Old 03-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #76  

I have to admit, I've been trying this by myself for awhile, and I just don't do as well. Unfortunately I don't have the means to rejoin, so I keep on trying, but it is really hard! Getting information here helps for sure, but it's just not the same.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #77  

Height: 5'9"

Default Today Is The Day

I have been attempting to get back on the program for a month now...trying a day here and there without success. Yesterday was the final straw...when I weighed myself and I had gained nearly 20lbs back since December UGH! SO today is day one and it is going great...I worked so hard last year to lose 60lbs no way am I going to throw that all away...I have 34lbs to go.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:27 AM   #78  

Hang in there GWE ... as long as we keep trying, we're still in the game!!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:12 AM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
Hang in there GWE ... as long as we keep trying, we're still in the game!!
Thank you...yesterday went really well and I have my head in it now!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
Thank you...yesterday went really well and I have my head in it now!

P.S. Congratulations on your 1/2 marathon!!
Old 03-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #81  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
I have been attempting to get back on the program for a month now...trying a day here and there without success. Yesterday was the final straw...when I weighed myself and I had gained nearly 20lbs back since December UGH! SO today is day one and it is going great...I worked so hard last year to lose 60lbs no way am I going to throw that all away...I have 34lbs to go.
I've been on maintenance for 5 months and had gained a few pounds over the holidays. I've been watching what I eat and keeping my food diary on SPARKPEOPLE.com and it's the fats I'm eating too much of - good ones but too much. I posted the yellow menu a week ago and have eaten breakfasts, and lunchs if I'm home but haven't been able to follow through with dinners! I admire you GWE - I'd really like to get back into 'fat burning mode' for a couple weeks.

Maybe I'll use you for inspiration and just do it!!! Raising my water bottle to ya' jeanette

Last edited by reuselady; 03-27-2010 at 11:44 AM.
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:04 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 293/293/163

Would you please send me the beige menu? I would greatly appreciate it! I was on the program when I lived in FL but there is not a center here in MD or close by. Please and thank you.
gonnabthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:12 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
P.S. Congratulations on your 1/2 marathon!!
dkmd27 - Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
I've been on maintenance for 5 months and had gained a few pounds over the holidays. I've been watching what I eat and keeping my food diary on SPARKPEOPLE.com and it's the fats I'm eating too much of - good ones but too much. I posted the yellow menu a week ago and have eaten breakfasts, and lunchs if I'm home but haven't been able to follow through with dinners! I admire you GWE - I'd really like to get back into 'fat burning mode' for a couple weeks.

Maybe I'll use you for inspiration and just do it!!! Raising my water bottle to ya' jeanette
Jeanette, thank you so much for the encouragement. I am happy to say that I am down 4lbs this morning after two days back on program...I did have a VERY difficult time running yesterday...struggled to get through 4 miles with the few calories in my system...but hey I will just keep on program and run what I can...my focus is to get to my goal and keep running as a form of stress release and exercise.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 293/293/163

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiwansWife View Post
Hello, everyone! I am new to this forum. I lost about 25 lbs at Metabolic recently, and have maintained that weight loss, but can't seem to get motivated to lose the rest (another 50 lbs). I currently am using the green diet sheet. I really want to lose the last of it so I can get the weight off once and for all, (and actually wear shorts this summer!) but I hate to spend the big bucks (again) that Metabolic wants. And then I found this forum!! What a blessing!

I have a few questions:

1. Is it necessary to have the HNS (or substitutes) for this diet to work?

2. What comes after the green diet sheet? Is there another one that is even more restrictive? (And can someone provide a copy to me if there is?)

3. How do you all get through the afternoon munchies? I have a three year old who still naps in the afternoon (so I am at home), and I have the hardest time getting through that time without having a least a little something I'm not supposed to. I need help!

Thanks,

Stacy
Hi Stacy,

Would you please share the green menu w/ me? I was on the program about 4 years ago but don't know what I did w/ my menu. I'm going to do this on my own. There are several websites that sale the same HNS that MRC sells but don't cost quite as much. I don't have enough posts to send my email address in this post but my email address is listed under my contact info.

Thanks,

Leketra
gonnabthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:22 PM   #85  

Default Menus

I have yellow, blue, green, beige, meta-quick and meta-balance menus just PM me and I will scan and send...please give me a couple of days though...
Old 03-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 221/218/150

Height: 5'6"

Thank you SO much for this thread. I've had several friends do MRC's program and have phenomenal results, and I felt defeated because there's no way we could afford to do it - I'm self-employed, so it seems like money is always tight and anything extra goes toward saving for slow times.

From what I've gathered, I need the beige and green menus - can anyone send these to me? And if you've got any tips for a total newbie, send those along too!

Thanks!
- Julie
JuliaGoolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 214/214/135

Height: 5' 5"

So I saw in here where someone stated that they order the drinks online at dietdirect dot com but what specifically do you order from them? I am going to sign up today and will have Food Instruction on Friday but wondering if I can save some moolah (as I desperately need to do) by ordering online. I just don't know enough yet to order the right thing. Please help!?! Any advice would be great.

I would also love the menus as I am sure I will want to lose more than what they have planned in the next 17 weeks for me but refuse to pay more money beyond today. I have no idea what menus I need, can someone educate me on this and/or send them to me?

Not sure how to get you my info... k w i l d e 6 4 3 4 at y a h o o dot c o m. is my e m a i l addy.

Thanks!!
kwilde6434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:52 AM   #88  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Default MRC is a PROGRAM not just a Diet

MRC is more than just menus - it is not a diet, it is a Program. Those of you who do not have a center near you and do not want to do this program via phone and mail order, or can not afford to sign up, could use this forum (all zillion pages of it) to "data mine". In different places, you will find the information contained in the menus. If you have questions about something specific, at the bottom of the index page, you can search on specific words to find all the posts that have that word in it. Many of us who have spend a lot of money on MRC do not feel comfortable just 'giving away' the menus. There are a lot of specific problems that can occur when you are on a low calorie diet and the supervision and bi-weekly meetings with the MRC counselor helps protect one when one is doing this diet. If you read through this forum and get enough information to do this on your own and you post questions here often enough, you may find someone who feels comfortable to email you the menus. After you have been a 3FC member for 21 days and have so many posts (or something like that) you can send and receive Private Messages. I do not want to be discouraging and I love sharing this program with everyone who really wants to lose weight, but you have to realize, it is a change in life style, not a diet. If you go back to eating how you did before MRC, you will gain weight. Sorry this is so long; I feel bad everytime someone posts on this and the "Menus" thread.
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 180/165/125

Height: 4'11"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyice26 View Post
Great so let's get started. Does everyone have the meal plan and know what they are supposed to be eating? I am starting...again....day one of the meta-slim plan (ketosis part). Last time I tried this diet I got to day 7 and just got so bored with the food. I wasn't completely hungry although there were times when I did get more hungry. I just don't like to eat salads for lunch and I need something quick and easy to grab and go.
Ok so I started MRC the 1st of this year & I fall & get back up however I have lost 13lbs, 22 inches & went from an uncomfortable size 16 jeans to a loose 10 jeans. I love the drinks & products & am up for renewal on Saturday. Would have to pay ANOTHER $130 (paid over $200 to join) in order to renew (does not include products). I saw all of your comments & went ot Diet Direct. THANK GOD!!!!!! I usually spend $50/every 2 weeks on products. I went to the site & spent $80 (free shipping) and I am set, no renewal fees & now Ill take the remainder of that $130 I would have spent on Saturday & get my hair done instead!!!!! I am also joinging a Saturday boot camp here in Daytona so that will surely help. Other than that I walk about 1/2 hour 4x's a week if I am good! Im ready to join this support group & have the MRC cookbook so Ill try to post recipes here & there. Stock up on those drinks ladies...they're the success in my opinion!

Last edited by sully2nsb; 03-31-2010 at 12:20 PM.
sully2nsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:30 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 180/165/125

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post

Where do I get this weight progress chart???
sully2nsb is offline   Reply With Quote