3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   The dog days of August Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/178180-dog-days-august-thread.html)

E4FEwife 08-07-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifties Lady (Post 2862354)
NoahsMama...oh such great news for you....I can't imagine how depressing that plateau is going to be...thank goodness when it happens, I will have you lovely posters to get me through it.

Ok, I have a question for you...how do you drink so much water and not have to take a potty break when you walk 45 minutes??? Do you have to wear depends? If so, I had better put them on my grocery list this weekend. :D

Ha! No joke. I went on a walk the other night with my hubby and almost had to go pee in a bush. Things were not looking so good. :^:

E4FEwife 08-07-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori123321 (Post 2862041)
Hi All,
Computer not working again at home, so I am quickly checking in at work.
Fifties Lady, so happy you joined. You will be an inspiration to us all.

Well, I had a complete off plan dinner last night. My best friend is moving to Omaha to take care of her grandmother. So, my friend Scott, Bridget (the one moving) and I went out to dinner. It was fabulous. It was a upscale restaurant that had a set menu. We just chose from 3 different entrees and selected the wine. I ended up having 2 glasses of wine, eating only half of soup, appetizer and chicken with veggies, (but it was so good!) and eating the dessert was black forest cake. Ate the whole lovely thing! Thought I would have cravings for carbs but went right back on plan today with only some swelling around my feet, dang that salt! I know I will pay for it come WI but I don't think I would change a thing. It was sad, she is the sister of my heart.

Her moving gives you reason to come to Omaha and visit! We have 2 Centers here so you can stay OP :D

Fifties Lady 08-08-2009 01:08 AM

Hello everyone....today was my first food class....the place was packed, I can't believe so many people are joining...it must be a good plan!!! The woman spoke so fast that it was hard to comprehend everything. I did ask questions though, and I felt like I knew so much just by reading these posts here. The specials were good, and many were signing up for both of the specials to save $70...after looking at it, I decided to just go with the first special and start there. So I walked out of there and didn't buy any of the suppliments....we shall see if I can still lose without them. Tomorrow I need to do my grocery list and start Sunday. Preparation is the key, and I can see why. Now I have to find my diet scale, which is buried in my kitchen somewhere. The menu isn't too hard to follow and it does seem like a lot to eat....I didn't know we would be weighed in today, but it was good news....I lost 3.5 pounds just on precon....This really surprised me since I have been doing this for the last couple of months, but not faithfully. This loss really made me more sure that I did the right thing.

Thank you for everyone who posted and answered my questions. I am curious though, is about everyone taking B6 or B12? I'm wondering if I need to go out and buy a bottle.

So all in all, I had a pretty good day, and really enjoyed myself. I was disappointed that the 7 classes they offer which are 2 a week on different nights were all full, which means you have to wait till number one comes open again That's a month away....which is sad for the newbies who would like to start and learn as much as they can now...that's my main complaint today....

Goose 08-08-2009 02:45 PM

Well, I finally broke through the inevitable plateau and was down 5 pounds today! I was whooping and hollering all over the place, and bouncing up and down on Tanita! :cool: This was just the encouragement I needed.:D

E4FEwife 08-08-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goose (Post 2865532)
Well, I finally broke through the inevitable plateau and was down 5 pounds today! I was whooping and hollering all over the place, and bouncing up and down on Tanita! :cool: This was just the encouragement I needed.:D

WTG :D

Fifties Lady 08-08-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goose (Post 2865532)

Goose...congrats!!:carrot::carrot:

I thought I had heard some hollering coming through my monitor....I applaud you girl!!! :hug:

Fifties Lady 08-08-2009 06:17 PM

Hey ladies...I just thought of something that struck me rather funny....I have ALWAYS kept my weight confidential....even my driver's license doesn't even know...and yet, I have told so many people here on 3FC's that it is no longer a secret...LOL. (not that I am going to tell any of my closest friends or family, including my wonderful husband....at least not yet!!)

Fifties Lady 08-08-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E4FEwife (Post 2864834)
Ha! No joke. I went on a walk the other night with my hubby and almost had to go pee in a bush. Things were not looking so good. :^:

There is one good thing about it...it makes you walk faster to find the nearest restroom....I always just walk, but now at times, I "Speed Walk"...try that with your legs tight together. :D

lookingforaloss 08-08-2009 07:17 PM

Has anyone ever heard of or done Quick Weight Loss Center program??? Anyone know how it compares to MRC???

Karen1234 08-08-2009 09:32 PM

Quote from Fifties Lady (Moved over from July Thread)....
Karen...great question. I didn't mention it, and I didn't think I would after I joined. You know this is so very funny, but when I first started to read this site to find out about MRC, because very little was said on their own website for information, anyway, after reading for several days, I was thinking many of you worked for MRC and it was a way to get people to join, because I wasn't reading anything negative about it....now I have to laugh at myself for those thoughts. Please don't think I am nuts!!! Oh...mentioning nuts, are they ever allowed on any of the menus? I will miss my handful of raw almonds each day at work. Oh, something else I found myself laughing at me was when I was going through the my menu, I could not find tomatoes....and dang, I have a garden full of them and what am I goind to do now???? Duh silly me, they were listed under "Raw Tomatoes" so it wasn't under the "t's"!!! What a sigh of relief!!! I have eaten so many tomatoes these last two weeks, that my husband could turn me upside down and call me "Topsy Turvy", because I swear there are enough seeds in me to start producing on my own!!! I know, it's late and I'm being silly....I had better say goodnight.....GOODNIGHT!!!

End Quote

Fifties lady, you totally crack me up... I remember thinking the same thing when I went to the MRC website and initially wondered about this site and the comments here when I first researched MRC so don't worry, you're not alone!! I appreciate all of your replies to my q about mentioning the forum to your counselor... I've never told the counselors about the 3FC website specifically, only termed it as a "MRC Support Forum w/o details given"... I guess b/c I felt the same way, like this was a great place to go to vent, share, etc... plus we've shared places to purchase products for cheaper etc so I didn't want to reveal that either but I appreciate all of your replies and had a feeling I couldn't have been the only one who has met a similar response when mentioning it. Thanks all :0) BTW, I couldn't make it w/o tomatoes Fifties Lady... These are a staple in my diet! Did you purchase any HNS to start with or are you planning to order these online? Truthfully, I wonder about the other supplements as well and if they're really useful. I've been on and off them all and can't tell you if there is really a difference. At one pnt I really felt the Enhancer was helping me but recently had to stop it due to palpitations. They were driving me nuts and I knew thats where it was coming from so I d/c these last week and palps were gone the next day. I plan to finish up the Cortitrim and MRC6 I currently have and then d/c these and see how I do. They were trying to sell me on an iodine supplement to replace it today but I declined, I'm tired of all their pills. I take the B12 for energy, B6 for diuretic properties and the combo helped me once for a big loss but then stopped working after this so I've given up on this as a booster. As for the nuts, I've never seen it on any of our menus. I do believe peanut butter is on the vegeterian menu but have never actually seen it. I will be honest and tell you that I do sometimes have a few nuts, either 3-4 almonds or cashews every couple of days. They are a real temptation of mine and hard to resist. I had to ban them from the house at one pnt b/c I was out of control but I've gotten better and they're back, LOL. Hubby loves them. Anyways, keep up the great work!!

Karen1234 08-08-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifties Lady (Post 2865775)
Hey ladies...I just thought of something that struck me rather funny....I have ALWAYS kept my weight confidential....even my driver's license doesn't even know...and yet, I have told so many people here on 3FC's that it is no longer a secret...LOL. (not that I am going to tell any of my closest friends or family, including my wonderful husband....at least not yet!!)

Same here, never told a soul how much I weigh before joining this site... It took me a week to decide if I wanted to actually post my weight, location etc b/c I was horrified someone would know who I was and the secret would be out, LOL! Boy was I silly, as if they couldn't have figured out I was fat and been able to estimate my weight :D

Went to WI today, down another .5 for total of 50 lbs lost! Yeah, would have loved to be 199.5 but didn't happen today.. Hopefully soon :0)

E4FEwife, Lmickley, Goose... Congrats on your losses, you guys are rockin' it!! Way to go!!

Noahsmama, thanks for the dressing recipe, I will have to try this :0)

NoMoreExcuses24 08-08-2009 09:45 PM

I need a kick in the butt !

Hello everyone ! I'm a newbie to this site. Well, actually, i've been lurking in the shadows both on this site and in my life for awhile now. I joined my local MRC March 30th and made it about a month before I fell off the wagon. I had a lot going on in my life at the time, both personally and professionally and was under tremendous stress and got off the diet. I had lost almost 20 pounds that first month and now i've gained it all back and a few pounds more. The 15 weeks I purchased back in March are up on Monday --and i'm sitting here no better off than I was 15 weeks ago, just out quite a bit of money. I want to start back so badly. And am comtemplating going back to my center on Monday to start again. I am almost 330 lbs, and i'm married to a 165 lb man and I have an absolutely beautiful 4 year old daughter. I am tired of not being able to do the things they can do. I fell like I am missing out on our lives together. If anyone has any words or wisdom they could share with me, please feel free. I need yall's support more than you know. This isn't my first diet rodeo, i've been on every diet known to man and even had gastric bypass surgery 9 years ago and lost 186 lbs and now i'm 50 lbs away from gaining all of that back. Thanks to anyone who might post to this. It is appreciated

Fifties Lady 08-08-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoMoreExcuses24 (Post 2865955)
Hello everyone ! I'm a newbie to this site. Well, actually, i've been lurking in the shadows both on this site and in my life for awhile now. I joined my local MRC March 30th and made it about a month before I fell off the wagon. I had a lot going on in my life at the time, both personally and professionally and was under tremendous stress and got off the diet. I had lost almost 20 pounds that first month and now i've gained it all back and a few pounds more. The 15 weeks I purchased back in March are up on Monday --and i'm sitting here no better off than I was 15 weeks ago, just out quite a bit of money. I want to start back so badly. And am comtemplating going back to my center on Monday to start again. I am almost 330 lbs, and i'm married to a 165 lb man and I have an absolutely beautiful 4 year old daughter. I am tired of not being able to do the things they can do. I fell like I am missing out on our lives together. If anyone has any words or wisdom they could share with me, please feel free. I need yall's support more than you know. This isn't my first diet rodeo, i've been on every diet known to man and even had gastric bypass surgery 9 years ago and lost 186 lbs and now i'm 50 lbs away from gaining all of that back. Thanks to anyone who might post to this. It is appreciated

Good Evening. No More Excuses....(.I like your "handle".) I would say go in and talk to one of the best counselors or even the manager and tell them you have had personal problems that kept you from staying OP...I'm sure they will work with you if you are honest and up front and are serious about trying it again. I also think it is another $99 to sign up for 24 more weeks, so you may want to check that out....I know it's more money, but as you can read from all the posters here, it works, you lost 20 pounds yourself so you are proof. Just do it come Monday morning...then come back here and we will give you all the support and hugs you need. :hug::hug:

1wandawoman 08-08-2009 10:36 PM

starting over?

I have lost 37 pounds with MRC, but have gone off the program for a month and a half. I have been able to keep the weight off, but now I want to lose the last 15 pounds? What should I do? Should I just start on the green menu or go back to the very beginning on the yellow then blue menu?

Goose 08-08-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E4FEwife (Post 2865545)
WTG :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifties Lady (Post 2865722)
Goose...congrats!!:carrot::carrot:

I thought I had heard some hollering coming through my monitor....I applaud you girl!!! :hug:

Thanks for the support! :D