things increasing my anxiety and depression. Whatever was in those "shakes" sent me into a very deep depression. On the psychological side I really hadn't had any cravings or desire for off plan food but being restricted to nothing but those shakes and a bar for two meals a day brought up a huge amount of issues for me.
What it is you have a shake or bar along with the protein drink for breakfast and lunch and then have your normal OP dinner. And you are supposed to stay on it for 5-7 days.

Last edited by Audrey1; 02-02-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Added time frame
Audrey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey1 View Post
I didn't read the rest of the posts but saw that you asked about meta quick. My center suggested I do it right after the holidays. I will never EVER do it again. I have issues with some things increasing my anxiety and depression. Whatever was in those "shakes" sent me into a very deep depression. On the psychological side I really hadn't had any cravings or desire for off plan food but being restricted to nothing but those shakes and a bar for two meals a day brought up a huge amount of issues for me.
What it is you have a shake or bar along with the protein drink for breakfast and lunch and then have your normal OP dinner. And you are supposed to stay on it for 5-7 days.
Wow! Sorry you had so much trouble with the Meta Quick program.

Actually, I found it a bit refreshing! I think I really needed the time off from weighing, measuring and washing all those dishes all the time!

Perhaps the length of time on Meta Quick varies from person to person, but I was told to stay on it no longer than 4 days. Today was day 3 and at WI this evening, I'd lost 2.5 pounds! That put me at exactly 50 pounds lost and with only 1 pound to go to MRC's goal!

I've been getting to the gym twice a week for water aerobics, which I love. I'd love to get to the gym more often, but the past few weeks have just been a whirlwind for me. Plus, I'm having some major issues with a shoulder, so lifting weights (which I absolutely love!) is out of the question at the current time.

This has been a very slow journey for me (50 pounds in 192 days -- ugh!), but soooooo worth it! I feel better -- both physically and emotionally, I look better, shopping for clothing is almost mind-boggling now (though I'm not complaining!). But most of all, I feel a sense of accomplishment that I've never felt before. When I first started MRC, I really didn't think I'd be able to stick with it -- willpower has never been my strong suit! I just kept plugging away and outside of the money I plunked down at the onset, my success little by little was such a strong motivator to keep going.

So...stick with it. Find the system that works for you (as long as it's healthy) and you'll be successful.

-- JJ
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #28  

Thanks I am sticking with it but it is frustrating. I lost 3 lbs on metaquick but as soon as I went back to eating OP I gained 2 of them back.
The only suggestion from the center staff was to buy even more stuff from them-which has been one of my issues all along with this program.
Great to hear that you are so close to being at your goal. That is awesome!
Audrey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 198/154/135

Height: 5'2"

I am so glad to hear more about the sticks. I was really worried that it
might appear like I wasn't following the program, and I certainly am. I
plateaued this last time, so the stick really put me in a disappointing mood.
My advisor told me not to worry about the stick. Next time I will make sure
I don't wait to use the restroom.
Sandrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:33 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

This is my first time posting.. so hopefully this works. But I have been OP for 17 days and I did my first Ketosis check today and I was negative. My gal said dont worry about it and that the best time to check for it is in the morning.
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote