3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   The dog days of August Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/178180-dog-days-august-thread.html)

lmickley 08-10-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen1234 (Post 2867545)
Why the yellow menu and not just go to the green menu? They just switched me right over from beige to green. Just curious... I would just choke down whatcha can lady, they can't ask for much more of you than that. Don't skip all together though, you need the fiber, vits/minerals and yes, filling power of those veggies so do your best in my opinion. 8 oz of raw broccoli, who in the world could eat all that??? :dizzy: LOL.. Sorry :^:

When you finish preconditioning under 200lbs they put you on the yellow menu (4 days) and blue menu (4 days) then you go to the green menu after that. I guess I will just get in what I can. I can't wait to get on the green menu!:dizzy:

Fifties Lady 08-10-2009 09:12 AM

Karen...since you and I are so much alike, until your 50 pound success, can you tell me if you stay on the same menu until you are in onderland? Just curious, as always....I started the menu yesterday, and it seemed it took me so long to figure out what all goes where...lol. I spent about 4 hours in the kitchen cleaning veggies and fruit and weighing food out...and I did it all without one nibble....imagine that!!!! Never did I cut up strawberries or melons without eating about half while doing it.

I do have to figure out how to fix chicken breast (probably my worst choice of meat) without it being so dry. I grilled it, but barely could force it down.

noahsmama 08-10-2009 10:55 AM

Karen1234, I can't find your quote to quote you, but congrats on making it to onederland!! That is so incredible!

msim 08-10-2009 11:14 AM

Adding my congratulations as well Karen1234! How big did you write your name on that board?!!!

You are an inspiration to us all!

msim 08-10-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifties Lady (Post 2867562)
Karen...since you and I are so much alike, until your 50 pound success, can you tell me if you stay on the same menu until you are in onderland? Just curious, as always....I started the menu yesterday, and it seemed it took me so long to figure out what all goes where...lol. I spent about 4 hours in the kitchen cleaning veggies and fruit and weighing food out...and I did it all without one nibble....imagine that!!!! Never did I cut up strawberries or melons without eating about half while doing it.

I do have to figure out how to fix chicken breast (probably my worst choice of meat) without it being so dry. I grilled it, but barely could force it down.

Not Karen, Fifties Lady, but I have spent plenty of time on this same menu, and my best advice is to put one on your fridge and have one with you for shopping. I made mistakes months into it and would eat whatever group of protein when I wasn't supposed to. There are some great Mrs. Dash seasonings that might help with the chicken and I have noticed if I cut them a bit smaller almost the size of a tender they don't dry out as badly.

You are ready for a successful MRC week!!!!!

Fifties Lady 08-10-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msim (Post 2867877)
Not Karen, Fifties Lady, but I have spent plenty of time on this same menu, and my best advice is to put one on your fridge and have one with you for shopping. I made mistakes months into it and would eat whatever group of protein when I wasn't supposed to. There are some great Mrs. Dash seasonings that might help with the chicken and I have noticed if I cut them a bit smaller almost the size of a tender they don't dry out as badly.

You are ready for a successful MRC week!!!!!

That's exactly what I did this morning was to make copies so I can keep them handy where ever I go. I did put the Mrs. Dash seasonings on the chicken, and without that, I probably could never get it down...lol...but that is a good hint to about the "bite size'. Tonight I am having fish, so I'm sure that will be much better.

Another question...Yawn!!!....when it says a qtr. of cantalope, does that really mean that much? I wish they would just say ounces, because that confuses me. I so want to do this right!!! Oh, I also think 2 eggs is alot of eggs a week if I eat that every morning...I am going to do some cheese next time with it and have just one.....I sure don't want my cholestral to go sky high!!!!

lmickley 08-10-2009 12:16 PM

Just finished my first Yellow Menu lunch. WOW! I got down maybe 2 or 3oz of my cucumbers that I brought. I am gonna have to figure something out; I just dont really like raw veg. UUGH! Maybe tomorrow I will have raw broccoli and cottage cheese mixed with ranch dressing mix. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to survive the yellow and blue menu?:(
Oh and I did bring gelatin for my HNS at lunch to help fill me up!

Karen1234 08-10-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifties Lady (Post 2867562)

Fifties Lady,
Good for you! I love to be prepared and often do this on Sunday evenings to help me be ready fo the week. I buy the ziploc steam bags for the micro and will put my cut veggies into these to equal a serving for myself or the family that way I can grab one in the am when in a hurry and take this to work if I do not want to eat all raw at lunch. Kudos for not nibbling as well, it takes time to adjust to doing that, sometimes out of habit you'll start to nibble or stuff something in your mouth but that goes away with time :9) Marinade the chicken with seasonings, vineger and olive oil for at least 2 hrs seems to help :0) The other thing I do is dice it up while raw and cook with some butter buds and pam in a frying pan for quick meals. I also like to back chicken on the bone with lemon pepper mrs. dash under the skin and on the skin that way when I pull the good stuff off, the chicken still has seasoning and is tender.

As for the menus, when you get to 250 they put you on the beige menu which is metaslim plus. I'm not sure what menu they started on since you were so close to the 250 upon completing pre-cond. but that would be the next one for you. I was 250 on the nose so this is where I started :0)

daizy hotrocks 08-10-2009 02:25 PM

lmickley,
I wanted to fill you in on my off plan weekend a couple of weeks ago and how my life has been since... I drank A LOT of alcohol and after the hangovers were finished I was starving for almost 3 days. I had a night when I couldn't help but stuff myself and luckily we have no junk food so I ended up eating almost an entire bag of frozen green beans, double my chicken serving, and several handfulls of granola straight out of the bag. Looking back I laugh because I had a binge of healthy food but it was still a binge. I gained 4 lbs in water weight but a week after I was still up 2 of those lbs. I was contemplating eating at a pot luck tomorrow afternoon as well as drinking with my cousin on her 21st birthday but after reading about your struggle to decide what to do and remembering the last 1 1/2 weeks of my own personal set back, I am vowing to stary op.

My goal date is Sept 12 and I am supposed to be down another 20 lbs. I only have 30 total to loose so this seems like an impossible feet for me right now.

I actually feel guilty for venting about this because so many of you have been op for so long and done so well, not to mention several have lost more than I have to loose total so I hate to complain. Just overwhelmed and a lil disapointed in setting myself back.

lmickley 08-10-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks (Post 2868181)
lmickley,
I wanted to fill you in on my off plan weekend a couple of weeks ago and how my life has been since... I drank A LOT of alcohol and after the hangovers were finished I was starving for almost 3 days. I had a night when I couldn't help but stuff myself and luckily we have no junk food so I ended up eating almost an entire bag of frozen green beans, double my chicken serving, and several handfulls of granola straight out of the bag. Looking back I laugh because I had a binge of healthy food but it was still a binge. I gained 4 lbs in water weight but a week after I was still up 2 of those lbs. I was contemplating eating at a pot luck tomorrow afternoon as well as drinking with my cousin on her 21st birthday but after reading about your struggle to decide what to do and remembering the last 1 1/2 weeks of my own personal set back, I am vowing to stary op.

My goal date is Sept 12 and I am supposed to be down another 20 lbs. I only have 30 total to loose so this seems like an impossible feet for me right now.

I actually feel guilty for venting about this because so many of you have been op for so long and done so well, not to mention several have lost more than I have to loose total so I hate to complain. Just overwhelmed and a lil disapointed in setting myself back.

daizy, thanks so much for posting this. Your struggle really gave me insight into what I am here for and whether or not such a set back is worth it. I will vow to stay OP with you. We can both make it through this. I plan on beign the DD now, so I will sip water ( might have a diet coke:devil:) and drive everyone home.

daizy hotrocks 08-10-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmickley (Post 2868204)
daizy, thanks so much for posting this. Your struggle really gave me insight into what I am here for and whether or not such a set back is worth it. I will vow to stay OP with you. We can both make it through this. I plan on beign the DD now, so I will sip water ( might have a diet coke:devil:) and drive everyone home.

Good luck and let me know how it goes! The pot luck is tomorrow and I am making a Body For Life chicken enchilada recipe. I know there is a chicken enchilada recipe in our cookbook so I am going to try and make it tonight for myself so I feel included. No more alcohol though!!!:smug:

lmickley 08-10-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks (Post 2868218)
Good luck and let me know how it goes! The pot luck is tomorrow and I am making a Body For Life chicken enchilada recipe. I know there is a chicken enchilada recipe in our cookbook so I am going to try and make it tonight for myself so I feel included. No more alcohol though!!!:smug:

Thanks! Let me know how the enchiladas turn out.

jeweliek 08-10-2009 04:56 PM

OHHHH.....those enchiladas are so good!

daizy hotrocks 08-10-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeweliek (Post 2868442)
OHHHH.....those enchiladas are so good!

I'm excited... I've been having a harder time lately with the diet, I think just boredom and discouragement, so I have been cooking up a storm. In the last 2 weeks I have made lasanga, turkey meat loaf, sloppy jo's, chili, veggie pizza (my fav so far) and tonight I'll try the enchiladas. My freezer is so full of tupperware dishes, I actually ran out of them!

E4FEwife 08-10-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks (Post 2868181)
lmickley,

Well... a few things... first of all the important thing is you're back and ready to get back OP. When it comes to the potluck and drinking, here is my suggestion, it sounds like it is mist likely at someone's house, if so, put your clear supplement (I have tried the lemon powder & the Berry concentrate) in a blender with diet 7-up or Sprite and 5 ice cubes. It is yummy, foamy, and kinda fun if you put it in a nice glass. People will be wondering what your "fancy" drink is.

Last of all, never apologize for complaining or for what amount of weight you have to lose. Having to lose 30 pounds (overall) is still a challenge. Nobody thinks it's a walk in the park because if we did we wouldn't be here. We are here to support and motivate you if you have 10 pounds to lose or 300 pounds to kick to the curb! Breathe, relax, forgive yourself for the past, and welcome back. :cool: