3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   The dog days of August Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/178180-dog-days-august-thread.html)

lmickley 08-06-2009 08:41 AM

Good morning all! I want to report good news. :carrot: I got on the home scale this morning and I was down to 198.2, so I hope this shows tomorrow at WI so I can get the yellow menu and get off precon. I am a little nervous about the yellow menu; I hope I dont have to eat salad all the time. It is just too hard to stomach that much lettuce with so little dressing. LOL!

I am going in before lunch to WI. I will keep you all posted.

noahsmama 08-06-2009 09:58 AM

Well I guess all my huffing yesterday on the boards finally may have made the scales move. I had even told myself NOT to WI this morning, but I just couldn't resist.

I was holding steady between 174-174.5 and this morning I saw 173.5. Only a half a pound, but finally moving in the right direction. I'm drinking between 180-200 ounces of water and walking 45 min./day. That's why it was SO frustrating that I wasn't losing. I hope I have a bigger loss soon!

So for those of you who have yet to experience your plateau, just hang in there. Take it from me, someone who has followed the program 100% for the past 3 months, it's VERY frustrating!!

lmickley 08-06-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noahsmama (Post 2862285)
Well I guess all my huffing yesterday on the boards finally may have made the scales move. I had even told myself NOT to WI this morning, but I just couldn't resist.

I was holding steady between 174-174.5 and this morning I saw 173.5. Only a half a pound, but finally moving in the right direction. I'm drinking between 180-200 ounces of water and walking 45 min./day. That's why it was SO frustrating that I wasn't losing. I hope I have a bigger loss soon!

So for those of you who have yet to experience your plateau, just hang in there. Take it from me, someone who has followed the program 100% for the past 3 months, it's VERY frustrating!!

Great, I'm sure you will see more come off soon enough.:carrot:

wanting2b140 08-06-2009 10:11 AM

hey all! Just checking out other boards. I've got a long journey ahead but soooo ready for it! I am planning on losing 100 pounds (6 of which are already gone baby!!) so 94 lbs to go!

Hoping to stop by again sometime... :dust: to all!!!

Fifties Lady 08-06-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

NoahsMama...oh such great news for you....I can't imagine how depressing that plateau is going to be...thank goodness when it happens, I will have you lovely posters to get me through it.

Ok, I have a question for you...how do you drink so much water and not have to take a potty break when you walk 45 minutes??? Do you have to wear depends? If so, I had better put them on my grocery list this weekend. :D

Fifties Lady 08-06-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanting2b140 (Post 2862313)
hey all! Just checking out other boards. I've got a long journey ahead but soooo ready for it! I am planning on losing 100 pounds (6 of which are already gone baby!!) so 94 lbs to go!

I will join you in that long journey....I have 106 pounds so I guess you will be seeing quite a bit of us on this site....:hug::hug::hug:

noahsmama 08-06-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifties Lady (Post 2862354)
NoahsMama...oh such great news for you....I can't imagine how depressing that plateau is going to be...thank goodness when it happens, I will have you lovely posters to get me through it.

Ok, I have a question for you...how do you drink so much water and not have to take a potty break when you walk 45 minutes??? Do you have to wear depends? If so, I had better put them on my grocery list this weekend. :D

LOL you know surprisingly I only go every couple of hours. I've found that my body just adjusts to the extra water, honestly, no joking :) Plus, whenever I go somewhere, I'm like a young kid, I ALWAYS go before I leave the house. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmickley (Post 2862187)
Good morning all! I want to report good news. :carrot: I got on the home scale this morning and I was down to 198.2, so I hope this shows tomorrow at WI so I can get the yellow menu and get off precon. I am a little nervous about the yellow menu; I hope I dont have to eat salad all the time. It is just too hard to stomach that much lettuce with so little dressing. LOL!

I am going in before lunch to WI. I will keep you all posted.

Yean for you!!! That's so awesome. I started at 214 and thus was on the beige menu, so I didn't get to go through the yellow menu, so I'm not sure what's different about it vs. the green/beige menu. I'll be anxious to hear from you!

noahsmama 08-06-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanting2b140 (Post 2862313)

Good for you! Are you on MRC or another program?

Karen1234 08-06-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori123321 (Post 2862041)
Hi All,
Computer not working again at home, so I am quickly checking in at work.
Fifties Lady, so happy you joined. You will be an inspiration to us all.

Well, I had a complete off plan dinner last night. My best friend is moving to Omaha to take care of her grandmother. So, my friend Scott, Bridget (the one moving) and I went out to dinner. It was fabulous. It was a upscale restaurant that had a set menu. We just chose from 3 different entrees and selected the wine. I ended up having 2 glasses of wine, eating only half of soup, appetizer and chicken with veggies, (but it was so good!) and eating the dessert was black forest cake. Ate the whole lovely thing! Thought I would have cravings for carbs but went right back on plan today with only some swelling around my feet, dang that salt! I know I will pay for it come WI but I don't think I would change a thing. It was sad, she is the sister of my heart.

Well good for you Lori, getting right back on the wagon! Glad you had a nice evening w/friends, sounds bittersweet but a great memory... hopefully it won't be long before you see her again. Don't worry about WI, if you wait a day or 2 the extra sodium will flush out with a little extra H20. ;)

Quote:

WAY TO GO NOAHSMAMA... IT HAD TO GO SOONER OR LATER! My last big plateau I was so mad at the scale that I actually swore I was going to throw it out the window if it didn't budge...(which is funny b/c I never throw anything no matter how mad I get) well guess what, I won, the scale forfeited and I lost 2 lbs that day, saved the scale and my good reputation for having patience! Hee hee, I love how these things work out sometimes, LOL...

Karen1234 08-06-2009 05:31 PM

Oh So Close!!

Went to WI today and was down 1.5 lbs since last official WI and 3.5 lbs since splurge last weekend. I was .5 lb away from signing the 50 lb board and 1 lb away from entering ONDERLAND, ONDERLAND, ONDERLAND !!!!!!! I haven't been there in 8 years, so exciting to be so close... I'll keep you posted with Sat's WI. Yeah! :running::dust::running:

Fifties Lady 08-06-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen1234 (Post 2863052)
Went to WI today and was down 1.5 lbs since last official WI and 3.5 lbs since splurge last weekend. I was .5 lb away from signing the 50 lb board and 1 lb away from entering ONDERLAND, ONDERLAND, ONDERLAND !!!!!!! I haven't been there in 8 years, so exciting to be so close... I'll keep you posted with Sat's WI. Yeah! :running::dust::running:

Karen...oh how exciting for you! I can't imagine how that must feel...you give me so much encouragment since we have the same goal....I hope I can follow in your footsteps and be just as successful. I can't wait till Sat.'s WI for you....I have my fingers crossed....come on 50...come on ONDERLAND!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Karen1234 08-06-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifties Lady (Post 2863284)
Karen...oh how exciting for you! I can't imagine how that must feel...you give me so much encouragment since we have the same goal....I hope I can follow in your footsteps and be just as successful. I can't wait till Sat.'s WI for you....I have my fingers crossed....come on 50...come on ONDERLAND!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Thanks Fifties Lady... not only is our goal weight the same but where we started is very close as well so you're right, our goals are very much the same. I can certainly say I know how you feel, just starting out, wanting so badly to succeed... just know it is going to happen and we will all be celebrating your losses with you too, very soon...
:carrot: Work it Lady, you can do it!!! :carrot:

Lori123321 08-07-2009 04:52 AM

Quote:

So close! You will whip that 50 lb board and make it yours soon! And onderland is only a fist full of fat away! You are doing so well. Just imagine lifting a 50 lb blanket from your shoulders and how light your step must be now! I am so excited for you.

Lori123321 08-07-2009 05:03 AM

Thank you all for your support during this summer. This has been a humble time for me but at the same time, I feel more connected to my family and have reprioritized my life. I am proud that I did not use my long times of drama to fall of program and feel no guilt about the other night. It was a celebration of a beautiful friendship between 3 people who accepted each other and supported each other with out judgement. And when I get to maintaince, there will be celebrations and special occasions that will be outside of my calorie limit. Just learning that they don't happen on a weekly basis is the key ;).

lmickley 08-07-2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Yeah! That is so great!:carrot: